The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Every meat eater wants to be a vegan and I can prove it to you (32 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..10..13..16..19..22..26~27~28 [Next]
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
I seem to have scared off JoeJoe.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20260 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
You should have been here 4 pages ago. There are some other threads that can use that ability.

Joe Joe is not a fan of facts and proof.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Not afraid of nothing, just more important things to do than sit here and argue over the definition of words. Believe what you want to believe.

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On May 27, 2018, JoeJoe wrote:
[M]ore important things to do than sit here and argue over the definition of words.

Especially when you're wrong.
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
248 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
Quote:
On May 24, 2018, JoeJoe wrote:
Scientific research has to be criticized, I don't hide from criticism either. I welcome it.

Nobody would learn anything if we only talked to people that agree with us. Smile

-JoeJoe


AND...

Quote:
On May 27, 2018, JoeJoe wrote: Not afraid of nothing, just more important things to do than sit here and argue over the definition of words. Believe what you want to believe.

-JoeJoe


Not sure if you are a paradox or just unaware that you have a tendency to contradict yourself.

The second quote really contradicts the whole purpose of this thread that you created.
Image
Life's like a movie, write your own ending...
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Not exactly; a seed has to grow before it can bear fruit ... if I plant a seed of information in your mind, I don't expect it to bear fruit today (meaning I don't expect you to agree with me today).

And here is what I learned from this thread: without actually tasting my potato nuggets or vegan steak, I cannot "prove" it tastes better than your meat. The demonstration I described it much more powerful than a written account of it.

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
248 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
Let's try this...

You are asking us to swallow what your are offering without allowing any scrutiny. When we call you on it you move the goal post and toss out the same tomato seed defense; though rehashed to appear as new evidence.

Now stay with me on this...

Remember when you were on your bike and saw the (palm dates?) fruit on the road? Now, you didn't just pull over and pop one in your mouth and kept riding did you? No, instead you did research and found out what they were and how to make jam out of them.

I admire you conviction for a healthier lifestyle, as convictions, principles, and accountability is soon becoming a thing of the past. However, you chose to share your ideas on a forum and not a blog which is designed to create a dialog and a debate at times.

Food for thought and all that...
Image
Life's like a movie, write your own ending...
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20260 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On May 27, 2018, Mike Gainor wrote:
Quote:
On May 24, 2018, JoeJoe wrote:
Scientific research has to be criticized, I don't hide from criticism either. I welcome it.

Nobody would learn anything if we only talked to people that agree with us. Smile

-JoeJoe


AND...

Quote:
On May 27, 2018, JoeJoe wrote: Not afraid of nothing, just more important things to do than sit here and argue over the definition of words. Believe what you want to believe.

-JoeJoe


Not sure if you are a paradox or just unaware that you have a tendency to contradict yourself.

The second quote really contradicts the whole purpose of this thread that you created.


He is very aware, he simply does not care. It is easier to change definitions, obviscate, move tthe goal posts and be indignant than to admit you might not be perfect and always right about everything.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On May 27, 2018, Mike Gainor wrote:
You are asking us to swallow what your are offering without allowing any scrutiny. When we call you on it you move the goal post and toss out the same tomato seed defense; though rehashed to appear as new evidence.


I can't ask you to swallow anything over a computer; usually when I give this speech I do so while cooking potato nuggets for people to try. I wasn't planning to even post this here, but the topic came up so I figured what the heck.

The fact is virtually every food industry is shrinking except vegan ... people are aware of the fact that plant based meat is healthier, tastes better, and it better for the environment, not to mention the fact that factory farms are foul and disgusting.

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
248 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
I agree about the factory farms.

Unfortunately it cost more to eat better. I manage by simplifying my diet, but it may not work for everyone.

A year ago everyone in our office got on a health kick and set up a challenge ($). We all changed our eating habits and reached our weight loss goal. Diets as a rule do not work, but some of us have made it a lifestyle change and continue though the challenge has passed.

Fast forward a year and we have new hires in the office. One of them is drastically overweight and decided to join our new challenge. He wants to participate but is not committed to the goal. He simply doesn't want it bad enough. So we let him do him and we continue to follow our path.

This thread is similar as in a you can bring a horse to water... kind of argument, but with the exception that you aren't entertaining legitimate questions.

You may notice that I have not been pushing my high protein low carb; black bean and quinoa diet, on anyone nor is anyone else. Mine works for me but may not work for others. There are several roads to better living...
Image
Life's like a movie, write your own ending...
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20260 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On May 27, 2018, JoeJoe wrote:
Quote:
On May 27, 2018, Mike Gainor wrote:
You are asking us to swallow what your are offering without allowing any scrutiny. When we call you on it you move the goal post and toss out the same tomato seed defense; though rehashed to appear as new evidence.


I can't ask you to swallow anything over a computer; usually when I give this speech I do so while cooking potato nuggets for people to try. I wasn't planning to even post this here, but the topic came up so I figured what the heck.

The fact is virtually every food industry is shrinking except vegan ... people are aware of the fact that plant based meat is healthier, tastes better, and it better for the environment, not to mention the fact that factory farms are foul and disgusting.

-JoeJoe


This is ridiculous. "Tastes better" is purely subjective. People are not aware that plant based meat (Is that even a term for anyone but you?) tastes better. YOU throw that out there as if it is the law of gravity or something.

But if every food industry is shrinking except vegan then it should just all sort itself out anyhow. Since you plan to live forever you will get to see this happen.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On May 27, 2018, Mike Gainor wrote:
I agree about the factory farms.

Unfortunately it cost more to eat better. I manage by simplifying my diet, but it may not work for everyone.


Only if you eat processed food; if you have the time to cook your own it costs less. But not everybody can afford to do that. It seems to be always time or money.

Lots of truth in your words, I didn't just change my diet ... I changed my entire lifestyle. Smile

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On May 27, 2018, Dannydoyle wrote:
This is ridiculous. "Tastes better" is purely subjective. People are not aware that plant based meat (Is that even a term for anyone but you?) tastes better. YOU throw that out there as if it is the law of gravity or something.


No it is not ridiculous, people that try vegan food like it - that is why it is the fastest growing segment of the food industry and why virtually all non-vegan segments are shrinking. Smile

https://www.forbes.com/sites/katrinafox/......00b72144

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6487 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Dear Mother Nature,
We thank you for the plants and animals, warmth and Oxygen you provide for us to live.
But I have a question if you don't mind.
Some guy in the internet is saying that there is such thing as a shrinking non vegan segment.
Could you please tell me what that is. Thanks.
Hoping for the next sunrise and rainfall to keep us all alive,
Magicfish.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On May 27, 2018, JoeJoe wrote:
Not afraid of nothing . . .

Except, perhaps, admitting that you're wrong about humans not being animals and not being mammals.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20260 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On May 28, 2018, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:
On May 27, 2018, JoeJoe wrote:
Not afraid of nothing . . .

Except, perhaps, admitting that you're wrong about humans not being animals and not being mammals.


Oh come on be fair. He is wrong about a lot more than that and won't admit it.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
248 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
But he is consistent! You have to give him that Smile
Image
Life's like a movie, write your own ending...
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1244 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
How about this Joey? When all the animals that eat meat stop and become vegan so will I Smile Till then you need to sell your position to them in order to make a difference. The last tiger I saw was looking a little peckish and of course it has to be the meat he eats. Right?
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1244 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Quote:
On May 28, 2018, Mike Gainor wrote:
But he is consistent! You have to give him that Smile


Yes consistently wrong.
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
248 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
Wrong is not the right word; as it has a lot of seemingly personal hostility behind it, JoeJoe's issue is that he is portraying beliefs as absolutes - which don't hold up to scrutiny.

If I had to choose between a fast food burger or a black bean burger... I would choose the bean burger, though if not available Wendy's still makes a decent burger Smile
Image
Life's like a movie, write your own ending...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Every meat eater wants to be a vegan and I can prove it to you (32 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..10..13..16..19..22..26~27~28 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL