The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coins to Glass (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Karl Miller
View Profile
Elite user
494 Posts

Profile of Karl Miller
Hi everybody. I would like to put together a nice Coins to Glass routine for the real world. I have been working on Shoot Ogawa's from Cultural XChange 2, and I have played with Dean Dill's as well. I would like to compile as many sources and ideas as I can to make the routine the best it can be. I will use gimmicks too! Thank you in advance!

-Karl
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Have you looked at the classics, Vernon, Buckley, Ramsay and also the Kennedy thing?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Karl Miller
View Profile
Elite user
494 Posts

Profile of Karl Miller
I haven't checked out the Kennedy coins to glass, or the Ramsay texts (Very hard to find!). I am familiar with the others. I have walked through most of them with coins in hand. I will have to check out the routines you mentioned that I am not familiar with. Thank you for your help, Mr. Townsend.

-Karl
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

There is a clip of 'Sonic Silver' on John Kennedy's site. The Ramsay coins to glass is on the first of the Galloway videos.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
You can find the Richard Ross version on volume 27 of the Stevens “Greater Magic Video Series”.

Danny Korem’s version can be found in his book “Korem Without Limits”.

Tarbell had a version similar to the one put out years later by Kennedy. It’s called “Passe Coins and Glasses” and is found in volume 2 on page 112.

Jim Cellini has a straightforward version in his book “The Royal Touch”. Plus he has an interesting gimmicked version that he sells from time to time and shows on the “London Lecture” videotape.

Not really a coins to glass but Ross Bertram has a single coin penetrating the bottom of a glass move in his “Magic and Methods of Ross Bertram”. It looks good when placed in a coins to glass routine. Plus Bertram's book has enough coin handling tips and moves to develop your own coins to glass routine.

Is this enough for a start?
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
How about Fred Kaps version in 'Routined Manipulation Finale' by Lewis Ganson.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

... and if willing to go gimmicked all the way... the amazing 'Copenetro'!
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Jon, I remember when I first got started in magic, and went to the magic shop in the next town (The Magic Den, some from around here may remember?) and the guy that was working there at the time, performed a quick demo for Copenetro I was blown away! I miss that feeling sometimes.

For a really good C2-glass routine you might want to have a look at David Acer's "Money Flies" from his first book "Natural Selections)

Best
Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Karl Miller
View Profile
Elite user
494 Posts

Profile of Karl Miller
Thank you everybody for your replies. Looks like I have some research to do!
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I would really like to hear more about Kennedy's coins to glass. I was talking with some professional magicians after our monthly meeting and coins to glass came up. They said that Kennedy's is amazing and is done at a distance. Is this sonic silver or something else?
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
John Kennedy's original Coins to Glass used three coins, typically quarters, and a glass. The first coin travels across, and is heard to arrive in the glass, while the magician holds the glass. The second does the same, but only the spectator is holding the glass. The third coin travels to the glass while nobody touches it. It's sitting on the table. Very near perfect, and extremely practical. I think it's still available from John.

Sonic Silver is one of John's later approaches. It also features the transit of three coins, but into an opaque mug. The mug is on the table the whole time. It's an illusion that would normally require extensive mechanical work, but John has figured out a fairly simple method. It's not easy to manage, but it's a good illusion. Then the coin is heard to arrive in the mug, the magician is motionless, yet he controls the sound. No electronics.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Here is the string on the new John Kennedy coin in glass.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......9&14
Brian Roberts
View Profile
Regular user
Georgia
200 Posts

Profile of Brian Roberts
Just a thought....but maybe try Roth's Champagne glass concealment for something different.

B.
Marc01
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of Marc01
David Stone in his CD Live in Boston teaches a very good ,very clever and easy routine.
tpdmagic
View Profile
Elite user
459 Posts

Profile of tpdmagic
What about Troy Hoosier's coins to glass. I know that its in his lecture notes and on the DVDs. I use every day and it rocks. The reactions are strong and it is very visual.

tpdmagic
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Props to Mike Gallo's "Psychological Coins to Glass". From his lecture notes. Very cool and way ahead.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1546 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
A very visual version by Daniel Cros which combines coins-to-glass with coins-through-glass was in a recent issue of MAGIC (I think it was February).

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Victorian Secrets: An Evening With The Spirits!
phread
View Profile
Elite user
md
486 Posts

Profile of phread
Curtis Kam
"Props to Mike Gallo's "Psychological Coins to Glass". From his lecture notes. Very cool and way ahead."
I have those notes after seeing mike gallo in baltimore in 96 or 97...i'll have to look at this routine closely!
Deckless Wonder
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
You should see the Dean Dill new version with the Swadling (flipper) coin... he sold out of 'em at the Castle swap meet.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2956 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
David Stone has one on volume 2 of his coin magic videos. I think it's a bit more involved in the video than in his lecture (i'm not sure about the one in Boston, but when he lectured here he did a reduced version). I also like Scott Guinn's ideas with this routine.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coins to Glass (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL