The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Cups and balls or a combo set..? (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
BarryFernelius
View Profile
Inner circle
Still learning, even though I've made
2525 Posts

Profile of BarryFernelius
My copper Mendoza cups, Michael Kaminskas snakewood/maple wand, and colorful load balls look like this:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=......KUEgeEcY
"I don't teach people stories about the coyote for them to tell. I AM the coyote. They tell stories about me."

-Pop Haydn
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8309 Posts

Profile of funsway
Just an added thought prompted by another thread.

The combo set has an advantage being used as a Chop Cup independently or as part of a mixed routine.

It is a place to idle the extra ball!

With a standard set you cannot show all three cups empty and both hands clean at the same time. The extra must be somewhere.
It can be removed from play on the body somewhere or - idled in the special cup for a while, perhaps from the beginning.

You never have to use the synchronous "pour, vanish, reveal" technique at all. Just as a way to "close the door" on suspicion --
to give truth to the notion, "three cups and three balls - nothing more."
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
Michael Kaminskas
View Profile
V.I.P.
117 Posts

Profile of Michael Kaminskas
Just as a point of note: While I haven't had them available in the past the MK Professional Cups will have a Combo set coming in the next few months. Head over to my site - www.mkcups.com and sign up for the newsletter to keep posted on updates.
BarryFernelius
View Profile
Inner circle
Still learning, even though I've made
2525 Posts

Profile of BarryFernelius
This is exciting news. Sign up! Master Kaminskas makes the good stuff.

And he's incredibly knowledgable about the Cups and Balls.
"I don't teach people stories about the coyote for them to tell. I AM the coyote. They tell stories about me."

-Pop Haydn
The Gold Coin
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of The Gold Coin
+1 for the combo set. Some chop cup routines actually take advantage of having a matching regular cup, so it's nice to have.

I got my set from Brett Sherwood. The antique brass set looks amazing in person.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1744 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Michael: Your cups and accessories look absolutely beautiful!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Cups and balls or a combo set..? (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL