We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Up the Ante by Paul Carnazzo (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1135 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Quote:
On Apr 29, 2018, Last Laugh wrote:
Is this at all related to Red Devil's C.A.K.E /T.I.T.E principle?

Sorry for the late reply, but it is not related to Red Devil’s principle.

It uses a principle that was published in 1933 (it’s probably even older than that).

Thanks for the interest!
remember....always use your powers for good!

http://www.mentalvoyage.com
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2048 Posts

Profile of aligator
Having now received this, I thought some words about it might be a good idea considering not much has been written on it and it is an effect worth regarding. It is based upon an old but not well known mathematical principle and is not a wallet effect though it still packs small. 3 well made poker chips(red, blue, green) are supplied and 18 cards of your own must be used as well.

Basically, each of 3 different specs chooses a poker chip and a number of cards and hides them from view in a pocket or whatever. When the mentalist turns round, he soon knows who has what as he takes the remaining acrds and returns them to a box or elastic band. As there are 6 things to reveal, you can milk this for all it is worth and maybe even do brief readings on the colour of the chips or number of cards. Like Depiction, the formula is quite complicated and will not be in any way obvious to the spec who will likely remain in the dark indefinitely. The performer is only able to simplify it by the use of a code hidden in plain sight on the back of the instruction card that is introduced at the beginning.

You can also involve other specs if you wish by having one read the instructions or give out the cards if not using a table. Up the Ante can be performed as close up at a table or stand up in a parlour. At least 3 participants are required.

I think that this is a good effect but not a great one like Depiction. I will not say that it is going straight into my show (an overused line to be sure) but I do believe it will get some use as it is fun to do in the right situation.
westo
View Profile
Special user
Portugal
531 Posts

Profile of westo
I have noticed the effect can be done using other premises...
ie...no playing cards or poker chips. So it becomes adaptable.
Which I like..
Creator of 'The Famous Westo Peek'..'The Westo Dump' and the 'Westolope'
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Up the Ante by Paul Carnazzo (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL