The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » AmazeBox Kraft by Mark Shortland (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1406 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Innercirclewannabe, I wasn't quoting you. The only person who cited a google search was Calvin826. My post was directly after his and his statement was quoted in my post. So if you are going to quote me, at least do it correctly. ;-)
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1568 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
Quote:
On May 24, 2018, Kaliix wrote:
Innercirclewannabe, I wasn't quoting you. The only person who cited a google search was Calvin826. My post was directly after his and his statement was quoted in my post. So if you are going to quote me, at least do it correctly. ;-)

Point taken. I seen my username beside a quote that wasn't mine - hence the confusion. Anyway, I stand by my opinion as I am sure you do.
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1568 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
Quote:
On May 24, 2018, videoman wrote:
Innercirclewannabe, I understnd that quoting 2 replies in the same post can be confusing but you should know by now that it's typically the LAST post in the quote that is being replied to so I believe Kaliix was responding to Calvin826 and not you. And what Kaliix said is true. Googling cardboard box prediction does NOT bring up anything exposing the trick if done from a neutral browser history.

You are free to believe that the art is dying a slow death but it is difficult to provide any conclusive evidence that that is the case.
For most effects it is hard to google an expose and the vast majority of people do not bother anyway.
Not to mention that the the enjoyment and entertainment should go beyond merely the secret anyway.
But fair enough, we can agree to disagree if you like. Smile

Absolutely Videoman. Well said.
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
tada2018
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of tada2018
Hi, I'm a long-time reader and a first-time poster. I'm on the fence trying to decide whether AmazeBox Kraft by Mark is worth buying. Can standard-sized playing cards be put into it and force them to other cards without folding them?
BAGWIZ
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of BAGWIZ
What irks me about this whole thing is that I paid a lot of money for this very clever, but still made of cardboard, box. Now they have a new version and if we own the original we have to pay full price for the updated version? That’s bulls**t.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2352 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On May 25, 2018, BAGWIZ wrote:
What irks me about this whole thing is that I paid a lot of money for this very clever, but still made of cardboard, box. Now they have a new version and if we own the original we have to pay full price for the updated version? That’s bulls**t.

I bought a TV a couple years ago, guess what they now have a newer better version and if I want it I have to pay full price.

I guess I have to stick with my old one that works or sell it on and get the new version I really like the look and features of.
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of tmoca
Quote:
On May 25, 2018, Saturn UK wrote:
Quote:

I bought a TV a couple years ago, guess what they now have a newer better version and if I want it I have to pay full price.

I guess I have to stick with my old one that works or sell it on and get the new version I really like the look and features of.

He does have a valid point. Many companies today offer return customer upgrade discounts for returning customers that already own the previous release/product TVs are just one example of those that don't. Many do.

Mobile Phones
Software Companies
Roku
Xbox/Microsoft
GM, Ford, Jeep
Xerox
Darby
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
230 Posts

Profile of Darby
Quote:
On May 25, 2018, tmoca wrote:
Quote:
On May 25, 2018, Saturn UK wrote:
Quote:

He does have a valid point. Many companies today offer return customer upgrade discounts for returning customers that already own the previous release/product TVs are just one example of those that don't. Many do.

Mobile Phones
Software Companies
Roku
Xbox/Microsoft
GM, Ford, Jeep
Xerox

I would dare say that most products don't.

It really doesn't matter how many do or how many don't; if that's what's important to you, then it's up to the buyer to find out that information prior to the purchase.

Don't blame the seller for not doing something that he never packaged with the sale. (This coming from a person that's in the same situation as you - but I don't expect him to refund me for my purchase).
Nathan Horne
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Nathan Horne
I'm on the fence on getting this, as I live in South Africa, so it's quite an investment every time I purchase something (as I have to buy 3/4 expensive items to warrant the DHL costs)

Without getting the whole "Experience and spectator management" lecture, does the box switch back to the spectator billets from the force billets when it's closed back up? I'm just wondering if you ever get a situation where spectators want to look in the box after the reveal.

I suppose it's overkill, was just wondering :-P
only4card
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of only4card
Waiting for it arrival Smile
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2278 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
No Nathan it does not automatically switch back
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Elite user
SLC, Utah
475 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
Hi Nathan,

Xcath1 already answered your question directly but it’s worth adding that there are alternatives ways to accomplish your goal. Without tipping too much... consider the possibilities if you use a few different colored slips of paper... OR you could always just p***/l*** some papers that are then read aloud to show “what could have been.”

Best,

Drew
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

Now Available: OMNI-TEST (Limited Release)
www.mindofandrews.com/omni-test

ARCHITECT OF THE MIND
For more information and to download a free preview visit the link below:
www.mindofandrews.com/colleagues

PENGUIN LIVE ACT: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/11689
Alex R. Weinberg
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of Alex R. Weinberg
I HATE the AmazeBox. Why? It is so good I don't want anyone else to use it, seriously don't buy it. I want to be the only one to perform it.
Nathan Horne
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Nathan Horne
Quote:
On Jun 12, 2018, DrewBstoss wrote:
Hi Nathan,

Xcath1 already answered your question directly but it’s worth adding that there are alternatives ways to accomplish your goal. Without tipping too much... consider the possibilities if you use a few different colored slips of paper... OR you could always just p***/l*** some papers that are then read aloud to show “what could have been.”

Best,

Drew

Thanks Drew and Xcath1!
Nathan Horne
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Nathan Horne
I'm waiting for mine in the mail. Purchased it from Theory11. The instructional video had me so excited!

I have a corporate gig next month where the guests are a bunch of golfers. Can't wait to unleash this upon them :-P (Thinking having them complete imaginary scores on 9 hole golf score cards)
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1500 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
Good luck if you check the Amazebox Facebook page you will see that there are a ton of negative reviews on the Kraft version. Much worse than the white box. Whoever they had mfg these ( probably China) did a poor job. Just about everything about it is poor. Off center, the flaps will not stay closed, the slot is is off enter at the top. A lot of angry people. I know I got one. Terrible quality.
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4146 Posts

Profile of videoman
That’s too bad, sorry to hear that.
So maybe you try to save a few bucks in order to keep the selling price down and try a different manufacturer. But then you discover the quality is sub-par.
But you just go ahead and sell them anyway?
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10457 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Here is my mini review:

The best just got even BETTER! I simply love the improvements of this new version of one of the cleverest switching devices ever.

Mark Shortland was genius in coming up with this, and I have owned both the original white box since it was released + the black one. I have used the boxes for the past 3+ years in many of my stage and parlor shows and it flies under all radar. BUT this new Kraft style box exceeds them all. It looks 100% brown paper innocent, and there are many small improvement including

1) ease of set-up. The box requires ZERO arts & krafts, cutting, gluing, X-acto knifing. None. This is a plug & play box, and with the video you will be up and running in 10 min. In the past the originals required some crafts. The Kraft edition needs nada. Great!
2) Box is BIGGER - holds WAY more billets
3) The addition of improved inner magnets (already built-in) holds the inner secret area, and precludes the possibility of a spectator discovering the secret
4) Easy unpacking for travel.

I give this new Kraft version 5 stars. It is exceptionally innocent and the best yet.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10457 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2018, magicbyswh wrote:
Good luck if you check the Amazebox Facebook page you will see that there are a ton of negative reviews on the Kraft version. Much worse than the white box. Whoever they had mfg these ( probably China) did a poor job. Just about everything about it is poor. Off center, the flaps will not stay closed, the slot is is off enter at the top. A lot of angry people. I know I got one. Terrible quality.

NOT TRUE.

Mine is perfect and the quality is perfect. I have all 3 versions and bought the original Mark Shortland white box when 1st released.

My flaps stay closed. The thing is made of PAPER/CARDBOARD. You bend it as taught in the video, wear the paper in a bit... flaps stay perfectly closed with the velcro. The slots are perfect and align.

This is a PLUG & PLAY box. No cutting, no muss, no fuss, no tape, no glue, no X-acto knives, no taping magnets... NOTHING. Just build your box in 10 min. I highly recommend this product. Sensational.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
Matthew Crabtree
View Profile
Special user
580 Posts

Profile of Matthew Crabtree
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2018, saysold1 wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2018, magicbyswh wrote:

NOT TRUE.

Mine is perfect and the quality is perfect. I have all 3 versions and bought the original Mark Shortland white box when 1st released.

My flaps stay closed. The thing is made of PAPER/CARDBOARD. You bend it as taught in the video, wear the paper in a bit... flaps stay perfectly closed with the velcro. The slots are perfect and align.

This is a PLUG & PLAY box. No cutting, no muss, no fuss, no tape, no glue, no X-acto knives, no taping magnets... NOTHING. Just build your box in 10 min. I highly recommend this product. Sensational.

It really seems hit or miss. I have a white one and never had an issue with it. a friend of mine picked up a white one at the same time and it is great. He picked up the black one and it had a slot issue. He got the kraft version and the first one had the not staying closed issue. Second one stayed closed but had the slot issue. Third one had both. It wasn't until the fourth on that it was fine.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » AmazeBox Kraft by Mark Shortland (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL