The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Steals,loads and productsions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tecumilic
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of tecumilic
Hello. I do not know if this is the right topic for me to post this question. So in my act I want to produce a lot of things a bottle,two glasses,2 medium sized plates,2 forks and 2 knives a vase and a bouqet of flowers. And a cooked chicken.

So I have seen peapole steal loads by standing next to their table and case I'm new to this concept so any pointers would be helpful. I have a doctor bag that could be modefied to hold things on the outside and via slits through the bag. The plates could be atached to the outside of the doctor bag and covered by a cloth then the whole thing could be stolen and produced. The bottle I would produce via a gimmick I bought its a litte nylon gimmick that looks like a soock this is pinned on the inside of my coat but since I am a small guy and my suit is small the bottle leaves noticable bulge. I don't want to introduce any special prop for the production of the bottle. Im thincking producing it from a holddr behind tge table or maby from my back since the bulge is passable but the steal is really unatrual and knacky. The production of the two glasses maby one glass on each side held by the belt loop or something like that. The chicken would be produced from a dove pan but any alternative would be apperciated since the dove pan screams magic prop. The dove pan is trashed in maximum entertainment for being a magican prop. Im thincking producing a alreqdy cooked store bought chicken that is in a bag so that it does not ruin my silks. The chicken could be held behind the table covered by the table clooth.
The productions would be produced by either a big silk a bunch of silks or two resturant menues.

Here are my ideas if you know of any better methods or alternative methods let me know. The cutlery could be produced via sl,,eving and flip stick. I want to be able to carry this stuff in the doctor bag,and on me. So when I go to my shows all that I bring whith me is the doctor bag
or case and a foldable table that the bag is put on,and when everythins is set up all the loads will be concealed by my clothes the tablecloth or tge doctor bag.To clearify the point of thid thrad is to start a discussion on steals,body loading and how to modify cases tables or doctor bags for the purpuse of productions.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1622 Posts

Profile of JNeal
What you are describing ( an entire table setting with food) was a classic trick from a bygone era called the Organ Pipes. The name came from the apparatus used: a series of nesting tubes that varied in size. A board was placed horizontally between two chairs and the tubes were shown empty by passing them thru' each other. Then a tablecloth, plates and all the elements you need for a meal were produced.

You might want to look into some of the older books: Hoffman, Tarbell, Henry Hay's 'Cyclopedia of Magic' among others to get a sense of what was done and how this might be adapted to contemporary standards.
visit me @ JNealShow.com
tecumilic
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of tecumilic
Im naming things I want to produce and ideas on how to produce them then ask for feedback. What I mean by the table is this: Imagine a small square table vovered whith a tablecloth. The table has a board on it so that it han hold items. Then I could reach in whith a bunch of silks in hand and under misdirection produce the item on the board of the table. Im also thinking that you could attach for example a coke bottle on one of the table legs.The bottle would be covered by the a big table cloth and under misdurection the bottle could be stolen. If you search Hakan Berg on youtube he does something similar but using black art and misdirection and genius routining.

Now how would one produce to medium sized plates and 2 glasses,and cutlery these are the productions I have not figured out fully yet.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Just checked, there are to many Hakan Berg videos, why don't you just provide the link?
tecumilic
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of tecumilic
tecumilic
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of tecumilic
In the end of the video
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I see what you are trying to accomplish, and you are absolutely correct, it is all misdirection that is needed and very strong misdirection as well.

From you comments, I think you are thinking to much about silks and scarves and not asking the correct questions, as in I want to produce a bottle. How can I create strong misdirection to produce the bottle unnoticed. What are the bottle productions available currently and will nay of the fit my needs.

Instead you cancel out the production because you think there is a bulge, before you even made up any prop and tried it in real time. Then you should ask yourself, if there is bulge, how can I cover it or make it not as noticeable.

You can't just think, you have to make prototypes and work with different methods.

Nothing of this nature has been published to my knowledge. As with Hakan Berg Act, his steals are perfection.

Good Luck, but you have to work out everything yourself, as nothing like this is available for study.
tecumilic
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of tecumilic
Ok thanck you bill.
tecumilic
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of tecumilic
About the bottle production I have the gimmick and there is a bulge. I have tried to move the bottle around into different positions but there is always a bulge unless I position the bottle at my lower back. The bottle steal is hard and unatrual from the lower back but I will experiment more and see what I come up whith.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Then think of other ways to steal the bottle, like Hakan Berg did. Tom Stone fooled a room full of people with this bottle production, and there was a bulge all along, but no one seen it. Stance, position of feet, how you stand, what you wear all have to considered.

Hakan Berg worked out every steal for that act, no where is any of that in a book or DVD. I suggest you watch that video 10 time with the sound off, and study it.
tecumilic
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of tecumilic
I will
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Decades ago I did a routine with a girl sitting at a table as I played waiter" with produced items and did effects with these props.

First was a glass of wine that she sipped while canning a large menu. As I did a Zombie effect with a coffee cup,
she loaded items onto the table behind the menu and coffee pot. My pretty assistant was a walking closet.
My magic effect provided the misdirection and the new items were functionally invisible until I "produced" them.

The napkin over my arm was a great aid also.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
tecumilic
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of tecumilic
That's very interesting. I have heard that peapole produce do cutlery from a spectators clothing something similar could probably be done in my routine when I want to produce the cutlery. I have experimented whith sleeving and flipsticking for the cutlery production but its hard to make the production look good. Does anyone know of a decent method of producing cutlry? The thing I have a problem whith is the cutlery "talking"
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
I my Medieval camp strolling days I would produce a 2' sword for a "ring on sword" effect. It would be under my belt at the back with the blade
upward. While bending forward with my left hand out for some purpose, I could extract the blade and have it concealed behind my forearm
with the handle under my lower fingers. At the proper moment, I do a reach out move as if snatching the sword form the air,
rotting the blade forward with the momentum. Should work with a butcher knife (edge filed down, of course)
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
tecumilic
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of tecumilic
That's sound cool. Only I'm going to produce knifes and forks they are of course smaller and it would require four separate steals. Or one steal if they were bundled togheter. Basicaly I need to produce 2 knives and 2 forks. The "talking" that the cutlery does is what limits my thought process. I have tried many methods the only one that kinda worked was a steal of all the cutlery bundled togheter.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Tecumilic, here is a spoon and fork production made by JL Magic in Korea.

https://www.seomagic-usa.com/product_inf......s_id/501
tecumilic
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of tecumilic
That's awsome.
tecumilic
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of tecumilic
Could anyone provide a comment or rewiew on this product:https://www.seomagic-usa.com/product_info.php/cPath/29/products_id/839

Demo video:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=w......s7XtT1kL
tecumilic
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of tecumilic
The routine can be manipulated to fit in my act very easely.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Steals,loads and productsions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL