The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ The workshop Ľ Ľ Affordable Card Trimmer (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
BrianMel
View Profile
New user
Chicago
89 Posts

Profile of BrianMel
Are there any affordable card trimmers on the market that will do everything from short cards to belly strippers to short and narrow? I canít drop $500 or $3500 I just want to experiment. I was hoping to stay around $100 or less. I know they had a Line-Lo; but, it seems like thatís not manufactured anymore. I would like to use a cutter with a template so I know every cut is perfect. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian.
Please subscribe to my YouTube channel if you like my videos!

email: inventivemagic@gmail.com
YT: www.youtube.com/InventiveMagic
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/inventivemagic
Facebook: www.facebook.com/BrianAMelchiorre
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4822 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Http://www.jamesriser.com/Magic/CardTrim......ser.html

I made one a few years back for about $20 (with 60% off any one item coupons, and a few trips to JoAnn Fabrics). It has served me very well.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Jacobcapper
View Profile
New user
Melbourne, Australia
11 Posts

Profile of Jacobcapper
I've made Riser's Inexpensive Card Trimmer as well, works great for the ~$30 Aud it cost.
msillusions
View Profile
New user
Ft. Worth
60 Posts

Profile of msillusions
Brian O'neal in Dallas/Fort Worth area makes a great, and cost effective Card Trimmer.
BrianMel
View Profile
New user
Chicago
89 Posts

Profile of BrianMel
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2018, msillusions wrote:
Brian O'neal in Dallas/Fort Worth area makes a great, and cost effective Card Trimmer.

How can I get in touch with Brian?

randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1612 Posts

Profile of randirain
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2018, BrianMel wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2018, msillusions wrote:

How can I get in touch with Brian?

Through me... He's a very close friend.

I can tell you that he does still have some of the old cutters in storage, but getting him to go get them out is going to cost some money.
He's also working on a new version right now, believe it or not. This one involves the round draw blades instead of the chopper style.
He's almost done with it, but he's not going to release it until it's right. Which I have no idea when that is.

Randi
mr_misdirection
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of mr_misdirection
I also made my own card trimmer with a hobby shop trimmer which replacable blades (£8) a steel rule (50p) 4 N52 magnets (£2.80) a metal angle (30p) and a corner round cutter (£5).

So for £16.60 I make my own decks as I have found that unless I pay a decent price a lot of gaffed decks have poor finishes to the corners or are not genuine Bicycle decks.
Given that I can get Bicycle decks for just over £1 it has made total economical sense.
Cleverpaws
View Profile
Regular user
Northern California
145 Posts

Profile of Cleverpaws
Randirain- what type of card trimmer does Brian have and what do you think the cost will be?
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1612 Posts

Profile of randirain
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2018, Cleverpaws wrote:
Randirain- what type of card trimmer does Brian have and what do you think the cost will be?

I asked, he said "He does have some old ones, and they are $125, and the new ones will be out by August."

His old ones are like the guillotine paper cutters.

Randi
BrianMel
View Profile
New user
Chicago
89 Posts

Profile of BrianMel
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2018, randirain wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2018, Cleverpaws wrote:

I asked, he said "He does have some old ones, and they are $125, and the new ones will be out by August."

His old ones are like the guillotine paper cutters.

Randi

Does he have a price on his new one and the types of cuts it can make?

randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1612 Posts

Profile of randirain
Quote:
Does he have a price on his new one and the types of cuts it can make?

No on the price... But it does the same as his old one... Strippers, edge strippers, short cards, and belly cards. That's all I know of.

Randi
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1612 Posts

Profile of randirain
I saw the finished product of Brian's new card trimmer. It's really nice. Here are some highlights...
It can do normal or super fine. In other words, you can make a standard stripper deck, or you can make one that is super fine.
It only uses one template for all the different cuts it can do. The different cuts it can do is, stripper, end stripper, belly, end belly, narrow, short, all can be done both regular and super fine. You can get replacement blades at the craft store. It's made from PVC, except for the cutter shuttle, it's polished aluminum.
He's about ready to put it out...

What price do you think they should go for?

Randi
BrianMel
View Profile
New user
Chicago
89 Posts

Profile of BrianMel
Quote:
On Jun 27, 2018, randirain wrote:
I saw the finished product of Brian's new card trimmer. It's really nice. Here are some highlights...
It can do normal or super fine. In other words, you can make a standard stripper deck, or you can make one that is super fine.
It only uses one template for all the different cuts it can do. The different cuts it can do is, stripper, end stripper, belly, end belly, narrow, short, all can be done both regular and super fine. You can get replacement blades at the craft store. It's made from PVC, except for the cutter shuttle, it's polished aluminum.

Randi

I am very intrigued and interested!! I donít make many decks so I canít drop too much money on this. But I really want one of these!

randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1612 Posts

Profile of randirain
Quote:
On Jun 27, 2018, BrianMel wrote:
Quote:

Randi

I am very intrigued and interested!! I donít make many decks so I canít drop too much money on this. But I really want one of these!

What kind of price do you think is fair?
That's what holding him back, he's trying to find a price where he can make money, but it's not be too expensive.

Randi
BrianMel
View Profile
New user
Chicago
89 Posts

Profile of BrianMel
Quote:
Quote:
On Jun 27, 2018, BrianMel wrote:
Quote:

Randi

What kind of price do you think is fair?
That's what holding him back, he's trying to find a price where he can make money, but it's not be too expensive.

Randi

I couldnít even tell you as I donít know the cost of materials or time involved in making one of these. If you care to share this information then I can tell you what a fair rate would be. For me, $100 would be the most I would want to pay as I am not a professional or perform gigs on a regular basis. I am a creator and this like to experiment with new ideas.

randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1612 Posts

Profile of randirain
That's okay... $100 is an answer.

Randi
trickster41uk
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of trickster41uk
Im also intrigued by this trimmner. Are there any photos of his product. Im in the uk so would he send across the pond. Also a price

Regards.
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1096 Posts

Profile of imgic
Check out Lybrary.com. Itís not just for downloads. I bought a corner rounder for $15 from them. It has several sizes. One Matches poker decks corners for making short cards/ Svengalis. Another larger letís you make corner short card, or trim jumbo decks.

https://www.lybrary.com/corner-rounder-1......406.html

I use it with a rotary cutter my wife has.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
BrianMel
View Profile
New user
Chicago
89 Posts

Profile of BrianMel
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2018, imgic wrote:
Check out Lybrary.com. Itís not just for downloads. I bought a corner rounder for $15 from them. It has several sizes. One Matches poker decks corners for making short cards/ Svengalis. Another larger letís you make corner short card, or trim jumbo decks.

https://www.lybrary.com/corner-rounder-1......406.html

I use it with a rotary cutter my wife has.

You can buy this on amazon for cheaper. I have 2 of them. In fact, thatís probably what these people did and slapped an upcharge on them.

I think what we were more looking for a card trimmer for making short cards, belly cards, stripper, etc.

Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1110 Posts

Profile of Chris
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2018, BrianMel wrote:
In fact, thatís probably what these people did and slapped an upcharge on them.

That is not what we do. We source these directly from the manufacturer from Japan. The price is a result of our cost sourcing these from Japan. As every of our products, it also comes with our personal support and service.
Lybrary.com preserving magic one book at a time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ The workshop Ľ Ľ Affordable Card Trimmer (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL