The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » My Newest Tenyo-like Treasure (32 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
After many years of wanting one finally made the decision last weekend to purchase Mark Teufel's Zig Zag coin. This is a beautiful piece meticulously hand crafted and works flawlessly. It is not cheap but a unique piece I am very happy to display and perform!

Simon Layland
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Simon Layland
I also bought one last month from Andy Greget who sells them for Mark Teufel, its one of the expensive things you buy but when you see it and use it you understand the quality is worth every cent.
meridianfan
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of meridianfan
Is this similar to Tenyo's zig zag cig, but made of metal?
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
Whoa! That's a sweet looking prop Lads. Huge congrats gentlemen. I'm reading & hearing 'Masterpiece' in regards to this one.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
You are right it is a Beautiful prop! Meridianfan the effect is the same as Zig Zag cigarette but it is worlds apart in construction and performance. I also own the Elite version but it does not compare to the workmanship in this.

The thinness and scale of the prop adds to the deceptiveness. It also has the feature of putting a mark on the center piece of the coin before restoring it. Using a coun lends itself to a number of fun patter themes. I also love when the center section is pulled out it is "locked" in the compartment. You undo the door and dump it out... looks impossible Smile
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Found this cool metal attache case to carry and store this treasure... almost like it was made for it Smile

Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
That's some Bond! James Bond action John. You've been on a 'Good find' roll lately. Well done.
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
How's this been playing for you guys?
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Hi Inert... Happy New Year!

The item is a favorite for sure and I show it whenever I have a chance. I have come up with a new case for the prop and confiscated the mini briefcase for new little favorite item Brass Coin Casket...

Magical Moments
View Profile
Veteran user
341 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
Is that Zig Zag Coin still available? If it is, what is the cost and where can one be purchased? Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer!
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
Happy New Beer John!!! Hopefully 2019 rocks.

Zig Zag Coin must play large if it's amongst your favs. Very happy to see the addiction is alive & well with your latest acquisition Brass Coin Casket. Can you give a wee write-up on it?
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
The Brass Coin Casket is a nice remake of previous models released by Abbott's, Ken Brooke and possibly others. This version is made by Air Ship Magic, there is a long thread on it in Latest and Greatest. Essentially you can tell if a half dollar is heads or tails when it is inside the brass casket. I worked out a three phase routine where the coin is determined in the brass box... then the box is placed in the plastic box so you cannot touch and still determine the orientation... then the casket is placed in the plastic box then the plastic box is placed in the briefcase so you cannot touch or see anything and you still determine the orientation of the coin. My best value purchase of 2018!

Cheers!

John
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2019, Magical Moments wrote:
Is that Zig Zag Coin still available? If it is, what is the cost and where can one be purchased? Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer!

Only available direct from Mark Tuefel who makes them or Andy Greget who displays at some conventions but unfortunately does not have a web presence. Retails for around $500. Not cheap but when you handle one will understand the amount of hand work involved in making one.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I know many fans of Tenyo are also Magiro fans. Below are some tweaks I made to my Magiro Wand and Block Mystery. I was not a fan of the plain plastic screen with black electrical tape hinges on the original Smile. Also removed the sponge feet. I added the magnetically attached hand and point it down prior to the penetration to accentuate the effect.

meridianfan
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of meridianfan
Looks really nice John!!
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Thanks!
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
Hey John. Good weekend? Well, you faked me out yet again. I would have guessed Carl Brema, Johnson or Viking on the Coin Casket. Thanks for the heads-up on Airship Magic. Just 1 more question...any chance the effect will work with Canadian coinage?

Outstanding job on Magiro. A true enhancement.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Only works with U.S. half's. He is thinking of trying a quarter version and seeing if that will work with Canadian quarters. For the price though it is a great piece.
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
Duly noted. Thank you Sir.
troy thornton
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of troy thornton
Very nice and Wow very spendy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » My Newest Tenyo-like Treasure (32 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL