The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ellusionist are now selling decks without tucks and calling them RELOADS (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Veteran user
378 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Introducing RELOADS... A tuckless deck wrapped securely in cellophane. https://www.ellusionist.com/green-keepers-reloads.html

If you're anything like us the cards LIVE in your hands. You sometimes set them down at your desk, in your kitchen or in the bathroom. (Don't pretend that's just us.)

Often in performance the tuck is discarded, or placed safely in your case while your deck takes on the inevitable damage of bends, slaps, crimps, sweat, sharpie and the sticky fingers of spectators.

For cardists the tuck is actually a hinderance. One more first world problem to elimate. Those seconds removing the deck from the tuck really add up.

With RELOADS we help to streamline your EDC (every day carry), help the environment (by not printing tucks that can be reused) and provide a cost effective solution to your increasingly expensive passion.

From just $2.98 per deck when buying 12, these decks arrive in the mail in perfect condition and can be opened with a quick cello-snap.

The first deck to introduce this concept is Sea Green Keepers. A maiden voyage deserves a skipper we can trust.

Keepers are designed for workers, so Green Keeper RELOADS are perfect for those who hop from table to table destroying decks and giving away signed cards.

Printed on Cartamundi's famed B9 stock for durability, these outlast any deck we've ever put it head-to-head against.

RELOAD your playing card supply today : https://www.ellusionist.com/green-keepers-reloads.html

Hopefully the workers here appreciate this initiative. Smile

- G
mantel
View Profile
Elite user
464 Posts

Profile of mantel
How much would the empty tucks cost to buy?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21943 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Tucks and Reloads, is that slang for meaning something?

Never heard this language before.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1602 Posts

Profile of The Duster
I guess Tuck is a friar

Reloads was a Matrix sequel

Some kind of new version of a Matrix effect that will fry specs brains [?]

Or... they have come up with the 'genius' idea of selling cards unboxed - hmm
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1042 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On May 15, 2018, GeraintClarke wrote:

With RELOADS we... help the environment

Smile
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
TheSecretFire
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of TheSecretFire
I guess I'm not seeing what the benefit of this is.

It's a deck, securely wrapped in cellophane... that you later take off, and cannot put back on.

Here's something I used to do: carry 3 decks - 1 in a card box (for effects which use a box), and rubber bands around the other 2. When Deck #1 was shot, I'd toss it, take out another deck, remove the rubber band, and load it into the box. When done in front of people, it now makes sense to have a rubber band to use for effects, rather than "randomly pulling out this ordinary rubber band that I just happen to carry". And if it's a g*******d band, then it's even better, since people have seen a justified use of the band, prior to it being part of the magic.

Anyway, is this intended to reduce the number of empty boxes we all have laying around?
Tempesta
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
398 Posts

Profile of Tempesta
I didn't relate to the ad copy either--and I'm a worker that burns through a deck an hour, on average, at an event. They go straight into a Porper Clip when I'm not using them. I've never put an unboxed deck of cards in my pocket--not sure why I would. Is that common?
//Sean Beard
Maxyedid
View Profile
Special user
Panama
528 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
I found the idea excellent, I will be ordering for sure bn. I only wish the decks were red or blue
Have a nice day
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Elite user
481 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
So, for me I see the huge benefit being this:

- My tuck boxes tend not to get damaged for a long time but my cards do. It seems a waste to throw tuck boxes away that are in good condition just because the deck is worn.
- The price of a standard deck of Keepers is $7.
- If you buy 12 Reload decks of Keepers the cost is $2.98 a deck.

So for 1 brick of all boxed keepers that's $84 but for a brick of Keeper Reloads it's $35.76.

The benefit for me is a massive saving of $48.24 per brick, for some of the best premium playing cards on the market. All you need is to look after a tuck box to keep the current deck you're using at the time in.

However, if you do want to buy Keepers with a tuck box, the option is still there. I can't see any negatives to this at all. Only strong positives.

Cheers,
Lloyd
Creative & Project Development at Ellusionist

Facebook

Twitter

Instagram
deanr201
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of deanr201
Actually think this is great. It seems a lot people will under estimate just how much printing and cutting of packaging can cost.

Just a shame I'm over here in the uk so shipping makes it not quite as good a deal.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3819 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Kind of hints at where the costs of producing decks mostly come from. LoL.

This offering makes sense though, boxes lasts far longer than cards. Buy the cards with the boxes first and then refill as needed until your boxes are in horrendous condition.
KazMagic
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of KazMagic
Quote:
On May 16, 2018, Lloyd Barnes wrote:

- My tuck boxes tend not to get damaged for a long time but my cards do. It seems a waste to throw tuck boxes away that are in good condition just because the deck is worn.

So for 1 brick of all boxed keepers that's $84 but for a brick of Keeper Reloads it's $35.76.

The benefit for me is a massive saving of $48.24 per brick, for some of the best premium playing cards on the market. All you need is to look after a tuck box to keep the current deck you're using at the time in.

However, if you do want to buy Keepers with a tuck box, the option is still there. I can't see any negatives to this at all. Only strong positives.

Cheers,
Lloyd

To be honest, I feel like Keepers with tuck boxes are pretty overpriced. You could buy a brick of elite editions for 40$ WITH tuck boxes!
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4642 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On May 16, 2018, Lloyd Barnes wrote:

Cheers,
Lloyd

My first concern is that you see no negative here. Are you saying you don't want us to buy Blue Bikes in boxes with good cello, so that we can perform "Ghost System"? If you use reloads, the cello on the box / tuck you reuse is going to eventually lose its cello, so you may as well buy new decks that work. (Not just "Ghost System" but there are tons of effects that use the box / cello that re-using all the time would damage eventually).

I also have to agree the math is flawed. Most "workers" use Bikes, Tally-Ho, Phoenix that can be bought for anywhere from $12 - $40 a Brick - ALL complete with their own reusable box / tuck and wrapped in cello "outside the card box". Plus, if you truly want a "Premium" deck, you can get Richard Turner Gold Seals for $3.85 ea.

Quote:
On May 15, 2018, GeraintClarke wrote:
With RELOADS we... help the environment

If each deck is wrapped in cellophane to be torn off and the cards put in an old tuck box, you are still putting non biodegradable cellophane into the environment. Once opened, the wrapper is trash in this case. At least with regular decks we have now, the wrap stays with the box and serves as a holder for an extra card or so, hiding or being a gimmick or part of one which makes the "trash" still usable for the duration of the box and deck.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1602 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Also their maths is sneaky

As if you buy a brick with boxes, it says on their website it will be $5

Or a brick without $3

But in this thread you are taking the volume discount for the boxless ones and comparing that to the single unit amount for those with boxes.

TBH I lost interest in ‘keepers’ when I saw the silly video of magicians being blindfolded and being asked which deck was the keepers and which were bikes

At the end the video says the ‘keepers’ decks “won”

What?

You asked them if they could tell the difference, then when they said ‘these are the keepers’ counted that like they were saying that was the best deck

Super shady both on the magicians (false endorsements) and on ppl watching the video (by trying to pull a fast one)

So for me ellusionists decks are most definitely not ‘keepers’
KazMagic
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of KazMagic
Quote:
On May 17, 2018, The Duster wrote:

Or a brick without $3

But in this thread you are taking the volume discount for the boxless ones and comparing that to the single unit amount for those with boxes.

TBH I lost interest in ‘keepers’ when I saw the silly video of magicians being blindfolded and being asked which deck was the keepers and which were bikes

What?

You asked them if they could tell the difference, then when they said ‘these are the keepers’ counted that like they were saying that was the best deck

Super shady both on the magicians (false endorsements) and on ppl watching the video (by trying to pull a fast one)

I mean, buyers will see that its 5$ so I think it wont be too much of a problem. Also, with that keepers vs bikes vid, it is really deceptive. I hate how magic shops mislead others just for their own profit. Smile
KazMagic
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of KazMagic
Quote:
On May 17, 2018, KazMagic wrote:
Quote:

Or a brick without $3

What?

I mean, buyers will see that its 5$ so I think it wont be too much of a problem. But with that keepers vs bikes vid, it is really deceptive. I hate how magic shops mislead others just for their own profit. Smile
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
This is one of the more ridiculous things I've ever heard of. Won't they be more suspect to damage if not in a case? I only use Richard Turner Gold Seal Bicycle cards, keep them in a Porper clip and I have decks that last for a month or even longer. Don't think that would be possible if there was no case. And these cards are strictly for when you want to just leave them around on your coffee table, desk, back of your toilet..... so they can easily spill everywhere. Wouldn't you prefer a case so you can keep them in a clip in your pocket, or bag? I'm never more than a few inches from a deck of cards. If there's not a deck in my hands, it's in my pocket. There's also one in my briefcase. If I'm sleeping, there's a deck in a clip on my bedside table. If I did that without a box, it'd be a mess. To me, this is planned obsolescence.
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1602 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Pepka

The idea is the deck you use has worn out, or been torn and restored / signed and kept as a souvenir....

Then you take a new boxless packet and put it in the old box

So the box gets reused many times

You are just ‘reloading’ it with the new (boxless) decks

So they are not suggesting you use decks sans boxes, and have them sitting around loose
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Elite user
481 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Quote:
Pepka

The idea is the deck you use has worn out, or been torn and restored / signed and kept as a souvenir....

Then you take a new boxless packet and put it in the old box

So the box gets reused many times

You are just ‘reloading’ it with the new (boxless) decks

So they are not suggesting you use decks sans boxes, and have them sitting around loose

This guy gets it.
Creative & Project Development at Ellusionist

Facebook

Twitter

Instagram
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
677 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
Quote:
On May 15, 2018, TheSecretFire wrote:
When done in front of people, it now makes sense to have a rubber band to use for effects, rather than "randomly pulling out this ordinary rubber band that I just happen to carry".

As opposed to randomly pulling out this pack of playing cards I just happen to carry?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ellusionist are now selling decks without tucks and calling them RELOADS (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL