The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Alien Mind Reading (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
MarianoG
View Profile
Veteran user
SPAIN
336 Posts

Profile of MarianoG
Quote:
On Apr 21, 2018, Mr. Dural wrote:
The first part of the effect inject can do - cheaper and perhaps much more effectively. The other part (planting thoughts, telepathy) where it seems to do what Cerebro does..that I would like to hear more about.

Both systems had to "give" something in order to gain something else.
Understanding that and knowing what I want, I was a able to prove that you don't need to justify everything to amaze.

In order to "Talk" about two effects you have to test them. Simply knowing how it works does not suffice in this case.

You "imagine" an ideal world and how the effect plays there. But reality is different.

For the planting thoughts and telepathy this is very straightforward. Will demo it soon.
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of kieronthemighty
Quote:
On Apr 21, 2018, MarianoG wrote:
Quote:
The first part of the effect inject can do - cheaper and perhaps much more effectively. The other part (planting thoughts, telepathy) where it seems to do what Cerebro does..that I would like to hear more about.

Understanding that and knowing what I want, I was a able to prove that you don't need to justify everything to amaze.

In order to "Talk" about two effects you have to test them. Simply knowing how it works does not suffice in this case.

You "imagine" an ideal world and how the effect plays there. But reality is different.

For the planting thoughts and telepathy this is very straightforward. Will demo it soon.

Look forward to the vids I have ordered it unfortunately I won’t get it to a few more weeks I’m currently on tour.

Very excited I have inject but I’m interested in the other applications

K
Mr. Dural
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of Mr. Dural
Quote:
On Apr 21, 2018, MarianoG wrote:
Quote:

There is no way around having your spectator type in a fishy URL and have them believe its anything other than a trick website. I understand that this is your product, and naturally you are protective. For me, and many others who have posted, this is a glaring weakness. Your personal experience might be different - good for you. People on here are your potential customers who are giving feedback about what they like and do not like about the way your product has to be done. The upsides (not touching the phone) does not outweigh the massive downside of the fishy URL.

I do not have "perfect world delusions"- I perform in the real world where audiences who are even slightly technologically inclined will know that the website is integral to the workings of the trick.

People here are saying they prefer inject because of how it cancels out the method :
1. You type in the url and it takes you to a page that looks like google.
2. You hand the phone to the spectator they search for what they want
3. the results are displayed on a REAL google page.
4. The history does not reflect the special URL you used.

If your trick does this as well , great! but we can get it cheaper with Inject -which also comes with a whole lot of possibilities in addition to the search peek.

For me the one saving grace of your trick is the telepathy part - where the spectator gets a thought implanted in their head. This is would be interested in, especially if its using the technology I suspect. I'm surprised you didn't lead with this.

Anyway, I wish you only the best with your release. I hope to see more demos.

--Dural--
Psy
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of Psy
The url will seem fishy to anyone. Why not a Google “normal page? I prefer Inject
MarianoG
View Profile
Veteran user
SPAIN
336 Posts

Profile of MarianoG
" do not have "perfect world delusions"- I perform in the real world where audiences who are even slightly technologically inclined will know that the website is integral to the workings of the trick. "

I didn't meant you or anyone is delusional. I meant there's an irreplaceable experience performing these effects. They can't be imagined.

I think a mobile is one of the most intimate and valuable possessions of a person. Taking a strangers phone and typing without them seeing, will arouse suspicion from time to time. It has happened to me, a spectator said..."what, you've downloaded a trojan or what?". Nice sentence to kill a trick.

Plus, you only have one-shot. If they said do it again (most likely with many spectators) you can't, unless you ask for the phone again, and that's not acceptable.

As I said before I can upload and give the "false google - then to real google" option, but I guarantee that if you try the multishot one, you won't be disappointed.

Tech-knowing people... it all depends to who, in what situation and how you handle and present the effect. The fake URL is clearly visible at one moment... it can be discovered. And you know it.

This device should be compared to similar devices, and not to apps, even when they share a similarity in method.

While the thought implant effect can be done to one or multiple spectators, the telepathy act is more like a "stage" or formal setting one.

As with all tech and software tricks, this is a live thing and can be customized to suit specific needs. As new ideas or twists are being developed for the device, updates are free.

I believe this is for the serious mentalist.

Hope this helps.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On Apr 21, 2018, jaizon wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 21, 2018, Saturn UK wrote:
I seem to sense some defence of a far more expensive version that is on the market, I hear no-one saying version is not needed.

I hope you can recover your investment.

Performing is where I earn my main living, it will take less than one booking to pay for this and I have numerous ideas how I will use it.

Even using the app version there are easily ways to justify using the website you go to, it is our job a performers to justify and normalise things we use in performance.

What I like about this is you could do multiple shows in a day and use this in completely different ways (some with a phone in play some without) in each show which makes it great value for money and very versatile.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
MarianoG
View Profile
Veteran user
SPAIN
336 Posts

Profile of MarianoG
Mark, I just sent to your commercial email a series of effects and presentations with/without APP for the "Thought Implanted" trick.

I wish I can publish them here, but I hope to tape some demos soon. Let me know what you think.
tomd
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of tomd
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2018, Saturn UK wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 21, 2018, jaizon wrote:
Quote:
I seem to sense some defence of a far more expensive version that is on the market, I hear no-one saying version is not needed.

I hope you can recover your investment.

Performing is where I earn my main living, it will take less than one booking to pay for this and I have numerous ideas how I will use it.

Even using the app version there are easily ways to justify using the website you go to, it is our job a performers to justify and normalise things we use in performance.

What I like about this is you could do multiple shows in a day and use this in completely different ways (some with a phone in play some without) in each show which makes it great value for money and very versatile.

I don't think anyone disagrees that justification is part of our job, that's not where the debate is. Everyone has raised concerns because there is an app that does the EXACT thing this app is promoting, it also has variations that arguably are cleaner, it replicates a Bigger and more Popular search engine, it ends on a real website, the list of effects is essentially unlimited, and its 3 times cheaper.

Every concern has basically been worded to imply a question: "what can this do that inject can't?" And "is the process easier to justify than inject?"

the second question appears to have been answered, and it's a no.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
This can do whole lot more than Inject.

I don't know why you guys are so hung on the app version.

Inject is an app, this is an app and a general utility device it does other things inject can't.

There is nothing to defend here, Inject is great, so is this.

If you can't see the advantage of buying this then don't, each to there own but don't say this has no place and no use, it does.

Can the the app be justified, yes it can with very little thought.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
MarianoG
View Profile
Veteran user
SPAIN
336 Posts

Profile of MarianoG
Ok, aside from the app these are the effects possible (as far as I know) wich cannot be done with the mentioned systems (as far as I know).
I wasn't able to shoot a demo for all of them, my fault. But I will, that's for sure.

"Tought Implanted"

You have several options to present. Let's start with ONE-ON-ONE:

You show the spectator some postcards with pictures, like trains, bikes, church, etc.
The spectator selects one of them, wich is placed face down or in his pocket. He's not allowed to see it.

You ask him to concentrate and try to receive any image that comes to his brain. If there is more people watching, you say "If you receive anything, please DON'T say it yet".
Now you ask him to cover his ears (without covering his ears too, depends on where you perform) show your empty hands and place one hand in front of his head and one in the back.

Now ask him if any thought or image has come to his mind, that can be related to any of the cards. I don't like the word "hear" because it can be related.
He will say either a church, or bells, or anything that's pictured. Ask him to turn over or remove the card from his pocket to see the match.

You can also present this by writing down places on a napkin,so you don't need the cards.

ONE-ON-SEVERAL:

Use this method when you have two or more spectators, so you involve more than one.
This is merely a change of presentation. The first spectator selects or points to an image, and the second one guesses wich one is it by implanting the thought in her head.
This way, you implant the thought of anything and the spectator is turned into a "mentalist" himself.

TWO-ON-SEVERAL:

This makes use of the app.
Any spectator writes down a fruit, a country, etc.
The second spectator correctly guesses each time by having the magic touch from the mentalist/magician.

Can also be made without writing, the selections can be done by pointing at objects while the second spectator is either blindfolded,
or someone is covering his eyes.

TWO-ON-ONE:

(no APP needed).

You ask a spectator to give you a list of his favourite songs.
You take out a pen and write them down in a paper. Let 's say he names 8-10 songs.

You now ask him to remember a special moment linked to one of the songs in particular.
You turn around, asking him to circle the selected song and show the audience. Then he should fold the paper (any way he likes).

You turn facing him. You ask about that particular experience, or moment in time, but he's not to reveal the song.
You pocket the folded paper and pen.

Now you ask him to cover the ears and place the hands in his head.
After a moment of concentration he will start to hear his selected song inside of his head-.

TELEPATHY ACT:

For the exact picture search Youtube for "The Clairvoyants" and see the part of their act where he's not talking, yet she
gets every item right.

I don't know what they use, but you can replicate it, of course it's an ACT, not something you will perform at the street with a phone.
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
900 Posts

Profile of dyoung
So do you credit my Cerebro for the thought implantation idea part of it?

//Dan
MarianoG
View Profile
Veteran user
SPAIN
336 Posts

Profile of MarianoG
I'm sorry but I'm a magician first. I don't know anything about Cerebro.
I started my creation out of the need to achieve a silent telepathy act with a partenaire.
I knew there is a tooth implant device (something the CIA might use) then there is a tooth add-on ($ 7000).
From finding b***con**** I ended up creating this.

Then someone told me there was a thumbtip used in the past to achieve something like that.

If you created the routine of thought implantation, you should be credited, of course. I respect the original creators in all my products.
In "Nut Waltz" for example I credit Marc Jacobs as the original source and inspiration.

In this case your product was not an inspiration.
With this tool, it's like throwing a hammer here and there and pretending that everyone who hits anything with it, credits you.
It's not something like a deck of cards that allows for endless creations (and sometimes people ends up in independent reinvention cases)-
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
900 Posts

Profile of dyoung
So how much research did you do into b*** c******ion effects before releasing this? How much did you ask around?

It's not like anyone needs permission to release anything using this tech, I didn't invent it. But I was the first to apply it in this way... and it would be nice to, for once, get some recognition for it. Cerebro came onto the market back in '04, and was used by various famous TV magicians at the time, and has since been ripped off and used with zero credit.

All I want is for people to research it, and perhaps realise they weren't the first to use it, and then give some credit and provide some history for their customers, so that the lineage isn't lost.

Wish you all the best with this product!

Sincerely,
Daniel
MarianoG
View Profile
Veteran user
SPAIN
336 Posts

Profile of MarianoG
Thanks Daniel, I will make sure to include all the credits for the original routines and who was the first to apply this (medical-often-used) technology.
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2077 Posts

Profile of David Numen
I think you're missing the point Mariano. What Daniel is saying is that this technology has been used in magic before - it doesn't matter where the technology itself originated. Let me give a very basic example...

Carbon paper has been used in mentalism devices for many years. But carbon paper was invented outside of mentalism. That doesn't mean you can create a device using carbon paper and dismiss all previous magical uses just because carbon paper itself isn't a magic "thing". I don't know if you get that - it's certainly what's coming across from you.
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
I agree with what David said above, as this:

Quote:
On Apr 22, 2018, MarianoG wrote:
Thanks Daniel, I will make sure to include all the credits for the original routines and who was the first to apply this (medical-often-used) technology.

comes across really poorly - and makes you appear rather blinkered/evil
MarianoG
View Profile
Veteran user
SPAIN
336 Posts

Profile of MarianoG
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2018, David Numen wrote:
I think you're missing the point Mariano. What Daniel is saying is that this technology has been used in magic before - it doesn't matter where the technology itself originated. Let me give a very basic example...

Carbon paper has been used in mentalism devices for many years. But carbon paper was invented outside of mentalism. That doesn't mean you can create a device using carbon paper and dismiss all previous magical uses just because carbon paper itself isn't a magic "thing". I don't know if you get that - it's certainly what's coming across from you.

I knew that. I state this in my previous post. This technology was used in mentalism before. But I doubt in this combination.

And I said I am happy to credit any routine creator like him. Don't try to tergiverse things.

What I said is that it is easy to come to that routine if you give a mentalist that tool. Let me know what part is wrong here.
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1015 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
[quote]On Apr 21, 2018, Saturn UK wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 21, 2018, Martin.Lester wrote:
Quote:
You guys are just picking up on one way this can used, you don't even need to use the url / website, this can be used in so many ways.

At the end of the day is it worth 6 times the price of inject

You still have not put a good argument to convince anyone

I think it is and its cheap considering what you get ready to go out of the box.

I'm not going to list all the ways I can see this being used as its an open forum but there are many.

quote]

OK if that's the case please post some further information in secret session

This is what most people do especially for large item purchase

As this is not searchable in Google

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=37
MarianoG
View Profile
Veteran user
SPAIN
336 Posts

Profile of MarianoG
Whoops I just checked again the explanation video and it does not explain any of the routines from "Cerebro". Not even the words "implant a thought" are mentioned. I only explain how a spectator can pick up what another searches on their phone.

So I can't give credit for explanations I did NOT publish. I can give credit here as now I know.

If people want to use the device to perform those mentioned effects... is their problem. As I said it's only logical and any creative mentalist will create his own routines.
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2077 Posts

Profile of David Numen
I expect more respect for the past from Spanish magi but it seems not to be the case from yourself. It DOES NOT matter that your effects are different and it DOES NOT matter that the technology comes from outside magic. You check to see what else people have released, what the history is and then you credit them. Simple.

Now it strikes me very much that there's this big trend in magic - and especially mentalism - in just shunting stuff out there and then "apologising" afterwards. It is perhaps coincidental that magic sales often tend to spike the first few days after release so by the time an apology and credit is issued all the money has been made. Don't check if this has been done because - horror - we might not be able to release it.

It strikes me that the guy tergiversing is you, Mariano.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Alien Mind Reading (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL