The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Every meat eater wants to be a vegan and I can prove it to you (32 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16..26~27~28 [Next]
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2696 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
So, by your example, the first "instinctual" thing we did was eat insects. We later had to LEARN to eat nuts and fruits, and then, later still, meat.

This still doesn't prove that we are a vegan species by nature, nor does it contradict the contention that we ate meat before discovering fire.
"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Rafael Sabatini, Scaramouche
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19734 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Umm it might be called evolution. It may be that we are becoming better for it.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2019, ed rhodes wrote:
This still doesn't prove that we are a vegan species by nature, nor does it contradict the contention that we ate meat before discovering fire.

You are a primate. Primates are born with vegan bodies and vegan instincts. That is fact.

Man needs fire to eat meat, it kills germs and bacteria, and is still required to this very day ... man may have been able to get away with eating a little raw meat here and there, but he would not be able to survive on a long term basis without being able to cook meat.

It is just not possible for man to have eaten meat before he learned how to build a fire. The article I posted above points that out.

-JoeJoe
Watch the Pilot Episode of my new TV Show:As Seen on TV: The JoeJoe Magic Show
Learn JoeJoe's secrets at Magic Joint dot com
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19734 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
So JoeJoe knows more than every anthropologist ever. Got it.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6092 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2019, JoeJoe wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2019, ed rhodes wrote:

You are a primate. Primates are born with vegan bodies and vegan instincts. That is fact.

Man needs fire to eat meat, it kills germs and bacteria, and is still required to this very day ... man may have been able to get away with eating a little raw meat here and there, but he would not be able to survive on a long term basis without being able to cook meat.

It is just not possible for man to have eaten meat before he learned how to build a fire. The article I posted above points that out.

-JoeJoe

1. No they aren't.
2. No he doesn't.
3. No it isn't. I eat meat without cooking it quite often.
4. Yes he would, and he did for over 1 000 000 years.
5. Not only is it possible, it's all we did. Its why we had to follow the herd.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19734 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
JoeJoe it is right there in the term, "hunter-gatherer". It occupies 90% of human history. https://www.history.com/topics/pre-history/hunter-gatherers

But why let a little thing like the truth get in the way of what you seem to believe? How delusional.

Try reading books JoeJoe, not just things that confirm your own wacky point of view. Those people who study these things and are trained to do so share their information. You don't have to keep guessing and be so wrong.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Regular user
Lost on a Green Screen
150 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
Quote:

Smile

Quote:

-JoeJoe

Yes, fire kills everything... I mean, it's not like we have an immune system for handling bacteria.

I bet that is what killed off the Neanderthals. They ate a spot of tainted raw meat and died from a bad case of diarrhea...
Life's like a movie, write your own ending...
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15746 Posts

Profile of tommy
Man is a born fire eater.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
Quote:
On Mar 15, 2019, Dannydoyle wrote:
I am curious as to how JoeJoe defines what a fact is.

It was Nikola Tesla that said "today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality".

It was also Nikola Tesla who said, "I'll have the chicken, thank you."
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4724 Posts

Profile of landmark
There are Olympic stars who are variously vegans, vegetarians, and meat-eaters, who we all would agree are in good shape physically.

That's really all that matters isn't it? Whatever happened back in the Alley-Oop days, we've evolved so that we now have a variety of choices as to diet.

Everyone's different. Different bodies do better with different diets. Let a thousand diets bloom!

So I don't really understand meat-eaters or vegetarians arguing on the basis of health or what our species was "meant" to do either way.

If someone wants to argue in favor of one or the other diet based on perceived ethical concerns i.e. is it right to eat a formerly sentient being, or does eating meat contribute to further climate and world hunger problems, then that seems a more fruitful discussion.

Personally, what another person eats or doesn't eat doesn't concern me that much. I am a fish eater, but not a land animal eater, and I probably couldn't articulate why that is. It does have something to do with respecting animals, and distaste (!) for the whole factory mass slaughter meat industry.

If I were able to, I would like to be a vegan for ethical reasons, but I put that in the same class as buying from Amazon: To me, eating any animal including fish is wrong, but it's too hard to stop. I know my limits.
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Regular user
Lost on a Green Screen
150 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
Only one person is speaking in absolutes. Smile
Life's like a movie, write your own ending...
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19734 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea I have not seen a meat eater here doing anything but pointing out obvious misunderstanding of fact.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15746 Posts

Profile of tommy
As one grows older one losers one's appetite and one starts living on a cup of tea, burnt toast and a cigar.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19734 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Mar 15, 2019, JoeJoe wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2019, S2000magician wrote:
Speaking of lies, are you ever going to address your claim that Man didn't start to eat meat until he'd learned to create fire, when the evidence shows that Man was eating meat about 1,500,000 years before he learned to create fire?

Absolutely not, those numbers are not "facts" - they are hypothesis. I'm not going to waste my time sitting around debating other people's guesswork. If you need numbers to prove your point you don't have one.

Just have to imagine yourself waking up on a distant plant alone and naked ... not knowing what "fire" or a "knife" is, your first thought is not going to be "let's go hunt lions tigers and bears" ... that would be stupidity that would lead to the extinction of the human race before we even get started.

-JoeJoe

This claim got past me until it was pointed out to me. It is so ridiculous it probably should be pointed out.

You're right, JoeJoe, that would be stupid.

Imagine that you're a lion waking up on a distant plan[e]t alone and naked . . . not knowing what "fire" or a "knife" is. Your first thought is not going to be, "let's go hunt tigers and bears." That would be stupidity that would lead to the extinction of lions, not to mention that if you're alone you wouldn't think "let's" as that implies that you're not alone.

Imagine that you're a tiger waking up on a distant plan[e]t alone and naked . . . not knowing what "fire" or a "knife" is. Your first thought is not going to be, "let's go hunt lions and bears." That would be stupidity that would lead to the extinction of tigers.

Imagine that you're a bear waking up on a distant plan[e]t alone and naked . . . not knowing what "fire" or a "knife" is. Your first thought is not going to be, "let's go hunt lions and tigers." That would be stupidity that would lead to the extinction of bears.

Imagine that you're a lion or a tiger or a bear waking up on a distant plan[e]t alone and naked . . . not knowing what "fire" or a "knife" is. Your first thought is going to be, "let's go hunt something we can catch and eat, like a rabbit, or a squirrel, or a vole, or a marmot, or a gopher, or a mouse, or a chicken, or a pigeon, or the like." That would not be stupidity.

Now, imagine that you're a human waking up on a distant plan[e]t alone and naked . . . not knowing what "fire" or a "knife" is, and that you're not an idiot. After watching lions and tigers and bears hunt rabbits, squirrels, voles, marmots, gophers, mice, chickens, pigeons, and the like, your first thought is going to be, "let's go hunt something we can catch and eat, like a rabbit, or a squirrel, or a vole, or a marmot, or a gopher, or a mouse, or a chicken, or a pigeon, or the like." That would not be stupidity.

You are the only one using your ridiculous theories to back up your ridiculous theories.

See JoeJoe you don't have to take down a Mastodon in order to eat. Simply eating smaller animals, often without the "leather hide" IS meat eating. It is the HUGE flaw in your silly point of view.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2019, Dannydoyle wrote:
JoeJoe it is right there in the term, "hunter-gatherer". It occupies 90% of human history.

There it is right there - the lie - the hunter-gather theory is a lie. The prevailing logic was if man was a hunter-gather when he learned how to "farm", he must have always been a hunter-gather.

That is incorrect, it is not true. We now know that man did not start-out as a "hunter-gather"; he ate like the monkeys in Africa do today - when they got hungry, they found food and ate it. It was all around them, there was no need to hunt or gather it.

This lasted until there was a food shortage and man began to hunt and gather food. If your caveman is hunting, then go back further in time and you will find my caveman eating nuts and berries in the jungle without having to hunt or store anything.

Quote:
https://www.vivahealth.org.uk/healthfeatures/what-our-natural-diet-are-humans-evolutionarily-adapted-eat-animals-plants-or-both

Because we have the fossilised jaws to study, we know that these primates were herbivores and ate fruits, nuts, berries and the cambium.

-JoeJoe
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15746 Posts

Profile of tommy
Who ate all the dinosaurs?

Tommy
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2019, landmark wrote:
Different bodies do better with different diets. Let a thousand diets bloom!

So I don't really understand meat-eaters or vegetarians arguing on the basis of health or what our species was "meant" to do either way.

It is important because there have been no vegan options since man started eating meat; the word "vegan" itself is only about a hundred years old. In others words, we are being forced to eat meat.

They keep spewing lies telling people are body is meant for meat (no it is not), and that we have always eaten meat (no we have not), and that meat is healthy for us (no it is not). Then they take away all other options so we have nothing left to eat but meat - who here had a vegan menu at their school?? I'm thinking nobody. If you don't have an option, you don't have a choice.

I didn't want to drink milk as a child, with tears in my eyes I cried as they forced me to drink it anyway. When my nephew told my parents he didn't want to eat animals, my parents didn't make him. By then, I had been vegetarian long enough they realized he would grow-up just fine and healthy on a plant-based diet. He is twenty-something now and has been vegetarian of his own choice since he was only three years old (very proud!)

With every generation, more of the truth is coming out ... When I moved to this town twenty-some years ago, there was not a single "fake-meat" option at the grocery store. Now there are entire sections of grocery stores dedicated to plant-based diets. Smile

-JoeJoe
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4724 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
It is important because there have been no vegan options since man started eating meat; the word "vegan" itself is only about a hundred years old. In others words, we are being forced to eat meat.

While I'm sympathetic with much of what you say and do, I take issue with your statement that we are forced to eat meat.

I admit I am no expert on this, but my understanding is that for most of pre-industrialized history, say, before the 1850s, most people in the world had diets that were mostly vegetarian with occasional meat for flavoring. Meat as a main course was for special days or for the rich. Think rice and beans or corn tortillas and cheese or pasta with tomato sauce or the extensive use of yams throughout Africa as diet staples for most of the world's population.

And certainly today as you point out no one is forced to eat meat. There are many many alternatives available.

It is true, however, that the meat manufacturers are a very strong lobby in the US and have the power to influence what are in my opinion many socially destructive decisions.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19734 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2019, JoeJoe wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2019, Dannydoyle wrote:
JoeJoe it is right there in the term, "hunter-gatherer". It occupies 90% of human history.

There it is right there - the lie - the hunter-gather theory is a lie. The prevailing logic was if man was a hunter-gather when he learned how to "farm", he must have always been a hunter-gather.

That is incorrect, it is not true. We now know that man did not start-out as a "hunter-gather"; he ate like the monkeys in Africa do today - when they got hungry, they found food and ate it. It was all around them, there was no need to hunt or gather it.

This lasted until there was a food shortage and man began to hunt and gather food. If your caveman is hunting, then go back further in time and you will find my caveman eating nuts and berries in the jungle without having to hunt or store anything.

Quote:
https://www.vivahealth.org.uk/healthfeatures/what-our-natural-diet-are-humans-evolutionarily-adapted-eat-animals-plants-or-both

Because we have the fossilised jaws to study, we know that these primates were herbivores and ate fruits, nuts, berries and the cambium.

-JoeJoe

Simply put ridiculous.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6092 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Lunacy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Every meat eater wants to be a vegan and I can prove it to you (32 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16..26~27~28 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL