The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Logical Reason For Sponge Balls (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1406 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I'm not sure why you think I'm being defensive. I am simply advocating for my position in the same way you are advocating for yours. You were surprised and said that a six phase anything for you is a lot and would be far too much. I believe otherwise and said so. To me, you seem very entrenched in your position, you know being so surprised and all that someone could make a six phase sponge ball routine work when you apparently cannot.

But hey, no judgement, different strokes and all...

Quote:
On Jun 11, 2018, Dannydoyle wrote:
Again you are pretty defensive and I'm not sure why. I have in no way said it was wrong.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19631 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I'm not advocating for anything.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1399 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
I do a 12 phase sponge dong routine. It kills.
Robertology
View Profile
New user
Michigan
54 Posts

Profile of Robertology
Quote:
On Jun 8, 2018, jimgerrish wrote:
Easy to justify spongeballs. Start by saying "What? I can't hear you!" a few times, and then reach up to your ears and apparently remove the first two sponge balls as if they were ear plugs. "That's better. Well now you don't have to shout!" And start your routine with the "ear plugs."

and then you want to put them in their hands? Smile I can imagine my wife being turned off by that, but maybe after a little bit of time the "gross" part is forgotten.
- Robert
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
1708 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2018, Robertology wrote:
Quote:
Easy to justify spongeballs. Start by saying "What? I can't hear you!" a few times, and then reach up to your ears and apparently remove the first two sponge balls as if they were ear plugs. "That's better. Well now you don't have to shout!" And start your routine with the "ear plugs."

and then you want to put them in their hands? Smile I can imagine my wife being turned off by that, but maybe after a little bit of time the "gross" part is forgotten.

As long as they are produced with the left hand, they should be wax off, the right hand was wax on.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3060 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
If pulling the balls from your ears is too gross for you, just pull them from your nose instead. Or some other orifice.
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1058 Posts

Profile of imgic
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2018, Aaron Smith Magic wrote:
I do a 12 phase sponge dong routine. It kills.

I have a similar routine...but for private performances only...
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
677 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2018, Robertology wrote:
Quote:

Would people actually believe they came out of the ears? In that case I have a bridge to sell them.
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
677 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
Quote:
On Jun 9, 2018, Kaliix wrote:
I took your use of Yowsa to be one of shock, surprise or astonishment, as that is usually how it's used. If you are shocked or surprised that a sponge ball routine could be six phases, that typically indicates that there is something out of the ordinary about having six phases to a sponge ball routine.

Perhaps you could explain then what caused you to express surprise at a six phase sponge ball routine?

Quote:
On Jun 8, 2018, Dannydoyle wrote:
6 phases? Yowsa.

I read it the same way
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1252 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Quote:
On Jun 28, 2018, MazingMandy wrote:
Would people actually believe they came out of the ears? In that case I have a bridge to sell them.

I've seen some strange things come out of some strange places, so anything is possible.
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
rabbitok
View Profile
New user
Sydney, Australia
52 Posts

Profile of rabbitok
Headphones, remove the headphones run them through you hand a produce a sponge ball.

Could follow or precede it with this : )
Ring on Headphones (PigCake)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlWSjfyE9qk
Jeremy Soon
View Profile
New user
Malaysia
14 Posts

Profile of Jeremy Soon
Never had to explained why red sponge balls, except for once where I had a question asking me why is it red? Answered that red color makes the balls magical. LOL
Douglas.M
View Profile
Elite user
433 Posts

Profile of Douglas.M
I use bunnies, but here's a thought:

"I used to do this with rocks, but local ordinance laws said I had to switch to Safety Stones..."
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1058 Posts

Profile of imgic
I recently began doing Bob Sheets sponge bunnies routine. He says how much people enjoy them...I didn’t believe it until I started doing them. I can do a flawless 4 phase ambitious card routine with the signed card ending up in wallet. And they’ll still ask to see the bunnies...
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8506 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On Mar 13, 2019, Douglas.M wrote:

"I used to do this with rocks, but local ordinance laws said I had to switch to Safety Stones..."

at last an explanation I might be able to use!

I have used sponge balls for decades but never where an observer can touch them. I avoid any technique that possibly reveals method. Just my early training.

but, given today's audience that may never have seen any ball not on an electronic screen, I may prepare a sponge object routine.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
667 Posts

Profile of equivoque
Quote:
What? I can't hear you!" a few times, and then reach up to your ears and apparently remove the first two sponge balls as if they were ear plugs. "That's better. Well now you don't have to shout!" And start your routine with the "ear plugs."

Jay Sankey made some spounges that looked like ear plugs. I think 🤔, however spounge balls need no justification.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3066 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
If you are performing as a magician the sponge balls need no rationalization. They are "magic sponge balls". If you are performing as a regular person who is doing magic then no rationalization will work. They are still "magic sponge balls".

Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
st3v13
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of st3v13
These are really cool idea. the safety rock sounds like it'd crack up everyone.

These feels more like patter than logical reason. Not to be a negative person, but do we really believe an audience believes any of this reasoning?
I personally feel the purpose of this to be entertaining more than anything else. More accurate to call it "entertaining reasoning"?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Logical Reason For Sponge Balls (15 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL