The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Every meat eater wants to be a vegan and I can prove it to you (32 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21~22~23..26~27~28 [Next]
prankmonster
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of prankmonster
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2019, Dannydoyle wrote:
So of course since you don't understand it therefore it is aliens.

And naturally when nobody could explain gravity it aliens was a plausible explanation.


Show me a human who understands.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4807 Posts

Profile of landmark
"Aliens" is going to be my go-to explanation from now on.

It beats "The Russians."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
"I don't understand, therefore aliens". HILARIOUS reasoning.

So why can't he answer if EVERYTHING we can't explain is aliens? So the sunset was originally obviously aliens.

Again STOP watching Ancient Aliens. IT IS ALL LIES. It is EASILY disprovable, and many spend a lot of time doing just that.

Also WHY IS THERE NO PROOF of an ancient advanced civilization? Come on really. It is hilariously silly.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
246 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
Quote:
...
Here is United states govt research paper on human consciousness concluding that no other creature on Earth plays or behaves or interacts the way humans do. Why are so different from the others?



Wow... there is a stray cat that we feed at work. It does not behave anything like the flies.

There is only one logical conclusion!

The cat is an Alien!

... or the flies...

... come to think of it those birds look suspect too...

.....dang mind controlling birds making me suspect the poor cat and flies!

Here's my proof... https://worldbuilding.stackexchange.com/......o-humans
Image
Life's like a movie, write your own ending...
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2019, prankmonster wrote:
The problem is not measuring. There are no precursors for human consciousness.

I, for one, am very interested in seeing your proof of this assertion.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2019, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2019, prankmonster wrote:
The problem is not measuring. There are no precursors for human consciousness.

I, for one, am very interested in seeing your proof of this assertion.


I'm interested in proof of anything he claims.

On another note your one sentence has taught me a lot about punctuation. For instance the use of the comma. And furthermore how to SPELL it was news to me!

My early childhood education continues. Thank you.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
prankmonster
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of prankmonster
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2019, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2019, prankmonster wrote:
The problem is not measuring. There are no precursors for human consciousness.

I, for one, am very interested in seeing your proof of this assertion.



Here is a wonderful article citing peer reviewed papers.

Here is a small preview:
Quote:
At some point in its evolutionary history, our species Homo sapiens ceased to be a nonlinguistic, nonsymbolic organism, living in the world as presented to it by Nature, and instead began to exist in a world that it reconstructs in its own mind. Most scientists since Darwin have been content to explain this extraordinary transformation in human consciousness by the operation of natural selection. However, the human fossil and archaeological records indicate that modern human symbolic consciousness is not the culmination of the long trend that natural selection would predict. Instead, it shows that major change in the human past has been episodic and rare and that, as far as can be determined from the archaeological record, the passage from nonsymbolic to symbolic cognition is a recent event as well as an unprecedented one. So recent, indeed, that it significantly postdates the acquisition of modern human anatomy as expressed in skeletal structure. It, thus, appears most likely that the biological (neural) capacity underwriting the radically new behavioral mode arose as an incidental exaptation in the same process that produced the new skeletal structure of Homo sapiens, but that it lay unexpressed until it was “discovered” by means of a cultural innovation, plausibly the invention of language. As in the case of the modern anatomical structure, it appears that the new capacity was initially expressed in Africa and that its various behavioral potentials were sequentially discovered in a drawn‐out process that is continuing today. An “accidental” origin of the human capacity helps understand why so many human behaviors have proven self‐destructive and contradictory, a feature of our species that reductionist, selection‐based scenarios are hard‐put to explain
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2019, prankmonster wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2019, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2019, prankmonster wrote:
The problem is not measuring. There are no precursors for human consciousness.

I, for one, am very interested in seeing your proof of this assertion.

Here is a wonderful article citing peer reviewed papers.

Here is a small preview:
Quote:
At some point in its evolutionary history, our species Homo sapiens ceased to be a nonlinguistic, nonsymbolic organism, living in the world as presented to it by Nature, and instead began to exist in a world that it reconstructs in its own mind. Most scientists since Darwin have been content to explain this extraordinary transformation in human consciousness by the operation of natural selection. However, the human fossil and archaeological records indicate that modern human symbolic consciousness is not the culmination of the long trend that natural selection would predict. Instead, it shows that major change in the human past has been episodic and rare and that, as far as can be determined from the archaeological record, the passage from nonsymbolic to symbolic cognition is a recent event as well as an unprecedented one. So recent, indeed, that it significantly postdates the acquisition of modern human anatomy as expressed in skeletal structure. It, thus, appears most likely that the biological (neural) capacity underwriting the radically new behavioral mode arose as an incidental exaptation in the same process that produced the new skeletal structure of Homo sapiens, but that it lay unexpressed until it was “discovered” by means of a cultural innovation, plausibly the invention of language. As in the case of the modern anatomical structure, it appears that the new capacity was initially expressed in Africa and that its various behavioral potentials were sequentially discovered in a drawn‐out process that is continuing today. An “accidental” origin of the human capacity helps understand why so many human behaviors have proven self‐destructive and contradictory, a feature of our species that reductionist, selection‐based scenarios are hard‐put to explain

Cool article.

However, nowhere does it mention whether there were precursors to human consciousness or not. In fact, the only mention of the word "consciousness" is in the title and in the abstract; the paper itself doesn't mention consciousness at all.

So . . . where's the proof of your assertion?
prankmonster
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of prankmonster
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2019, S2000magician wrote:

However, nowhere does it mention whether there were precursors to human consciousness or not. In fact, the only mention of the word "consciousness" is in the title and in the abstract; the paper itself doesn't mention consciousness at all.

So . . . where's the proof of your assertion?


Directly on the quote that I quoted itself, it says "the human capacity to understand". What do you understand or expect when you hear the word consciousness?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
This in no way proves your assertion.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Https://www.livekindly.co/vegan-impossib......cyPLDuec

"the Impossible Burger 'is still selling out and a top menu item nearly everywhere it's served'. Which is an impressive feat, considering more than 250 restaurants across America serve the vegan product, in at least 18 states"

"Compared to beef burgers, the Impossible Burger uses 95% less land, which is particularly promising as 'almost half of the land area of Earth is being occupied by the animal farming industry, grazing, or feed crop production,'"

"It also uses 74% less water and contributes 87% less greenhouse gas emissions to our environment."

https://www.livekindly.co/vegan-impossib......cyPLDuec



-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2019, prankmonster wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2019, S2000magician wrote:

However, nowhere does it mention whether there were precursors to human consciousness or not. In fact, the only mention of the word "consciousness" is in the title and in the abstract; the paper itself doesn't mention consciousness at all.

So . . . where's the proof of your assertion?

Directly on the quote that I quoted itself, it says "the human capacity to understand". What do you understand or expect when you hear the word consciousness?

It doesn't matter what I understand when I hear the word "consciousness".

You asserted that there were no precursors to human consciousness. Let's see the proof of that assertion.
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Popular YouTube'r the "Vegan Zombie" makes a tuna fish sandwich for his parents to try for the first time, will his dad actually like it??



-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
prankmonster
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of prankmonster
[quote]On Apr 7, 2019, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2019, prankmonster wrote:

You asserted that there were no precursors to human consciousness. Let's see the proof of that assertion.


I already gave various citations from researchers in the field describing the absolute uniqueness and the impossibility of the the human experience which is what the word consciousness describes for there is no defined definition or understanding of what that word implies. It is a term we use to describe in general the experience of 'being' a human being. Searching for one word and missing what the messages are about. If there is an assertion that there are precursors to us, feel free to find them.
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
246 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
Well... at least no one is challenging me on my Bird Mind Control link which means I have more credibility. Smile

... or the birds have already gotten to you.

Either way I feel validated!
Image
Life's like a movie, write your own ending...
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2019, prankmonster wrote:
If there is an assertion that there are precursors to us, feel free to find them.

I didn't make such an assertion.

You made the assertion that there are no such precursors.

The burden of proof is yours. Please stop trying to fob it off on someone else.

Either you have proof of your assertion, or you should retract it.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
[quote]On Apr 7, 2019, prankmonster wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2019, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2019, prankmonster wrote:

You asserted that there were no precursors to human consciousness. Let's see the proof of that assertion.


I already gave various citations from researchers in the field describing the absolute uniqueness and the impossibility of the the human experience which is what the word consciousness describes for there is no defined definition or understanding of what that word implies. It is a term we use to describe in general the experience of 'being' a human being. Searching for one word and missing what the messages are about. If there is an assertion that there are precursors to us, feel free to find them.


In other words you have made claims that you simply can not back up.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6470 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2019, JoeJoe wrote:
Popular YouTube'r the "Vegan Zombie" makes a tuna fish sandwich for his parents to try for the first time, will his dad actually like it??



-JoeJoe

Another example of Vegans trying to make their vegetables look, taste, smell, and feel like meat. Keep em coming Joe Joe, I love it!
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2019, magicfish wrote:
Another example of Vegans trying to make their vegetables look, taste, smell, and feel like meat. Keep em coming Joe Joe, I love it!


I believe his mom pointed out it tasted better than actual tuna fish ... and no mercury either. Smile

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6470 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Tasted better than actual tuna fish? Wow. That's really saying something isn't it? Because dead fish on bread is delicious right?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Every meat eater wants to be a vegan and I can prove it to you (32 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21~22~23..26~27~28 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL