The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Every meat eater wants to be a vegan and I can prove it to you (32 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9..13..17..21..25..26~27~28 [Next]
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On May 23, 2018, Dannydoyle wrote:
You do not get to make up your own definitions. A vegan does not eat food derived from animal products. Insects are animals. That is the end of the discussion.

No, it is not the end of the discussion ... many vegans are divided on several issues, including insects.

Some vegans will not eat honey like myself, because even though they come from flowers it is technically bee vomit.

Some vegans will not eat mushrooms because they are technically not "plants" while other like myself will.

Just like anything else, there are gray areas. I don't have a problem eating insects, I do not consider them "animals". Animals are covered in "fur" - insects are not.

-JoeJoe
Watch the Pilot Episode of my new TV Show:As Seen on TV: The JoeJoe Magic Show
Learn JoeJoe's secrets at Magic Joint dot com
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19731 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Are fish covered in fur? Are birds? Are reptiles?

This is the problem with making up your own definitions.

Regardless of your own justifications insects are classified by the world at large as animals.

The definition of vegan is not about animals feeling pain, it is about using animals as commodities.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2258 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Snakes don't have fur - are they not animals?

Plants respond to damage (pain), and will communicate danger to neighboring plants when damaged.

Gorillas eat meat, btw. It's just not a major part of their diet.

Things in nature eat anything that seems like it might just be food. Or, in some cases, because said thing in nature likes how the thing they are about to eat makes them feel. I read an article a while back about jungle cats eating magic mushrooms, seemingly specifically to get high. Farmers in my area have frequently told me about cows eating the grass and grains around a silo that have begun to ferment and acting drunk.

Now, I personally don't care what you or anyone else eats. I generally like finding people who eat differently to me so I can try new foods.

But there is no truth in the idea that a vegan diet in inherently healthier. A conscientious diet is healthier - whether it includes meat/dairy or not.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
Are fish covered in fur? Are birds? Are reptiles?

Everything in nature is covered - trees are covered in bark, fish are covered in scales, birds are covered in feathers, animals are covered in fur, dirt is covered in grass, human beings are covered in skin (that's right, we are NOT "animals").

Insects are covered in "setae", stiff hair-like bristles.

I'm not sure what you would call the covering on reptiles, it seems to be something of a cross between skin and scales. Either way, I don't consider reptiles to be "clean food" but I've never had the need or desire to eat one so I haven't researched that.

-JoeJoe
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On May 23, 2018, WitchDocChris wrote:
Things in nature eat anything that seems like it might just be food.

Everything in nature is food for something else ... one day, we'll be eaten by worms.

Today, the worm eats the bird ... tomorrow the bird dies and the worm eats the bird. The worm and the bird are the same. "We are all one".

That is why it is important to respect what we eat, something that is seriously lacking in the world that we live in today. There are many great reasons to be vegan other than your own diet or animal suffering ... research it. Smile

-JoeJoe
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Check this one out ... people don't even know that "sausage" comes from a living breathing animal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZF_HNRpIA0

-JoeJoe
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
And when you are ready to see why you should hunt your own meat instead of the grocery store, just watch this video from Paul McCartney ... the "factory farm" did not exist a hundred years ago, it is not like it used to be, we have been lied to - the pictures they put on the boxes are lies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql8xkSYvwJs

-JoeJoe
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On May 23, 2018, JoeJoe wrote:
Today, the worm eats the bird ... tomorrow the bird dies and the worm eats the bird. The worm and the bird are the same. "We are all one".

That should read "today the bird eats the worm, tomorrow the bird dies and the worm eats the bird" ... typo. Smile

-JoeJoe
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19731 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Joe Joe again you can't make up definitions. Humans are animals and so ate insects. You can't redefine science. Sorry.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6091 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
Quote:
I'm sorry but no. Gorillas often bust open termite mounds to eat as well as eating ants.

I don't consider insects to be "flesh" and they lack the pain receptors that animals have. I have eaten grasshopper, very tasty.

When I really wanna freak someone out with my diet I eat a grub in front of them ... that is a nice word for "maggot". They are the only creature I know of that can turn protein back into carbohydrates, which makes them a better choice for a meal than the dead carcass they are eating.

-JoeJoe

Insects are animals. Not plants.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Will a Vegan eat a Venus Fly Trap?
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6091 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Sounds like we've got a Vegan who wants to be a meat eater- and I can prove it.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
And no ... animals do not taste good.

Three words to prove that you're wrong here:

Sa

Shi

Mi
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On May 23, 2018, Senor Fabuloso wrote:
. . . joe is last on the list to understand social morays.

But that's hardly surprising: morays are eels: meat.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
There are videos on YouTube of dogs actually pulling carrots out of the ground and eating them ... no joke ... we're talking mind blown here!!

Why's that mindblowing? Dogs have been bred to be omnivores.

Show us the YouTube video of wolves pulling carrots out of the ground and eating them. Or Jackals doing the same. Or Hyenas. Or Dingos. Or Fennecs.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
Quote:
I'm sorry but no. Gorillas often bust open termite mounds to eat as well as eating ants.

I don't consider insects to be "flesh" . . . .

What you consider them isn't really relevant; they're certainly not vegetables, so anything that eats them certainly isn't a vegan.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19731 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Vegan is a Native American word that means "bad hunter".
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6091 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
Quote:
You do not get to make up your own definitions. A vegan does not eat food derived from animal products. Insects are animals. That is the end of the discussion.

No, it is not the end of the discussion ... many vegans are divided on several issues, including insects.

Some vegans will not eat honey like myself, because even though they come from flowers it is technically bee vomit.

Some vegans will not eat mushrooms because they are technically not "plants" while other like myself will.

Just like anything else, there are gray areas. I don't have a problem eating insects, I do not consider them "animals". Animals are covered in "fur" - insects are not.

-JoeJoe

No. Animals are not covered in fur. Mammals are. Reptiles are Animals, birds are Animals, fish are Animals, Corals are Animals, insects are animals.
It matters not what Vegans are divided on. It is Zoology.
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On May 23, 2018, S2000magician wrote:
they're certainly not vegetables, so anything that eats them certainly isn't a vegan.

If you want to get technical with words, "vegetables" do not actually exist. Vegetable is culinary term used by chefs, it does not actually identify anything in nature.

http://www.tlc.com/tlcme/botanists-are-s......y-exist/

-JoeJoe
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4724 Posts

Profile of landmark
I am a vegetarian not because I love animals, but because I hate vegetables (childhood incident: giant broccoli, bad clown).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Every meat eater wants to be a vegan and I can prove it to you (32 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9..13..17..21..25..26~27~28 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL