The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Dry hands (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
ValeCavaliero
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of ValeCavaliero
I use simple Nivea hands moisturizer an hour before performing.
Roberto Juan
View Profile
New user
Sacramento, California
22 Posts

Profile of Roberto Juan
I like to use a tiny bit of Aveeno for dry hands. It can help, for example, doing the reveal separation for an Invisible Deck routine. (Think I got this tip from a Charlie Frye lecture)

Because we regularly wash our hands, often they lack natural oil that otherwise would be present. An option to using manufactured moisturizers is to use your own. When I wipe my forehead with a dry hand, I pick up enough oil to restore enough moisture to help. It's free and always with me.
TeddyBoy
View Profile
Loyal user
New York, NY
297 Posts

Profile of TeddyBoy
What I find to work best, and relatively inexpensive, is Zim's Crack Creme, ORIGINAL LIQUID FORMULA. See here for the packaging - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Zim-s-Crack-C......44603245

NOTE: This is Zim's ORIGINAL, GLYCERINE-based product. Zim's also has one or more "creme formulas" that are different from this (though they may be effective also - I just don't know). Only a few drops of the glycerine-based stuff, spread over the hands and fingers provides a nice layer of tackiness without feeling sticky. It remains effective for close to 30 minutes. Good stuff.
So many sleights...so little time.
Cheers,

Ted
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Elite user
Arkansas (WooPigSooie!)
454 Posts

Profile of Stephon Johnson
O'Keefes Hand Cream (Squirt Tube, not semi-solid), and I also like Cornhuskers. Both products you must use sparingly. We tend to want to "slather" abundantly to help our skin, but both will leave you gooey and slick unless you use small amounts frequently. Both I find leave a slight tackiness without greasiness.

Blessings,
steph
WHAT IF you wake up tomorrow with only the things that you thank God for today?
Zama
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Zama
I think that you can use a nourishing cream, it should help get rid of dry skin and thus there will be no problems with performing tricks.
dschmunis
View Profile
New user
Hillsboro, OR
49 Posts

Profile of dschmunis
Back for more...

Found a recipe in Gary Ouellette's book for rose water, glycerine and rubbing alcohol. Has anyone have success with this mix? Also, I've seen it around the web the same recipe but w/o the rubbing alcohol? Any thoughts will be much appreciated.

D
TeddyBoy
View Profile
Loyal user
New York, NY
297 Posts

Profile of TeddyBoy
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2019, dschmunis wrote:
Back for more...

Found a recipe in Gary Ouellette's book for rose water, glycerine and rubbing alcohol. Has anyone have success with this mix? Also, I've seen it around the web the same recipe but w/o the rubbing alcohol? Any thoughts will be much appreciated.

D

Yes, they are good. But Zim's Crack Creme (original formula) is better, in my opinion.
So many sleights...so little time.
Cheers,

Ted
Nala Nosmoht
View Profile
Special user
Surrey,B.C. Canada,
638 Posts

Profile of Nala Nosmoht
Year round in my area I use (comes in a small bottle) "Glycerin & Rosewater"
always in my case. In my area available in Pharmacy's / Drug stores
usually in "first aid" section
cosermann
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
144 Posts

Profile of cosermann
Corn Huskers lotion works well for me.
Regards,
Eric
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Dry hands (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL