The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Thief of Hearts by R. Paul Wilson (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
New download by R. Paul Wilson.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/9829

Ad copy:

This trick has a STUNNING ending, gets multiple spectators involved, makes the magic happen IN THEIR HANDS and fools EVERYONE.

Thief of Hearts is a master class in card magic. Not because it uses "really hard moves" but because of how expertly and thoughtfully it's choreographed and designed.

Paul Wilson is a professional people-fooler -- as good as they get -- and it really shows in his routining. You'll also learn little touches that he adds that you can apply to all your card magic. Psychological, and physical.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1241 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Got it, love it. It's fun and different, and I'm going to be using it in a job tomorrow night, which says it all (to me, at least).
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Just sent for it .

Waas lucky enough to see Paul lecture at South Tyneside Convention lat month.

Been a fan since first seeing him at Blackpool many years ago.

Mike Donoghue
Race Blakhart
View Profile
Special user
Selma,CA
528 Posts

Profile of Race Blakhart
I'm not a big card guy, but I got this in exchange for my review, and I gotta admit, I REALLY like it. It's going to be great next year on Valentine's Day!
samdan
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of samdan
What is the difficulty level? Thanks.
cho7
View Profile
New user
France
64 Posts

Profile of cho7
Quote:
On Apr 20, 2018, samdan wrote:
What is the difficulty level? Thanks.

Unless the method is not what I am thinking, which is very unlikely, it seems pretty easy.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5748 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Paul Wilson has brilliantly streamlined this effect to put all the focus on the very magical moment. It truly is MAGICAL!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11786 Posts

Profile of John C
Pretty easy.great cool effect. Like cork under coins.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
fireisyummy
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of fireisyummy
The teaching on this trick is fantastic. R. Paul Wilson makes it every clear how to do everything. It's also a very solid trick that laymen will have no chance of busting. Also, this is not the type of trick people are going to want to bust because you've made the magic all about their love. The angles on it are fantastic.

This is not a trick you're going to do at every table, bit this is a trick that when the right opportunity arises for you to perform it you're going to be super glad you own it.

While you can get into this from the deck you're working with that's not taught and intermediate magicians should not expect to be able to do it. Even getting into position in the middle of a set once you find out it's a couple's anniversary is difficult. R. Paul Wilson sort of assumes you'll walk up to the table in position to do this trick, although another option is taught that is fiddly and would require you to switch decks. On Valentine's day I'd totally do that. The rest of the year, I'm not so sure.

Wilson only teaches how to set up on the fly. While I appreciate that I'm not sure it's a the best idea. You still need to be somewhere private to do that. If I'm working in private I'd much rather use an exacto knife or pocket knife to get a cleaner heart.

Bottom line, if it's likely that you'll do walk-around on Valentine's day or if you consider yourself advanced enough to be able to load everything necessary you should buy this trick and you'll love it.
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Got this yesterday & have just watched the explanation.

Excellent to do on Valentines Day,Weddings,Engagements & Aniversaries.

BUT THIS CAN BE DONE ALL YEAR ROUND as there are always couples together.

Love the streamlined handeling & massive sourvenir effect.

One thing I would do is instead of picking the heart cards under the box together, I would pick up the top card & use it as a scoop & slide it under the other card as there will not be a close up pad at the venues I work at.

Please note, what I have just said does not give the method away to anyone who has not bought this( but those who have this know what I mean

Always impressed with anything Paul Wilson releases.

His stuff is always a notch aboveexcellence.

Mike Donoghue
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3689 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Excellent routine. Card trick yes, but the plot is much different than any other card trick I've seen. So it plays like something unique even though it's still a card trick.
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1237 Posts

Profile of Jared
You might want to go back and watch his Extreme Possibilities DVD's from where this effect came from (volume 2). I forgot how great these DVD's were since they were released 11-years ago. There are many excellent "workers" within this series.

Temporary glue would be useful for preparing and storing several of the gaffs together by attaching the torn heart to the hole card with a tiny dab. Another idea might be to attach the torn heart to the back of the card box so that you begin a card set clean and then later ring it in.

The gaffed card with the hole stays inside the card box while you perform several other card effects. When finished you place the cards back inside the box and load it. Then, as an after-thought, you offer to show them one more effect and get right into it. The heart can be easily dislodged from the box during the action of setting the box down on the table.

Anyway, a really nice effect and an excellent set of DVD's.
rekoj
View Profile
New user
ENGLAND
50 Posts

Profile of rekoj
'Thief of Hearts' may also be found in the 32-page booklet called "13"
'Punch Too' another of Paul Wilson's re-releases may be found in that reference booklet.
gillesA4
View Profile
Elite user
Brussels, Belgium
487 Posts

Profile of gillesA4
Trying hard to find a way to allow the "choosen" card to be freely manipulated before the final revelation; all I came up with is a t****e l**t, if somebody knows a routine that could enlight me a bit I'd be more than happy!
Message in a bottle....
Oh, all these coins on the floor, around me...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Thief of Hearts by R. Paul Wilson (10 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL