The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Trying to find an online shop whose name has escaped me... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3972 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I'm trying to re-visit a magic store's website that I last visited 2-3 years ago, and I cannot recall the name of the shop/site.

Here are the best clues I can give:

- I've Google searched using any number of variations, and it doesn't come up...but I remember it being the same when I visited before - it didn't have good search engine qualities. So, it might be gone, but maybe not.

- Has new tricks, but my main interest was the fact that it had tons of older/used tricks. It was definitely NOT a site where all the latest tricks were splashed on the home page. The page design was very basic and simple. I remember lots of categories you could click on. It had all kinds of older effects. Steve Dusheck items from the 80's, and so on.

- I believe it was in the northeast (USA), but that memory is a little vague. I recall there was a physical location, but it either had limited hours or was by appointment.

- I never could visit the site on my desktop (Windows), because for some reason it regarded it as a risky site to visit. No matter how I tried to work around that, no go. I could only visit on my phone or iPad.

I would really like to shop there again, if it is still in business. Anyone have any ideas?
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
GlennLawrence
View Profile
Regular user
Randolph NJ
130 Posts

Profile of GlennLawrence
Could it be Hocus-Pocus.com? That fits a number of the criteria you list.
DelMagic
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of DelMagic
Denny Haney's place? dennymagic.com

Diamond's Magic diamondsmagic.com

TrickSupply.com - not in the east but has older stuff - especially from Japan and Germany
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3972 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
It finally came to me - Winkler's Magic Warehouse.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1036 Posts

Profile of imgic
Wow...glad I was browsing through and saw this. Checked out Winklers and lots of interesting items.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
dirtyrussian
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of dirtyrussian
I stumbled across it looking for an out of production older effect, turns out he had it. A hidden gem on the web for sure.
GlennLawrence
View Profile
Regular user
Randolph NJ
130 Posts

Profile of GlennLawrence
Sounds interesting but none of my computers will let me connect to it as apparently the site is plagued by viruses. I'll steer clear until they get their act together!
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1036 Posts

Profile of imgic
I just check Winkler's URL with 3 security sites that scan for viruses and malware...all came back as no threats detected, low risk
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3972 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I had the same problem - but my Windows desktop wouldn't allow access to the site, but my iPad did. Odd!

Maybe it was that I use Avast for anti-virus on the desktop, and there was a quirk.
GlennLawrence
View Profile
Regular user
Randolph NJ
130 Posts

Profile of GlennLawrence
Aha! That might be it, I also use Avast...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Trying to find an online shop whose name has escaped me... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL