The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Cups and Balls Latimer's routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mambra
View Profile
New user
Milano (Italy)
66 Posts

Profile of mambra
Hi.

I have seen Latimer's routine, and I found it full of clever ideas. I am wondering whether it has been published somewhere...

Thanks

Stefano
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Jason has not yet published his routine or method for doing his Glass cups. He has not finished using it as his signature piece yet, but said that one day, not in the real distant future, he will be marketing the routine/props.

There is, however, a 20-year old book, published by Mickey Hades, that has a way to do some good cups and balls work with clear plastic glasses.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
mambra
View Profile
New user
Milano (Italy)
66 Posts

Profile of mambra
Hi Pete,

Thanks for replying.

I am not really interested in the props, as I am not going to perform his routine (I am quite happy with mine, which I can perform standing and - almost - sourronded: that it is something I suppose I wouldn't be able to do with Latimer's one).

Still I found his ideas very interesting, and I had to discuss with friends about how some passages worked, because I was fooled.

Do you have more information on that book of Mickey Hades, which I tried to find in Internet with no success.

Thanks again, cheers

Stefano
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Did you try the Hades website?

http://www.trickster.com
mambra
View Profile
New user
Milano (Italy)
66 Posts

Profile of mambra
Quote:
On 2004-04-28 10:53, wmhegbli wrote:
Did you try the Hades website?

http://www.trickster.com

Right now, after your suggestion.

Authors: J.L Campbell and R.J. Dayton
Title: Crystal Cups
Price: 8.25 $ AND 15.00 $ for postage!!! Smile

I'll get it anyway, I am very curious.

Thanks a lot everybody

Cheers

Stefano
C Christian
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of C Christian
You might want to try the utility device put out by MagicSmith called Enigma. Cheers Chris
John Cass
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of John Cass
Do you have a web site for Enigma?
C Christian
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of C Christian
Yep http://www.magicsmith.com
hope this helps Chris
mambra
View Profile
New user
Milano (Italy)
66 Posts

Profile of mambra
Quote:
On 2004-04-30 01:07, C Christian wrote:
You might want to try the utility device put out by MagicSmith called Enigma. Cheers Chris

What is it for?

Stefano
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
It is for $40.00 with a DVD. Smile
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
Hmmm.....it looks like another method for an impromptue chop cup routing, where you "chop" the cup in the performance.

Just wondering, but did Jason use something similer? I haven't had a chance to see his routine anywhere...
mambra
View Profile
New user
Milano (Italy)
66 Posts

Profile of mambra
Quote:
On 2004-05-10 00:09, MacGyver wrote:
Hmmm.....it looks like another method for an impromptue chop cup routing, where you "chop" the cup in the performance.

Just wondering, but did Jason use something similer? I haven't had a chance to see his routine anywhere...

I do not believe Latimer's routine uses such gimmickes.

Anyhow, I can do an "impromptu" (a-ehm) chop cup routine just borrowing a cup and a banknote (a la Patrick Page).

Much cheaper than 40$ - but no DVD! Smile

Cheers

Stefano
tommy k
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of tommy k
I was fortunate enough to not only see the routine but also to talk with Mr. Latimer about it at this years IBM convention.

His routine is certainly original. He did elude to the fact that there are props associated with the routine. At this point I feel strongly that it is entirely up to him to reveal what the "gimmick" is as this is his signature routine.

He is looking at making the transition from close up to stage. I can't wait to see what original ideas he comes up with on a large scale.

Again, it sure is a beautiful routine!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Cups and Balls Latimer's routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL