The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SvenAgain Reusable Svengali Book or Pad Set by Sven Lee (71 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2018, Rudy Sanchez wrote:
In a word AWESOME product Sven Lee!
After erasing, the paper looks exactly the same without any distortion to the paper and so easy.
I couldn’t be happier, this is definitely the best!

Thanks for the update, Good Review
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On May 22, 2018, AceFace wrote:
These look absolutely fantastic... I think it has caused massive issues with Brett Who sells the svenpads but it is so nice to have a choice. I know that a lot of people swear by the svenpads claiming they are far more superior but I have got svenpads and Svengali pads from another supplier and I don’t think the difference is anything major (apart from the price). I get the impression that the maker of svenpads is getting a little worried because we now have cheaper alternatives that do exactly the same and even have a great feature like being properly reusable even if you use a sharpie. Sorry Svenpads but you are not fairest in the land anymore, you have got proper competition now.....

I still use my two $0.99 pads that I made into svenpads for over 5 years now and they still work flawlessly. These are the easiest things to make and really do not take that long at all. And the cuts do not have to be perfect. I have never had my pads fail or be questioned in well over hundreds of performances. Take 10-15 minutes to make the cuts and your done.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
907 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
Regarding the smudge issue....I recorded this so potential customers could see that if immediately rubbing the ink after writing, then it will smudge (Rudy in black writIng).
However if you wait a minute or two and let the ink dry (as you can see using the green ink) even rough rubbing doesn’t cause any change or smudges).
www.cesaral.com
Sales Manager for Cesaral Magic
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2018, Justin Lewis wrote:
Video of brett using the “stuff” to erase the marker is proof enough. It’s not something that is going to work... at all. Dry erase is a problem. It will smear. Stick with a svenpad! The service and quality you receive with Brett is unbeatable.

Judging from Rudy's latest video, sure looks like it works to me!
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
I am a little confused as well from Ustaad's comments. So you can write on these reusable pads without fear that the ink will smudge? And then, if you want to change the force item, you can just wet wipe the page if you had used a dry erase marker?

Is that a correct statement?

Thanks,
RNK
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I thought the claim was that you write with a regular permanent Sharpie marker?
I've asked to be banned
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2018, RNK wrote:

I am a little confused as well from Ustaad's comments. So you can write on these reusable pads without fear that the ink will smudge? And then, if you want to change the force item, you can just wet wipe the page if you had used a dry erase marker?

There is no confusion in my above statement. A Dry Erase mark/writing doesn't need a wet wipe but a simple dry cloth or your dry hand to wipe it off (basically peel it off the surface). Whereas a Wet Erase mark needs a wet wipe.

Hope that makes sense.

Smile
P.S. I will ignore the last comment made by Rudy Sanchez.
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
907 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
[quote]On Jun 5, 2018, Ustaad wrote:
Quote:

There is no confusion in my above statement. A Dry Erase mark/writing doesn't need a wet wipe but a simple dry cloth or your dry hand to wipe it off (basically peel it off the surface). Whereas a Wet Erase mark needs a wet wipe.

Really? Then why isn’t this dry erase marker wiping off with my dry hand?

www.cesaral.com
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Isn't the main point that these pads will be fine as long as the writing doesn't wipe off while using them? And with Rudy's video demonstration it seems like this is possible. If this is the case then I think this is a huge step in the right direction for not having to buy refill pads.
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
907 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
Quote:
Isn't the main point that these pads will be fine as long as the writing doesn't wipe off while using them? And with Rudy's video demonstration it seems like this is possible. If this is the case then I think this is a huge step in the right direction for not having to buy refill pads.

Exactly my point!
www.cesaral.com
IMAGINACIAN
View Profile
Special user
In Your Thots
558 Posts

Profile of IMAGINACIAN
Back on topic, I have ACTUALLY used an "ARTLINE PERMANENT MARKER" Japanese make, to test on these pads. As soon as I write, NOTHING gets erased with my finger or even with water (wet wipe) - absolutely no smudge too. So nothing to worry in a gig. But when I wiped it off with the 'secret beauty', it all got erased absolutely fine - no trace and back as new. I WILL make a vid and post it as soon as I can.

This is FANTASTIC, imo.
There is no better freedom than choice and no better choice than freedom.
IMAGINACIAN
View Profile
Special user
In Your Thots
558 Posts

Profile of IMAGINACIAN
Just found the marker in my bag. Posting a pic here.

Forgot to mention, even with this thick nib permanent marker, there is absolutely NO BLEED even on the back of the page. I can fill my content without worry.

I'm sure if this marker is used on a svenpad, it would bleed to at least 10-15 pages and then finally the pad would 'bleed to death'. But who cares.

SvenAgain is the way forward. Period.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I disagree it’s the way for cheap skates or hobbyists who change their acts rather than their audiences as they have to as they perform for the same people all the time imho Tarik 🙂
IMAGINACIAN
View Profile
Special user
In Your Thots
558 Posts

Profile of IMAGINACIAN
Sorry unable to post a pic. It is attaching fine here, size, format are all fine - still it is somehow not uploading. Will try some other way.
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2018, Tarik Flash wrote:
I disagree it’s the way for cheap skates or hobbyists who change their acts rather than their audiences as they have to as they perform for the same people all the time imho Tarik 🙂

Or maybe it's a way for people to try out different ideas and presentations and to personalize their performances without having to buy a new product each time.

I guess if you're not particularly creative then buying a new force pad for every idea you have seems reasonable. But for some people it would be a waste of money and space.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
No I totally disagree with you , that can be done with a frixion pen using a svenpad if you really want to . However I don’t need to try out ideas as I can work out on paper 😉 and my experience and homework what will slay a lay audience using my experience in magic very very easily without writing a routine based on guesswork and then like you appear to be promoting in using paying customers as guinea pigs . You are entitled to your opinion but I really can’t agree with you as then we would both be wrong . Best wishes Tarik 🙂
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2018, Magicsquared wrote:
Quote:

Or maybe it's a way for people to try out different ideas and presentations and to personalize their performances without having to buy a new product each time.

I guess if you're not particularly creative then buying a new force pad for every idea you have seems reasonable. But for some people it would be a waste of money and space.

To be fair, SvenPad memo style pads are reasonably priced. How many of these would anybody actually realistically need though? Even if you have multiple ideas and which to switch ideas around from time to time, do you really need more then let’s say, 4? 4 of them is like what? $100? I would get super tired of filling 4 pads worth of text. LoL.

What would be nice if SvenPads doesn’t have one yet is to have thicker pads available (more pages) so that you could use them for two outcomes per pad without needing to be too demanding with audience management (I think with double the page count it would still appear normal enough and provide the physicality to be able to do that with ease). Now, if they don’t make one and do make one in the future, I personally would feel a bit annoyed if that caused the thicker pad to be double the price (it should cost more just not double the price imo). Food for thought.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Narendra trust me and I know you know this anyway but anyone with any knowledge who gives an opinion that certain dealers don’t like they often get sucked up to by the powers that be on the Café and our posts that help the far majority of magicians on here get removed . This is wrong imho very best wishes Tarik 🙂
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Quote:
No I totally disagree with you , that can be done with a frixion pen using a svenpad if you really want to . However I don’t need to try out ideas as I can work out on paper 😉 and my experience and homework what will slay a lay audience using my experience in magic very very easily without writing a routine based on guesswork and then like you appear to be promoting in using paying customers as guinea pigs . You are entitled to your opinion but I really can’t agree with you as then we would both be wrong . Best wishes Tarik 🙂

Wow, you're the only "professional" I know of who doesn't need to try out his material. Derren Brown, David Blaine, Copperfield, Penn and Teller, literally EVERY other magician workshops different ideas and approaches (sometimes on paying audiences, sometimes in other sorts of situations). The only people who don't do this are uncreative hacks who only use other people's material. For those people (like yourself) I would agree with you, they can just buy a different book for each unoriginal idea someone already figured out for them.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Wrong I create my own original routines and ideas and effects and I am not a sheep who follows and who copies others . Which actually in all fairness are often the names you are just mentioning , lots of them are copying their predecessors whos shoulder we all stand on and are now no longer sadly with us . Read some old books and be prepared to look up the history of magic if you want to challenge me as you will be left absolutely standing . Best wishes Tarik 🙂
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SvenAgain Reusable Svengali Book or Pad Set by Sven Lee (71 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL