The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » BBM's Play it Straight Triumph - On Steroids by Simon Lovell (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Https://bigblindmedia.com/products/super......n-lovell

THE HYPE

"John Bannon's 'Play It Straight Triumph' is a world class, plot-defining handling of TRIUMPH! Cards are mixed face up and face down and then (with NO monkey business) the entire deck corrects it self except for the suit of the selected card, which appears face up, and IN NUMERICAL ORDER! Total classic - and for good reason.

Well, Simon Lovell took John's trick and super charged it. He added an entire second phase that takes a world class trick... and LAUNCHES IT INTO SPACE! Now you can have TWO selections.. and after the cards 'right' themselves to reveal the suit of the first spectator's selection (with just the diamonds face up - minus the selected card), you can click your fingers and ask which diamond your second spectator picked...

When they tell you they DIDN'T pick a diamond, it was a SPADE, you just smile, close the deck up and re-spread to SHOW ALL THE SPADES FACE UP IN NUMERICAL ORDER!

Lovell's version is STILL 100% SELF WORKING. Yep, NO MOVES!!! This is super, super easy to do and is a rockstar level effect.

Comes with the special Bicycle Deck that does all the hard lifting for you."

My personal opinion is - the Bannon routine is as good as it gets already. I like Simon Lovell and think he is very creative. I also like what he did here in giving the effect a "1 - 2 punch" at the end instead of the regular "magician in trouble" ending when you realize that you "forgot to have their card returned" (yet find it's suit in order as the only face up cards in a face down deck). With this "special deck" you can now "spread the deck again" and find the second spec's card suit face up. It looks good in the trailer although I think a lot of us won't be willing to carry an extra deck for this effect only. Nice idea though which I am sure will play very well to laymen. (You could probably fool some magicians along the way too) Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
rekoj
View Profile
New user
ENGLAND
50 Posts

Profile of rekoj
Asi Wind has a version called "Triumph and Triumph Again" and is similar to Simon Lovell's effect.
Asi's uses an ordinary deck. Does Simon Lovell's use a special deck ?
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, California
888 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Yes, the BBM effect uses a special deck. From the print ad "INCLUDES SPECIAL BICYCLE DECK!"

If I am not mistaken, the trailer has several Tell-tales (including a short "flash") that indicate that. I won't spoil it and say what are the tell-tales... I leave that to viewers !

I think I want to get this as there are a couple of sections that have me baffled, though I have a glimmer of what is being done.

But before I buy it, I'll research other approaches and versions!
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I wonder if this can be done in the hands? Does it require 4 piles? Hmmm
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Pegasus. I don't think you need 4 piles and that it can be done in the hands.

I lost my prior response but that is just as well -- as I watched the trailer again -- and I think the trick is a lot easier than my first theory. Something in the re watch tipped it off and destroyed my first theory. And the special deck is not as complicated as my first blush thought. But if I watch again maybe I'll come to a different conclusion. In the mean time I'll experiment !
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I actually think the four piles is a must. However, you ”might” get away with using 3 piles but 4 will look better. I'm also fairly sure you will need some table space. Totally in the hands would not look near as good.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2018, Poof-Daddy wrote:
I actually think the four piles is a must. However, you ”might” get away with using 3 piles but 4 will look better. I'm also fairly sure you will need some table space. Totally in the hands would not look near as good.

I agree completely, the four piles really add a lot to the effect -- it was the 4 piles that first mislead me -- then when I thought about it I had my "doh" moment as to how it works!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » BBM's Play it Straight Triumph - On Steroids by Simon Lovell (2 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL