The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Plants Based Theme Show (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Does anyone know any ideas or props one can use to do a show involving plants or plant ideas magic? This would be part of a medicine man show but using plants. Thanks much!
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3188 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
"Seven Sided Herbal Tea Chest" from The Wizards' Journal # 16; "Flowers That Bloom With a Spring" from The Wizards' Journal # 21 (includes other plants besides flowers); Donald Holmes' 1920 "Tea Chests of Wang Fu" is included in "Blocks and Tube Magic Revisited" in Mini-Mysteries Magic Book 4; Cornucopia, from The Wizards' Journal #6.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1820 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Blooming Bouquet
Botania
Spring Flowers
The Magic in You
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3188 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Don't forget green, gloppy, vegetarian drinks using rice bowls, lota, or other liquid magic devices.
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1811 Posts

Profile of Anatole
Laflin Magic had "Paint My Flower"--but as far as I know, it is no longer available.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/uploa......5652.jpg

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3188 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
You can easily paint your own silks (Dharma Trading Co. shows how) to begin with a white silk handkerchief, make a seedling appear in the center, next the seed has produced leaves and/or vines all around the silk, and finally it flowers or bears painted fruits or vegetables. A Multiple color-changing silk effect as described in "Under the Rainbow" in The Wizards' Journal #36.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thanks very much all!
Randy The Magicman
View Profile
New user
Belleville
3 Posts

Profile of Randy The Magicman
Check out Chris Pilsworth Cactus illusion
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thanks Randy...checking now... Smile
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thanks Mike.....thanks to all...think I got enough now....appreciate and love to all...
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I forgot to mention Richard E. Hughes' Deluxe Flight of flowers. I am presenting it on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyOki078sy8 I start presenting it 60 seconds after the previous routine.
damien666
View Profile
Special user
canada
513 Posts

Profile of damien666
What about a talking plant.. kind of in the same vein as Audrey in little shop of horrors..
I made a talking flower puppet for a movie called ‘Aliens Ate My Homework’ (that was actually voiced by William Shatner 🤪)..
That is something that would need to be custom made.. by someone like myself or another puppet builder.. but there are lots of possibilities with it for a show like you are working on!
ku7uk3
View Profile
Inner circle
1777 Posts

Profile of ku7uk3
Axtell puppets have a plant and tree puppet which are very nice.
Plant: http://www.axtell.com/plant.html
Tree: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbreV7il0WI
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Great info thanks to all. I will no longer need any more suggestions, its all over now. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Plants Based Theme Show (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL