The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Spooky in Brooklyn- Abnormalcy (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Gismologic
View Profile
Regular user
171 Posts

Profile of Gismologic
It was a blast seeing Todd Robbins return in Abnormalcy last night.
Expanding & condensing concepts explored in last year’s Darkness Projects, Todd mixes his unique blend of sinister storytelling with both low-tech and high tech effects & hypnotism..
Ran in to Jon Stetson, Steve Gibson & Rich Lavengood (ECSS Alums) as well.

Tonight I’ll be doing walk-around at the Morbid Anatomy Museum Garden Party at historic Greenwood Cemetary.
Who ever said Spring is unfriendly to Spooky? 😈
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
950 Posts

Profile of Perkins
Thanks for the report, Gismologic. Would have loved to be in attendance too.

Your walk around gig tonight sounds brilliant.

Stay Spooky,
Perkins
The Séance Party
http://www.theseanceparty.com
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2426 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
Great news all round, except that I'm not back in NY until next week.
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Great update Gismologic! So wish I was closer to NYC to enjoy these venues. I was spoiled for a few year's stint when our son was interning at NBC and smaller production companies, and I had an excuse to visit and see some local offerings. Now he is in LA and that excuse has changed coasts. Still great opportunities for incredible magic, but Gotham has its peculiar dark attraction.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
I saw the show tonight. Glad I did!

I had never had the pleasure of seeing Mr. Robbins perform before. It was a wonderful show! I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I sat enthralled from start to finish.

And, as a bonus, it was nice seeing Eddie Garland again. Smile
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Thanks for the nice comments. I like the way it all turned out, though I couldn't do a lovely piece that involves weaponry because of CUNY policies. I will be doing a run in the Peller Theatre at the Magic Castle in October. I will be doing 40 mins of this show, including that forbidden piece. I'm not sure what else I will be doing with this new material. There's much more to learn about it by doing it again somewhere. I might be fun to take it out of a formal theater setting and do it somewhere site specific. We'll see. It's much more of an act than a show like Play Dead, so I might want to expand it greatly and find the real narrative arc of the show so that it becomes something more. We'll see.

Thanks again.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
I will be doing a shortened version of this show in the Peller Theatre at the Magic Castle in October.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Spooky in Brooklyn- Abnormalcy (8 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL