The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Dice Bomb (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
This is a great little trick by Empire magic. It involves a small clear capsul that contains a black die. The lid is placed on and with one shake, the die is smashed into eight mini dice. You can also have the die change color, or turn into a ring, or coins. Much is possible and I really LOVE this great little effect. Does anyone have it?
BBM123
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
98 Posts

Profile of BBM123
Hi,
I have owned it for a while, but never thought of those effects you mentioned. I hope you don't mind if I use some of them!
Youre not totally clean at the end, but you can be.
Nice review.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Hi Jordini,

Greetings!

Nice to know that, you are not only a magic performer but a thinker as well. I like people who can think and promote the cause of magic by providing something new and different.

I liked your idea of creating new effects out of the old (tricks/props). I had also started a thread on similar lines during the initial years of the Café, But soon gave up, as I found that there were more of performers and less of thinkers at the Café.

However, over the years things have changed and we do have a good mix of people at the Café, who can think in different directions and contribute positively.

You may like to have a separate area for such topics. The Café staff may be able to help you in this regard.

We must keep our thinking caps on, and that's how magic will grow.

Happy Thinking!

Smile

P.S. You may like to have look at one of the threads on similar lines @

http://www.themagiccafe.com/archive1/vie......forum=45
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
TricksDaniel
View Profile
Loyal user
Pensacola,FL
248 Posts

Profile of TricksDaniel
I actually bought this trick for my wife and she loves it.Especially the mini dice.Another routine to think about is buying a matching black die and placing it somewhere around a room,outside,the mail box, you get the point.Then make the die disappear and then tell them where it is and have someone retreive it.By that time your clean. Just an idea. Daniel
Owner DC_ILLUSIONS
garywsumpter
View Profile
New user
Kent, UK
1 Post

Profile of garywsumpter
This is one of the first effects I ever bought. I still have it, battered to bits though. Its such a cutey, and still fools people (even tho its my nephew that perfoms it now!)

ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
This used to get pooh-poohed on MagicTalk all the time.
Kirby van Burch did this for my kids and they loved it.

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
loowhochan
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
116 Posts

Profile of loowhochan
I have thie trick too! And thanks for the ideas. Smile I love this trick, so simple yet so visual.
gerry
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of gerry
Your right this is a really neat close up trick, its now being produced in England by Marvin's Magic under the title Cascading dice, it really fooled me when I first saw it demonstrated in the magic section in Harrods
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
You can do the Dice Bomb effect without the little clear plexi box by using the Raven (or something similar) to transform the large die into the multiple small dice .
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Aw shucks everyone, thanks for all the kind words. I really like taking what I call "utility props" and making up my own versions/presentations. There are a few tricks which are really only made and useable for one purpose, but I always try to make up my own original material, so that I really enjoy the trick, which comes off during a performance. If you can't love the magic you're doing, how do you expect your audience to?

Dai, I've tried doing this w/out the box, and it doesn't really work. The movement is vertical, and horizontal movements (like the raven) do not work so good. Also, you wouldn't be able to get the "exploding" effect of the dice really spreading out and bouncing around. Besides, I like the box because it's so "isolated" and there's no way one could switch or perform any slight of hand, which makes it even more magical. (And they don't catch on, if done correctly). But, don't follow the directions from Empire. They have you do the trick twice, which is really overkill and it is damaging to the overall effect. A big part of this trick is not only the visual effect, but also the suprise, which is gone by the second go-round. Thanx again guys!

-Jordini
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
There is an effect out there, I forget who created it... I have one, but lost the instructions many years ago... Anyway, you show a large die about 2 cubic inches. And a tray about 5 inches across and a half inch deep. It looks like a large lid from a peanut butter jar. you visibly drop the large black die onto the tray and it just turns into the dice.. or whatever.. no covering moves at all....looks beautiful....
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1822 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Doomo,
That is the same thing as Dice Bomb only a larger version without the plastic box it uses the tray.
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
euphoria5150
View Profile
Regular user
Russell Jeanneret
110 Posts

Profile of euphoria5150
Does anyone have any info on this 'larger version' that uses a tray? I have the effect and I'm looking to find some history. The 'lack-of' information keeps me looking harder for it.

The first time I seen this was my first magician I have ever seen 'Del Ray'. He had the same-time method and model I had but his was automatic controlled by RF.

Any info would be great!
Theater, cinemas, and literature are all better forums for telling stories or creating drama. Stand-up comedy is better for telling jokes. But magic is unique in creating the Twilight Zone sense of turning a corner and finding yourself on another street, in another town, in another country. Deception is the means to that end. –John Bannon
MaGiShN46
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of MaGiShN46
No I don't use it. Im not a fan of close up tricks with gimmiks, I usually do card tricks. It shows more the skill than anything other. The die bomb is great for a beginner but if you know how to amaze people with other tricks that they have seen before or used before that's what amazes them. Like taking a sugar packet and swithing it with a bill in their hands!!!!!

Thanks
Brett Stamm
algebraic
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of algebraic
I purchased this effect a short time ago. I was happy with the cleverness of the effect, but the quality of the prop was poor to say the least. I promptly threw this in the trash. I hate poorly made effects.

It sounds like your product is of a higher quality than mine. I'd like to know where you purchased it. I like the cleverness of people's post on this effect.
MagicAndBlackjack
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of MagicAndBlackjack
Oh yea, I bought the Dice Bomb back when I was like 8, but it still works wonders.
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
I love this little effect. Smile
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1234 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
But who actually invented it?

Some say Rob Bromley, others Dr Sawa...

Anyone got any info?

TIM ELLIS
runawayjag
View Profile
Inner circle
1085 Posts

Profile of runawayjag
The die with the tray was made most recently in Germany. Howard Schwarzman imported them into the U.S. through his Limited Editions company in the 70's. It came in two sizes, the little 2" one with the 5" tray and then a much larger one with a die about 3-1/2" in size and a much bigger tray.

As I recall, Harold Voit (Zaubercentrale Munchen) last sold them and they were imported this last time by Joe Stevens who may well still sell them.
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1234 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Sorry, I was asking about the Dice Bomb.

TIM
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Dice Bomb (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL