The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Dove Flyback (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
445 Posts

Profile of latentimage
Can anyone give me some advice on how to train a few of my birds for flyback? Thanks for any replies!!
"Come to the edge," he said, They Said "We Are Afraid," "Come to the edge," he said, They Came, He Pushed Them...And They Flew. -Apollinaire

"If there be a skeptical star, I was born under it. Yet I have lived all my days in complete astonishment." -W. MacNeile Dixon
Michael Bourada
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of Michael Bourada
Tony Clark has terrific methods. They work for me.
Experience the Magic.
www.michaelbourada.com
Darcy
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Darcy
Greg Frewin's new videos have several great methods.
Darcy
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
880 Posts

Profile of sperris
I use the reward technique, its a sure fire way to have them return on a dime, however you need to have lots of time and patience but it is worth it...

sperris
DANSPERRY.COM
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
445 Posts

Profile of latentimage
Reward technique? Is this on the Tony Clark videos as well?
"Come to the edge," he said, They Said "We Are Afraid," "Come to the edge," he said, They Came, He Pushed Them...And They Flew. -Apollinaire

"If there be a skeptical star, I was born under it. Yet I have lived all my days in complete astonishment." -W. MacNeile Dixon
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
880 Posts

Profile of sperris
No, Tony does not cover the reward technique his method relies on repetition of tossing the dove from hand to hand. The reward system gives the doves a reason to come back to you, because they're hungry. It is very involved to do it right and honestly still there are times where the dove won't come back, it all depends on the venue etc. They're doves and they'll do what they want, but I have found that the reward method works a lot better and faster than the repetition techniues that are out there. The way I do it was originally developed by Tim Starr I believe, Amos Levkovitch, Brett Daniels, Lance, etc. use this sort of method too.

sperris
DANSPERRY.COM
majimagic
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of majimagic
What are Greg Frewins videos called
Darcy
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Darcy
Umm there titled "A complete course in dove magic" its a set of 3 dvds, and it goes through a ton of materail. They sell for like $150 and you have to buy them as a set. He sells them from his site http://www.gregfrewin.com
Darcy
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
445 Posts

Profile of latentimage
I am thinking about getting the video, "Tony Clark Unmasks"...Can someone who has this video please tell me if he covers the use of the invisable harness on it as well as flyback?

Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5165 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Dovemagic9, Tony's unmasked volume I covers care, feeding, training which includes the fly back effect and the use of the invisible harness. He demonstrates the harness, how to put it on the bird, the loading and also shows a few productions using it. I'd recommend getting Tony's complete set, unmasks, unmasks II, behind the seams and timing is everything.
Where the magic begins
MagicalPirate
View Profile
Special user
Shamokin, PA
828 Posts

Profile of MagicalPirate
I work my doves in a small enclosed hallway in our home to train them for flybacks. I make sure there are no distractions and nothing else to perch on except me. It does take a lot of time and energy to train for the flyback and I agree with Sperris, they are doves and they will do what they want.

Martin Smile
Martin Blakley, CSH, DASH, CMSA
http://www.thehypnoguy.com/HYPNORESOURCES
http://www.docgrayson.com/
How To Sell Anything Online
http://tub.bz/?r=1z
Copyright to my own words retained 100%.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5165 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Martin, that's when you just hit them along side of the head with a big stick to get their attention Smile just kidding of course. The enclosed hallway works well. I always trained mine in the basement with a spotlight on them to simulate the stage atmosphere but not eveyone is so lucky to have smart doves. I always figured if I could make them return to me with many distraction around, then I wouldn't have a problem on stage. So far I've been correct but you never know.
Where the magic begins
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
445 Posts

Profile of latentimage
Thanks very much guys...I intend on accumulating Tonys complete set over time as well as picking up some other dove videos. Sounds like Tony has some great stuff...Also does Tony or someone else you know of have a gloves to dove effect? I have been looking for a good one, but have been unable to find one...this is actually the effect I wanted to train a bird flyback for.

Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5165 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Tony does show a gloves to dove and so does Andy Amyx. Both are about the same and work well. Shimada also has one on his tape.
Where the magic begins
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
445 Posts

Profile of latentimage
Thanks for the reply Dave...sounds like the Clark videos will answer just about all of my questions.

dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
Hi dovemagic9

Tony's Unmask 1 tape is the one I have seen covers the MOST in-depth details on the dove flyback!

As for Greg Frewin's new dove DVD (part 1) he didn't show much of the dove training method as compared with Tony. Btw he too uses the feeding of seeds method.

Btw, Greg Frewin is releasing his highly secretly method (A hand gimmick) of producing dove (like dove toss) WITHOUT sleeve. I've seen it live thrice & on his 'Magic at Sea 'special. It is beautiful. Though a bit anglely but at the right angle, it looks magically! Be sure to grab one from Greg Frewin when is out & adopt to your dove flyback routine! Smile

Hope it helps Smile
doveboy
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
445 Posts

Profile of latentimage
Thanks for the advice dove-boy....does Greg have a website?

Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5165 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Al, Greg's web address is http://www.gregfrewin.com
Where the magic begins
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
445 Posts

Profile of latentimage
Thanks very much Dave Smile

mike_york
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of mike_york
Where can I find information on the reward dove fly back methoed? I have tried to use Tony's but it has never worked out for me.

Thanks,
Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Dove Flyback (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL