The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » The Revelator website (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cho7
View Profile
New user
France
66 Posts

Profile of cho7
Hi there,

A small & shameless ad for my old revelator website (10 years already !)

I use to have a version of this website as a java applet, but since java applets are almost dead, I took approx. 10 minutes of my life to rebuild it as a small website which run on every pc (not optimized for mobile phone at all), and offer it yo you.

It's ugly, so feel free to download it and rebrand it according to your need if you want (as long as you don't sell it)

The plot: You are doing a magic trick, but suddenly you're stuck. You ask help to your favorite friend : internet. Ask a question to the revelator, such "please tell me what is the card of my spectator ?" and the revelator will tell you the answer. It works with any cards or any words.

The secret: when asking your question to the revelator, you actually type the answer ! To "activate" the secret mode which let you set the answer, press $ or *, then type your word. Press $ or * when you're done. You'll notice that each time you press a character, another character is displayed, and from the spectator point of view you are simply typing a question (it's important to type quickly and efficiently, saying out loud "pl-ea-se- te-ll me", this reinforce the idea that you are simply typing your question).
When you exit the secret mode, finish your question, then press enter or click the "Ask this" button. The result will appear.
If a spectator press the button but the secret answer has never been set, a generic message is shown instead.

In order to be used with cards, there is a special format which can be used : "1c" stands for Ace of Clubs, while "kh" for King of Hearts. "j" stands for "Joker" and 10 or 0 can be used for tens (10h or 0h are both the 10 of Hearts), and 1 or a can be used for Aces (as or 1s are both the Ace of Spades)

Once you know how it works, you may find some interesting usage (I used to use it with a marked deck or a CT), or not, but who cares since it's free anyway ;-) : http://lienardr.free.fr/revelator

No data is stored anywhere, I simply hide/obfuscated the code a little bit, but since it's impossible to hide it totally, it still on plain sight for someone who really knows what he is doing/searching.
I suggest that you hide the browser URL / incognito mode if you are not on your browser.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » The Revelator website (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL