The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Alien Mind Reading (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Psy
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of Psy
Can somebody please answer the questions posted about this product here:
www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.ph......forum=37
MarianoG
View Profile
Veteran user
SPAIN
336 Posts

Profile of MarianoG
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2018, David Numen wrote:
I expect more respect for the past from Spanish magi but it seems not to be the case from yourself. It DOES NOT matter that your effects are different and it DOES NOT matter that the technology comes from outside magic. You check to see what else people have released, what the history is and then you credit them. Simple.

Now it strikes me very much that there's this big trend in magic - and especially mentalism - in just shunting stuff out there and then "apologising" afterwards. It is perhaps coincidental that magic sales often tend to spike the first few days after release so by the time an apology and credit is issued all the money has been made. Don't check if this has been done because - horror - we might not be able to release it.

It strikes me that the guy tergiversing is you, Mariano.

I agree. Not to the tergiversing, but you see, this happens a LOT and not only in the area of mentalism. Let me show you an example. In 1999 G.Quieto created the signed card through glass table. In 2006 I created the coin through glass table (melting point). In 2016-2017 JP produces a video called "Beyond the Mirror by Jean-Pierre Vallarino". It shows variations on the same ideas without crediting. We talked with the distributor and him and finally he placed our names at the bottom of the ad copy.

You see this happens even to the biggest names in magic. I repeat I have no problem in crediting anyone.
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Is "tergiversing" supposed to be "transgressing"?
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
I have read all of the posts on this thread.

Based on the videos that I've seen so far and the descriptions that have been given, this product looks like it uses a "google peek" like feature in Inject that transmits to a B*** C*nd**** device.

Current users of Inject have already used B*** C*nd**** devices to listen to Inject's text to speech feature.

I also read how Alien Mind Reading is trying to differentiate from Inject by having a website that allows for multiple peeks from a single spectator.
The highest priority of Inject is to make the spectator believe that they are "Googling" information ... that's why all the search results are in the REAL Google (and hence the reason why you can't immediately repeat the effect without doing something extra).

Keep in mind, Inject does allow you to get multiple peeks from multiple spectators (that's why mentalist LOVE using Inject for P**-Sh*w).

If you wanted to use Inject to get TWO pieces of information from one spectator, you would simply ask your spectator to do a single google search for two items ...
"Please Google image search for any celebrity eating any fruit/vegetable" ...

The magician in the above example would then dramatically reveal both the celebrity and the fruit.

In the last two years, I have tested many covert "listening" devices (including B**e C*nd****).
My conclusion is, it is often difficult to hear what someone has typed ... that's the reason why Inject has a feature that spells the spectator's selection (but that has the negative of being slow).

I discovered there are routines where the set of pre defined selections would make it easier to hear their selection and other routines (like people's names) where it was almost impossible to understand the spectator's selection by listening to it.
That's why I firmly believe that peeking is a LOT more reliable.

As a new B*** C*nd**** device, I think Mariano is trying to differentiate his product from other solutions on the market by including these web features.

I do not own Alien Mind Reading so I can't comment on all of the included effects or if the web parts of the product give Inject credit or not.

Greg Rostami
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Yup.

And with a Stephen Hawking Alien computer “voice” - good luck HEARING at a noisy environment gig in a pub.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2018, saysold1 wrote:
Yup.

And with a Stephen Hawking Alien computer “voice” - good luck HEARING at a noisy environment gig in a pub.

I suppose you get what you pay for....and sometimes not even that.
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1664 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2018, saysold1 wrote:
Yup.

Yeah, exactly what I was thinking.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
The device at this price point... I would have to say if the device is solid in terms of build and functionality, it’s a bargain at the asking price. Zero cares about the Inject type function/app.
ltchip
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of ltchip
When is iphone version due?
MarianoG
View Profile
Veteran user
SPAIN
336 Posts

Profile of MarianoG
You already have a working Iphone version ready.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2018, Greg Rostami wrote:
I have read all of the posts on this thread.

Based on the videos that I've seen so far and the descriptions that have been given, this product looks like it uses a "google peek" like feature in Inject that transmits to a B*** C*nd**** device.

Current users of Inject have already used B*** C*nd**** devices to listen to Inject's text to speech feature.

I also read how Alien Mind Reading is trying to differentiate from Inject by having a website that allows for multiple peeks from a single spectator.
The highest priority of Inject is to make the spectator believe that they are "Googling" information ... that's why all the search results are in the REAL Google (and hence the reason why you can't immediately repeat the effect without doing something extra).

Keep in mind, Inject does allow you to get multiple peeks from multiple spectators (that's why mentalist LOVE using Inject for P**-Sh*w).

If you wanted to use Inject to get TWO pieces of information from one spectator, you would simply ask your spectator to do a single google search for two items ...
"Please Google image search for any celebrity eating any fruit/vegetable" ...

The magician in the above example would then dramatically reveal both the celebrity and the fruit.

In the last two years, I have tested many covert "listening" devices (including B**e C*nd****).
My conclusion is, it is often difficult to hear what someone has typed ... that's the reason why Inject has a feature that spells the spectator's selection (but that has the negative of being slow).

I discovered there are routines where the set of pre defined selections would make it easier to hear their selection and other routines (like people's names) where it was almost impossible to understand the spectator's selection by listening to it.
That's why I firmly believe that peeking is a LOT more reliable.

As a new B*** C*nd**** device, I think Mariano is trying to differentiate his product from other solutions on the market by including these web features.

I do not own Alien Mind Reading so I can't comment on all of the included effects or if the web parts of the product give Inject credit or not.

Greg Rostami

I too am one that loves Inject 2 for multiple specs information during pr* sh**. To think I spent $1900 a few years ago for old technology to do this....

Decomposing Technology
ghopper8
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of ghopper8
Quote:
On May 12, 2018, MarianoG wrote:
You already have a working Iphone version ready.

hi, Can I confirm that the iphone version is available ?
MarianoG
View Profile
Veteran user
SPAIN
336 Posts

Profile of MarianoG
Mentalism devices always had a high secretism. Please PM me thanks.
fogelka
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of fogelka
Here are a couple of additional points to support Mario's statement (paraphrased) that the technology is nothing new, and that independent similar applications are naturally going to occur.

As a simple example, consider "sticky stuff" that basically allows one to adhere two "things" together, but then easily separate them when necessary. I think we all know what the "things" are in this case. Once that mass marketed substance becomes known to two or three or maybe hundreds of magicians, the applications are going to quickly start popping into their minds. The applications are obvious. However, one magician releases an effect using the substance. So now, does that magician get to claim credit for being the "first" to use this substance in this way? Well, no - he's only the first to market something using the tech. Dozens or hundreds of other magicians may have been using this already for who knows how long. To be fair, shouldn't at least one of them receive credit? How do we track down the VERY FIRST one who performed an effect with this substance?

By comparison, consider a new sleight or a unique and non-obvious use of some device or tech. This is a different situation altogether. For instance, magnets - a common and mass marketed "tech". Many magical applications of magnets are quite unique and non-obvious, and someone creates an effect that most likely nobody thought of previously. Those magic inventors should of course receive credit as being the first to employ magnets in this way.

Note the difference between the two scenarios. One application is obvious, and the other is not. That also happens to be one of the criteria for receiving a patent, by the way. You can't patent something that is an obvious application of a technology.

Bottom line is that I think a few of the posts were unnecessarily hard on Mario, and too accusatory. I think the application of the tech in question here, for implanting thoughts, is quite obvious to anyone who would happen upon this technology. A technology which, by the way, is not a big secret. It's pretty well known, and becoming more so all the time. Yet, Mario nevertheless stated that he would gladly give credit. True, he was offering to give credit while at the same trying to convey what I've stated above. So, it wasn't stated with the proper finesse, and the two points probably should have been made separately. Ok. But cut some slack, please.

I think the real issue in the case of the excellent Cerebro, is not one of crediting, but rather in the disgusting practice of manufacturing knock-offs. The perpetrators of this type of theft (in my opinion) are simply non-creative money grubbing opportunists. They scan the websites and forums to find out which products are popular, and copy them. They would never be entrepreneurial and creative, and come up with a Cerebro on their own to market it. But, when they see that a true creator has gone to the time and expense of developing a product and also a market for that product, and their work was successful, these people swoop in and capitalize on the other person's work. Any US-based magician who buys such a knock-off should be ashamed. But, shame is a vanishing concept in these times, I'm afraid.
fogelka
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of fogelka
Anyway... Has anyone purchased this, and field tested it? If so, what's your verdict? The thread seems to have become an Alien vs. Inject discussion. I'd sure like to hear more about the subject of this thread, from those who have experience with it.

Thanks
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
900 Posts

Profile of dyoung
It seems like the obvious step/use of this tech now, but no one had thought of using the same way we did back then (with Cerebro), it had been around before, but not applied in the same way. As with many ideas, once someone has thought of it, it seems like the obvious thing "so everyone would think it"... but they didn't. I do personally believe crediting is important... Not just for my own sake of getting a little bit of crediting, but also for people who look at the history of magic.

With Mariano, I do believe him when he said he had no real knowledge as such of the Cerebro, only vaguely aware of it. And I'm sure it is an independent invention. "I will include your name and give the proper history about this when I demo it." was his reply to me. Also there's sort of two parts to his effect.

For me, it would just be nice to get a little bit of recognition from time to time...

All the best,
Dan
fogelka
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of fogelka
Hi, Dan. It may not have been clear in my previous post, but I'm definitely with you on the importance of crediting. I'll admit that I don't have extensive knowledge of the history behind your development, but - and this is meant in all sincerity - do you know for sure that nobody had already created such a device for personal use in their performances, but kept it to themselves?

Regardless, as I mentioned before, your product was excellent. I sure feel terrible for you regarding the knock-offs. And, yes - getting recognition for what you created and brought to the magic market is well deserved.
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
900 Posts

Profile of dyoung
Of course not, could well have been others before me, but if they kept it to themselves, by definition, there's obviously no way for me to know. Is it? Smile ... but they didn't release it as a product. So far, as commercially released products go, the time line is pretty easy to follow, as long as credit and recognition to what has gone before is provided.

//Dan
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
So, has anybody picked this up yet and can speak on the quality of the actual device?
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
I did.

The device itself is well made. There are things I would have done differently, personally. I haven't used it in the real world yet as I have to re-think how I'm going to do the routine I planned, and I may end up doing a bit of adjustment on the device itself to make it more practical for my specific purposes.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Alien Mind Reading (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL