The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Anniversary Waltz help please (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Hi guys I love this effect and plot and I have developed my own variation which I am really happy with . The only bit I don't like and wondered where I can source options is the ending , I end up doing the monte move with the DF and the dbacker but I don't like ditching the db on top of the deck and then still pretending I am holding 2 cards although it makes sense as these cards would really be back to back at this point so after the ditch everything at least appears fair . I wondered though if anyone could help in some better justified ways of getting rid of the db even it's by simply putting both cards in their hands and then removing the db but I need some patter to justify this etc or another method on this ditch . Any help on here or via a pm would be greatly appreciated . Best wishes and magic to all Tarik 🙂
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Just as you start instructing the participants on how to hold their hands to receive the "cards", place the deck down on the table. As you instruct them on how to hold their hands, use your off hand to turn/hold/position a hand whilst you casually lean in slightly so as to drop your card holding hand down to the table for just a natural brief moment...boom

Just spit-balling after rewatching Docs routine a couple of times.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Thanks for your help Kaliix that’s most helpful I will watch Docs dvd a few more times over the weekend . Very best wishes Tarik 🙂
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
You can see Doc Eason and Garrett Thomas's routines fully explained and taught for free (they gave away the "routines" to sell some clever cards they made just for the effect but the download is free) http://www.kozmomagic.com/artist/doc-eason/

As for using DB and DF together, Joshua Jay has a really good version using a "Cheek to Cheek" deck that I really like called "Waltzing Cheek to Cheek"
https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-......o-cheek/ It is also on Josh's "P&P: Premise and Presentation" if you happen to already have it http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/1893 (I say that because I bought the download and later realized I already had "P&P" but no great loss. Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Thank you Poof Daddy I will check them ideas out it’s much appreciated Tarik 🙂
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Quote:
On May 11, 2018, Poof-Daddy wrote:
As for using DB and DF together, Joshua Jay has a really good version using a "Cheek to Cheek" deck that I really like called "Waltzing Cheek to Cheek"

I'd echo the recommendation for Waltzing Cheek to Cheek. Although it requires supplying your own gaffs, the addition of a Triumph element is very natural, and it also resets well.

See my review elsewhere on The Magic Café to learn more about it:

Review: Waltzing Cheek to Cheek (Joshua Jay) - A practical and powerful card fusion effect
http://themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=656135

davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Mathew Dowden has a DVD set entitled Party Animal (excellent by the way) where he performs the effect
with his own twist to a live audience in a bar setting. Just another reference for you.
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Thank you guys all so much you have been tremendously helpful Tarik 🙂
Yowie_
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Yowie_
I love the way Kostya Kimlat performs and ends the anniversary waltz. You can learn it from his Trans-Atlantic Lecture DVD. His ending only works when it is the last effect of a walk-around / table-hopping routine. Briefly, he does not do the final reveal himself but just says thank you and walks away. Beautiful. Excellent lecture/DVD.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Excellent thank you Yowie- I will look Kostya,s version up , best wishes Tarik 🙂
aheller5
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of aheller5
Hi guys I am wondering if anyone here has a good poem to use in conjunction with anniversary waltz for a bride and groom? TY my brotther is getting married and would like to perform this for him.

TY

adam
Ray J
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1503 Posts

Profile of Ray J
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2021, aheller5 wrote:
Hi guys I am wondering if anyone here has a good poem to use in conjunction with anniversary waltz for a bride and groom? TY my brotther is getting married and would like to perform this for him.

TY

adam

I would think that it would be difficult to weave a poem throughout the entire presentation. Perhaps associated with the reveal. My initial thought would be to say something like "Please keep this card as a symbol of your marriage and may it remind you that you are forever connected. No one or no thing can tear you apart."

At that point you could actually tear the card in half and present each person with on half. This is reminiscent of the Mizpah coins that used to be popular.
It's never crowded on the extra mile....
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3691 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
"This is what it looks like when two become one--they always have each other's backs."
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Lovely line Pop Haydn, If getting rid of the double backer is what you were asking then the 'Card to any wallet' by Jeff Kaylor is one way to go.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
That's a great line Pop, very nice!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Anniversary Waltz help please (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL