The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Every meat eater wants to be a vegan and I can prove it to you (32 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..25~26~27~28 [Next]
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On May 21, 2019, tommy wrote:
Good to hear from you Lobo and we wish you and your tribe well.

Once upon a time cows were coconuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qINiB3ndGmU

Thanks, Tommy...I hope you're doing well.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Mr Salk
View Profile
Special user
Tied to
568 Posts

Profile of Mr Salk
This thread makes me thirsty for a tall glass of enslaved-bovine juice.

ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Two things; I'm watching a live-stream of Tim Tracker, who is walking through the Star Wars land in Disneyland.

They sell "blue milk," and "green milk," both of which are plant-based juices.
Tim says the "blue milk" tastes like "potpourri," (I'm not certain what "potpourri" tastes like.)
And the "green milk" tastes like a milk shake made of Fruity Pebbles!

The second thing is, I saw a news item that KFC is working on a plant based fried chicken! But they're not ready to test.

(Somebody just asked Tim Tracker on the live feed if he'd tried the "vegan meatloaf." He said he didn't know there was such a thing!)
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
The Vegans are stakeholders, rather than customers. The Vegans do not buy stuff but invest in notions. The Vegan will invest in a veg burger not because he is hungry but because he wants to save animals. The Vegans, therefore, are not capitalists, they are communists. The Vegans embrace the Marxist principle, "From each according to his abilities, to each according to his need," and apply it not just to humans but also to animals. Animal rights, class warfare, you see?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Tommy, sometimes when I read your word salad, I have to ask, "Where's the beef?"
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Smile
Corned beef has nothing to do with corn.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Well it uses "corns" of salt. That is about as much as it has to do with corn.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Mr Salk
View Profile
Special user
Tied to
568 Posts

Profile of Mr Salk
I have a serious question for ethics based vegans and vegetarians that I'm sure they hear all the time.

What is the cut-off point for an "animal" to have rights? I know it extends to the larger and smarter and more adorable species, but I don't know how far down the sentient ladder it applies.
Where do birds, fish and insects fit on the continuum? And why? Is it a matter of brain-size, intelligence or self-awareness?

magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
It's a matter of cuteness, intelligence, or whatever arbitrary attributes they decide to be desirable enough to not kill.
Most animals they just murder. Mostly by destroying habitat for their new homes, others cuz they're ugly or of diminutive size or infestations.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Although JoeJoe espouses his all life has rights theory he admits to killing and eating insects. Seems hypocritical to me.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On May 31, 2019, Mr Salk wrote:
I have a serious question for ethics based vegans and vegetarians that I'm sure they hear all the time.

What is the cut-off point for an "animal" to have rights? I know it extends to the larger and smarter and more adorable species, but I don't know how far down the sentient ladder it applies.
Where do birds, fish and insects fit on the continuum? And why? Is it a matter of brain-size, intelligence or self-awareness?

*Everyone* has a dietary line they won't cross--even meat eaters. All such lines are arguably arbitrary. You do what you feel is right for you. Humans have done a lot of murdering of other species for a long long time. There are lots of ways to come to terms with that fact. But most of us, meat-eaters and vegans, do indeed have to have some mechanism to come to terms with that.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On May 31, 2019, Dannydoyle wrote:
Although JoeJoe espouses his all life has rights theory he admits to killing and eating insects. Seems hypocritical to me.

I'm not a fan of JoeJoe's dogmatism on the subject, but I don't think he's hypocritical. You do what you can do. If a person gives a thousand dollars to a charity s/he believes in, it's not hypocritical because s/he didn't give two thousand. As humans we have limitations.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On May 31, 2019, magicfish wrote:
Most animals they just murder. Mostly by destroying habitat for their new homes, others cuz they're ugly or of diminutive size or infestations.

Well, I guess this is bait, so I guess this pescatarian will bite.

Vegetarians as a class are destroying animal habitats for their new homes? Do tell.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On May 31, 2019, landmark wrote:
Quote:
On May 31, 2019, Dannydoyle wrote:

I'm not a fan of JoeJoe's dogmatism on the subject, but I don't think he's hypocritical. You do what you can do. If a person gives a thousand dollars to a charity s/he believes in, it's not hypocritical because s/he didn't give two thousand. As humans we have limitations.

Holding others to ridiculous judgemental standards while making excuses for your own behavior is a hypocritical action. I don't care what air freshener you want to try to hang on it.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
Quote:

Vegetarians as a class are destroying animal habitats for their new homes? Do tell.

I would also point out that "murder" is a legal term. You may dislike the killing of animals, but it's simply not murder.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
It's a legal term but also a non-legal one. See for example definition 2, for the verb:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/murder
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On May 31, 2019, ed rhodes wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

I would also point out that "murder" is a legal term. You may dislike the killing of animals, but it's simply not murder.

I don't dislike the killing of animals.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Maurice Strong at the Rio Earth Summit was going on about the rights of all the animals, insects and trees etcetera when someone asked about the rights of humans and Strong angrily replied: "Well when we're finished you'll wish you had the rights of a tree." The Rio charter was written by the Rockefeller and it is a new religion they said. The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), a program of the United Nations, coordinates the organization's environmental activities and assists developing countries in implementing environmentally sound policies and practices. It was founded by Maurice Strong, its first director. A report from UNEP declared that a shift towards a vegan diet was needed to save the world from hunger, fuel shortages. The Vegan craze is simply a result of mass indoctrination. They are indoctrinated with a list of things. The indoctrinated have no choice and must agree with everything on the list. It is a waste of time arguing with the indoctrinated. All they do is preach to get others to join their cult. Just look at the title: "Every meat eater wants to be a vegan and I can prove it to you".

Tommy
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
And we're nice enough to not simply reply: "Okay, dive into the shark tank and demonstrate that a shark prefers veggies to fish. But if you want to start on this pod of Orca Whales that's okay too".

The larger problem is food distribution. Also, some who rule prefer to have their masses worried about having food to risking them questioning the nature of their local governments. You can't always trust that everyone will be so busy watching a soap opera on TV or posting about some internet meme to organize.

You'd think the costs in potable water would affect our food prices. Instead we have a subsidized market for milk, isles of dairy and beef products, and fuss over cutting the crust off our sandwiches. ?? <- what's up with that.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Like Killer whales, individual populations often specialize in particular types of prey.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m55HKChS2zk

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Every meat eater wants to be a vegan and I can prove it to you (32 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..25~26~27~28 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL