The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » DJ Control by Luis Carreon and Carmen D'Amico (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
Sure enough it was located on page 51 in Card Control by Arthur H. Buckley. Very interesting technique and the explanation takes less than 1/2 a page to detail. Most of us should probably spend more time reading books that we already own and less time shopping online.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Yes, but how many of us would have skipped right over Card Control or almost certainly barely glanced at page 51 if it weren’t for this Penguin DL bringing it to our attention?
So you can’t say these DL's serve no purpose.
acortest
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of acortest
Videoman is correct. I've had my copy of Card Control on the shelf since the mid-90's and haven't cracked it open in probably 15-20 years. Thanks, Penguin & Luis!
Matthew Crabtree
View Profile
Special user
611 Posts

Profile of Matthew Crabtree
Quote:
On May 11, 2018, acortest wrote:
Videoman is correct. I've had my copy of Card Control on the shelf since the mid-90's and haven't cracked it open in probably 15-20 years. Thanks, Penguin & Luis!

I think it is because some magicians have forgotten how to study and and take in material. I was taught when picking up a new book on magic, to read all of the descriptions of the effects and take notes. Then go back every once in a while and pick the books up again and just go through them. All to often we have getting download for a single effect that cost more than the book they were from when all someone had to do was just go over the books they already own every once in a while.

I have lunch with a group of older magicians and they enjoy the fact they can ask about something they had seen or read about and I know what book or magazine it is from because of my notes and refreshers I do. It has also saved me a ton of money over the last few years of instant downloads.
National First Vice President
The Society of American Magicians
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
Quote:
On May 11, 2018, videoman wrote:
Yes, but how many of us would have skipped right over Card Control or almost certainly barely glanced at page 51 if it weren’t for this Penguin DL bringing it to our attention?
So you can’t say these DL's serve no purpose.

Indeed, you have a valid point. The main issue with some of these classic books is not being able to visualize how the sleight looks and also choosing a suitable application for it. That’s what you are paying for with many of these downloads.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On May 9, 2018, Cardguy52 wrote:
Page 51

Page 54 in the download version.
acortest
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of acortest
Although uncredited, what appears to be the D'Amico Control is also described as "Method of Edge Marking" in the effect "Two To Divine" in Cy Endfield's 'Entertaining Card Magic' on pages 13 & 14
Cardguy52
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Cardguy52
Yes! That's the other place I remember reading it other than the Karl Fulves reference I cited above.

Now I'm going to pull that book off my shelf and give it a re-read.

Thanks!
Maxyedid
View Profile
Special user
Panama
843 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
Quote:
On May 10, 2018, Richard Busch wrote:
I think it stands for "Don't Ja know?"

Richard Busch? I’ve been wondering for years where were you. In fact I was recently thinking if you were still alive 😀 (and sorry by the way. May you live a very long fulfilling life)
NEW BOOK! "Semi-Automatic Miracles" - INSTANT Best-Seller at Lybrary.com
https://www.lybrary.com/semiautomatic-card-miracles-p-925333.html
chaos handlings, out of hands effects, and more
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Yes, Luis and Carmen, Thank You for these obscure techniques brought to video!
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » DJ Control by Luis Carreon and Carmen D'Amico (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL