The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Recube by CHHmagic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Does anyone have this?

I have been thinking about buying a Rubik's cube effect. With Recube, looks like you can do the same routines as the other Rubik's cube effects, and this one is a lot cheaper. Also, easy to walk around with mini cubes.

What do you guys think??

http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/recube-by-......824.html

Ad copy:

Recube is a tool that will help create miracles with Rubik's Cube magic.

Most Rubik's shells suffer from either being too heavy or looking unconvincing -- Recube solves these issues. In order to be thin enough, delicate enough, and to look real enough to be used in close-up magic, we invited the best engineer to design this Recube, and we employed the best factory in the world.

Given that many versions of Rubik's shell have already been put on the market, our paramount task was to create a distinctive product. Therefore, the double shells have been produced.

Included with these delicate shells is online instruction, containing several routines:

1. Two mini cubes exchange
2. Two mini cubes matching
3. Mini cube split
4. Hopping cubes

Package includes:
Two delicate cube shells
Two mini Rubik's Cubes
Extra stickers
Instructional download
If you love the Rubik's Cube, you will love Recube.
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
The "delicate " cube is apparently thicker in single form than the double Cube Henry Harris has made but hasn't released. Henry's Rubiks dream had mini cubes which are thin but solid and very realistic looking
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
rekoj
View Profile
New user
ENGLAND
50 Posts

Profile of rekoj
Why do the cubes look like they're made of sponge in the photo from penguinmagic ?

See here:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S24932

I think I prefer the mini-cube shells produced by Henry Harrius in Rubik's Dream
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Aren't they the same pictures? It's hard to tell from the pictures. I wonder how the quality is for Recube. The video say they are high quality. Hope they really are.

Does Rubik's Dream come with two mini shells?
academy
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of academy
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2018, Magic KL wrote:
Aren't they the same pictures? It's hard to tell from the pictures. I wonder how the quality is for Recube. The video say they are high quality. Hope they really are.

Does Rubik's Dream come with two mini shells?

With Rubik's Dream you have only 1 mini shell but I doubt someone can make something better in quality.
rekoj
View Profile
New user
ENGLAND
50 Posts

Profile of rekoj
I wonder how 'delicate' the mini cube shells are ?
I'm assuming they have to be quite thin such that one shell fits within the other so effectively making two cube pattern changes without any noticeable change in cube size.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Any reviews?
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
This is more like it, portable and relatively cheap. Might have to take the plunge with this. Although, as I recall E has a similar version, even cheaper.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Let’s hope it’s available in the U.K. soon.
kevg
View Profile
Regular user
UK
172 Posts

Profile of kevg
I would recommend seeing this before making a purchase. The shells are thicker than the RD shell and very noticeable when side by side with a normal cube in my opinion.
----------
www.rubikscubemagician.co.uk
----------
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On May 1, 2018, kevg wrote:
I would recommend seeing this before making a purchase. The shells are thicker than the RD shell and very noticeable when side by side with a normal cube in my opinion.

Other than a trip to Penguin it’s not going to happen. It’s a mini cube and the chances of them being side by side to a normal one is remote in the extreme, unless I’ve misinterpreted what you are saying.
kevg
View Profile
Regular user
UK
172 Posts

Profile of kevg
Just to clarify, when I said normal cube I was referring to the mini cube.
----------
----------
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
I bought this mainly to perform a matching cube effect strolling with the mini-cubes but this isn't going to work. The problem is that the difference in shell sizes is obvious because the spacing between the stickers relative to black "space" is too great. If you show both cubes side-by-side the difference is very noticeable up close. From a distance it looks fine but isn't this the point of using the mini cubes?

The solution would have been to include two different sized stickers so that the spacing would look identical as long as you didn't hold them too close to each other.

If you're more interested in some of the other effects then the set isn't bad for the money. Despite what the description said about the shells being delicate they are not. I noticed that one of the other CHH magic effects describes a wallet as "delicate" : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S24933
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Re: delicate, looks a problem n translation
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Just ordered Solved by Adam Wilber as it’s only 20 Bucks.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Quote:
On May 2, 2018, pegasus wrote:

Are they the same thing??
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On May 2, 2018, Magic KL wrote:
Quote:

Recube is a double shell but with that you can see the sizes are very different. I’m just after a single small cube shell which Solved comes with, and very cheap considering.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Recube is a double shell but with that you can see the sizes are very different. I’m just after a single small cube shell which Solved comes with, and very cheap considering.

Thanks, pegasus.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Quote:
On May 1, 2018, Jared wrote:
I bought this mainly to perform a matching cube effect strolling with the mini-cubes but this isn't going to work. The problem is that the difference in shell sizes is obvious because the spacing between the stickers relative to black "space" is too great. If you show both cubes side-by-side the difference is very noticeable up close. From a distance it looks fine but isn't this the point of using the mini cubes?

The solution would have been to include two different sized stickers so that the spacing would look identical as long as you didn't hold them too close to each other.

If you're more interested in some of the other effects then the set isn't bad for the money. Despite what the description said about the shells being delicate they are not. I noticed that one of the other CHH magic effects describes a wallet as "delicate" : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S24933

Thank you for the review, Jared.
kevg
View Profile
Regular user
UK
172 Posts

Profile of kevg
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks, pegasus.

I'd use the term s**ll very loosley. There's a reason why it's only 20 bucks!
----------
----------
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Recube by CHHmagic (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL