The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Replicate by Chris Rawlins (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Not sure what that means: "...it uses NO expensive gimmicks. In fact, it barely use a gimmick at all..."

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/9755

Ad copy:

"This is my every-day drawing duplication, which is my absolutely favorite premise in mentalism. Once you learn the secret, you'll never want to leave house without it." -Chris Rawlins

Drawing duplication is a staple in mentalism acts around the world. It's powerful, easy to describe to audiences, and doesn't require much talking. And because of all that, there have been many expensive devices invented to help you duplicate drawings.

REPLICATE is a game-changer.

REPLICATE is Chris Rawlins's signature mind-reading effect, and it uses NO expensive gimmicks. In fact, it barely use a gimmick at all. And today he's teaching it for the first time.

REPLICATE lets you use ordinary ungimmicked props, and teaches you a bullet-proof routine you'll be performing for the rest of your life.

REPLICATE uses ordinary pens, envelopes and paper, so anywhere you go, you're ready to create an unforgettable mind-reading experience.

REPLICATE is a detailed instructional video that teaches you how to achieve professional results from the creator who has performed it hundreds of times.

REPLICATE

REPLICATE

REPLICATE

REPLICATE

REPLICATE

REPLICATE

REPLICATE

REPLICATE
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
784 Posts

Profile of dduane
I guess it uses an inexpensive gimmick? The demo doesn't show much, one can't tell if the peek is detectable or not. It looks like the spectator puts the drawing into the first envelope, and the magician puts that into the second. One could peek at that point. The important thing is that it should not look suspicious. I'd have to wait for reviews.

Dennis

I have a pet favorite that I have come up with that uses business cards. PM me if you would like to know it.
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Is Replcate in his Alakazam Lecture

As I may just wait for that to go on sale

I'm a little warry of the pengiun releases as the One Card poker one was suggested to be a very long [and needlessly long] explaination

I enjoyed his Pengiun Lecture - so may just wait for the Chris Rawlins – Revealing Mentalism to go on sale

Anyone see the Lecture [Alakazam] and if it replicated replicate [?]
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of DeeChristopherMagic
I can't comment on the content of Chris' Alakazam lecture as I haven't seen it, but I'm sure he'll drop in to comment shortly! Even if it was included, I imagine that it's very unlikely that you would get all the information that's in this single release anyway.

The tutorial for Replicate is about 40 mins long, so it is shorter than OCP and it not only includes Chris' original method (this is the first time it's been published, he purposefully kept it out of his Drawing Thoughts book), it also includes some amazing extra ideas from Luke Jermay and Marco Fida. If you put Chris, Luke and Marco's ideas all together in the one routine, it ends up even more impenetrable than it already was. It is jam-packed with brilliant subtleties and tips, alongside the relevant crediting.

It is extremely fair, solid, workable and it's very easy to do. You get a full peek of the entire billet and everything is examinable, the handling is perfectly justified at every step and the core concept is a very fooling one.

The 'no expensive gimmicks' line was simply to suggest that you need not buy any expensive special materials after purchase - the props you will need are very easy to come by in any stationary store and if you're into mentalism, you're very likely to already have what you require to perform the routine.

Hope that helps!
The EPIC 5 hour billet masterclass is now LIVE!
http://the1914.com
Overdraft | Orphic | Shadow | Eclipse | The Art Of Stagecraft & Many more exclusive magic & mentalism products.
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
I think the Alakazam lecture [day 1 on duplication] was over 3 hours

So it could easily have more than 40 minutes on this

Also Luke Jermay was in the Alakazam lecture too [not sure if Marco was]

Not saying it isn't covered better in this release - but a lot of the points you made as to why the Pengiun release is superior - may not be true.

Though of course - replicate may not even be in his Alakazam lecture at all
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
If this is just a k*** envelope I'm gonna go on the rampage!

Only half kidding...
I've asked to be banned
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1566 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
The use of two envelopes is reminiscent of Bob Cassidy’s White Dwarf routines (a method that evolved over the years). Curious how this is similar/different.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Method is different, and thankfully is neither the white dwarf or khan methods...
I've asked to be banned
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
This is the same core method as the bonus effect on Docc Hilford's Boudoir Readings download. Replicate has a little more choreography and uses 2 envelopes instead of 1, but same idea. Even if you aren't familiar with Docc's idea, if you've been around mentalism for a while, you probably have come up with something similar. It uses a move that most of you will know, just applied to slightly different objects.

Having said all that, it's a pretty good method an Chris' choreography has a bit more going for it than the basic method taught by Docc.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Oscar999
View Profile
Elite user
401 Posts

Profile of Oscar999
I picked this up today - and just watched the instructional video.

When I initially saw two envelopes I thought White Dwarf too... but the Ad copy claims had me intrigued and Dee Christopher's explanation/endorsement was helpful as well.

And I am so glad I picked this up. I don't think anybody will be dissatisfied with this purchase (well, there's ALWAYS one...). Very well constructed routine, and nice use of subtlety and as LL said, "choreography." Very well done. Like it a lot!

Can't wait to put some work into this... and the extra touches he shared from Luke and Marco are excellent.

Oscar
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
But is it improptu? just a pen some paper and 2 standard envelopes? or something extra to carry with you?
leosx1
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of leosx1
All impromptu and what a great and deceptive handling this is ! thank you Chris !
corindaman
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of corindaman
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2018, The Duster wrote:
I think the Alakazam lecture [day 1 on duplication] was over 3 hours

So it could easily have more than 40 minutes on this

Also Luke Jermay was in the Alakazam lecture too [not sure if Marco was]

Not saying it isn't covered better in this release - but a lot of the points you made as to why the Pengiun release is superior - may not be true.

Though of course - replicate may not even be in his Alakazam lecture at all

I am certain this isn't in the course.
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Quote:
On May 1, 2018, leosx1 wrote:
All impromptu and what a great and deceptive handling this is ! thank you Chris !

this is very interesting Smile
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Special user
North West, England.
533 Posts

Profile of Christopher_Rawlins
Hey Guys,

Really excited to share REPLICATE with you all through Penguin Magic.

What it allows - you to see everything on the paper or card that a spectator draws or writes.

What it uses - ungimmicked, normal, stationary.

Who can do it? - everyone, it's soooo easy.

I swear you will use this.

Enjoy.

Christopher
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
I wonder if this is anything like prager's paper in envelope thing.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
I like this. A lot. Very clever handling / routining that disguises the method so well...with simple, easy to do moves. Very simple, very easy to do.

Nicely done, Chris!
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of DeeChristopherMagic
Quote:
On May 2, 2018, John C wrote:
I wonder if this is anything like prager's paper in envelope thing.

Hey John,

I spoke to José today (assuming that’s the Prager of which you speak!) and he confirmed that it’s nothing like anything he has published.

He also added that he loved the method! Smile

Hope that helps!
DC
The EPIC 5 hour billet masterclass is now LIVE!
http://the1914.com
Overdraft | Orphic | Shadow | Eclipse | The Art Of Stagecraft & Many more exclusive magic & mentalism products.
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Thanks Dee, it is very kind of you to offer such a nice affirmation of this effect from a fellow mentalist.
Just a few weeks ago, Chris Rawlins was in Charleston, SC, kicking off his 2018 US tour. Chris is a great guy, and we
went out with him after his lecture. So thanks for your input Dee, it is very helpful to get your
approval of this great effect, for the many interested miracle workers out here. hehe.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
This is absolutely worth picking up imo
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Replicate by Chris Rawlins (18 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL