The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The BOG (30 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1433 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Got my shipping notice ( Vic's awesomely super fast shipping when ready ), will be great coming back from a mini vacation fri eve & having this waiting for me !
BizarreRich
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of BizarreRich
Like many others I missed out on the first batch of these but I've put my pre order in and can't wait for it to arrive. It both looks and sounds great and it's encouraged me to create a myth/cryptozoology routine. Now I've just got to sort out some good vampire and other monster related effects.
steven-gibson
View Profile
Special user
Eastcoastspiritsessions.com
870 Posts

Profile of steven-gibson
BOG arrived and it rocks! Love the size, weight, and feel. Everything is designed in the size that you could use for a sizable crowd. Often effects like this come with a smallish bag and it's difficult for people to reach in and select the item. This bag is a nice size and the musket balls are perfect about the size of a regular marble. Very easy with the standard method to find who took the silver shot. ;-). The box is exceptional and the museum card is also really cool because it explains the backstory perfectly. Really pleased great purchase. Thanks Vic and Tim!
papalazarou
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of papalazarou
Very excited to receive this. It will be the perfect seamless addition to my lycanthrope collection:
steven-gibson
View Profile
Special user
Eastcoastspiritsessions.com
870 Posts

Profile of steven-gibson
Ohhh, what else is in the lycanthrope collection?
papalazarou
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of papalazarou
I tried to post a photo! But it wouldn't work. I will try again Steven ....
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
843 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Quote:
On May 8, 2018, steven-gibson wrote:
Just read the BOG manual, what a fantastic backstory. This thing is going to be a lot of fun to perform. Can't wait for it to arrive!

Got mine yesterday! What a beautifully crafted set of props, the aged and enhanced lining/map of the Tim W box, artful cloth bag, museum card and musket shots....excellent! Gonna work up a personalized script of sorts and soon will make up my DIY optional method (thanks to V£rn£t and some tiny πeoπyd1√m m@*π€ts)!
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
papalazarou
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of papalazarou
Some of my lycanthrope paraphernalia. The Bog will fit right in.

Click here to view attached image.
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
843 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
I just bought a wolf's tooth on a chain necklace to consider using for a "pendulum reveal" by holding over the hands of the specs with a "special reaction" at the fist holding the"silver" musket ball!
Smile
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
BizarreRich
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of BizarreRich
The wolf's tooth pendulum idea is great DocBenWiz and that's an incredible collection of lycanthrope paraphenalia papalazarou. I'm waiting for the 3rd batch to be completed and mailed out but while I'm waiting I was wondering if anyone had any favourite werewolf or vampire effects that may go well with The Bog?
dorian_faust
View Profile
Loyal user
San Jose, California
223 Posts

Profile of dorian_faust
Quote:
On May 14, 2018, BizarreRich wrote:
The wolf's tooth pendulum idea is great DocBenWiz and that's an incredible collection of lycanthrope paraphenalia papalazarou. I'm waiting for the 3rd batch to be completed and mailed out but while I'm waiting I was wondering if anyone had any favourite werewolf or vampire effects that may go well with The Bog?

There is a fun werewolf effect in Brain Food by David Parr. The Curator has also created his own fair share of vampire effects. One is in Hauntiques, and he has discussed a number of others over the years on the Café.
ManxBull
View Profile
New user
Isle of Man
86 Posts

Profile of ManxBull
Two werewolf themed effects which are sadly no longer available at the moment:

Prof BC's 'Lycanthrope's Moon', which was sold through Lebanon Circle.

The 'Devil's Deck' which was sold by Black Hart was a great story-telling deck and contained some werewolf themed cards which could be manipulated for various effects, adapting standard card magic methods to suit.

For a vampire effect which IS still available from Black Hart, his 'Draculea' is a great little piece which always gets a good response.
Bogbadger
View Profile
Elite user
England
423 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
I have a Devils Deck available if anyone is interested. Just PM me.
The average man is not hard to mystify. - Howard Thurston
solidoak
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of solidoak
I just got my "Bog" and everyone is right! It is well worth the short wait. Vic was also very helpful with getting a little extra instruction to me. I'll have a lot of fun with this thing!
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2651 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
magic259
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of magic259
The "BOG" is a great effect that ticks all the boxes (convincing story line and quality props) and Vic's service / after sales service is absolutely excellent.

I also received an updated performance manual and a new set of Museum Cards (there was a small error on the original) all without question.
Bogbadger
View Profile
Elite user
England
423 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
I’ve started a post Inside The Crypt for BOG owners to discuss this brilliant effect in more detail and share notes.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=221
Bogbadger
View Profile
Elite user
England
423 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
For anyone who missed out last time Vic has just announced that The BOG is back in stock

https://www.geminiartifacts.com/products......c238c92d
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
934 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
Thanks for the plug!

Only a few copies left.
Bogbadger
View Profile
Elite user
England
423 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
No problem Vic, I took mine out for a spin last night - wonderful!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The BOG (30 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL