The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Custom Loose Chip Stack for Shell Game (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Stperformer
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of Stperformer
Over in 'Ever So Sleightly', the Loose chip stack for the 3 shell game was mentioned. I reckon many of you lot haven't heard of this item so I thought a quick review of the item would be of interest.

What is the Loose Chip Stack?.....well it is a stack of chips that allow you to hide an extra pea in the 3 Shell Game. Having a extra pea in play allows the operator to fairly turn over a shell NOT selected and show it as a winner. The other pea can then be stolen out of the winner, showing it as a looser.

The beauty of the Chip Stack is that you can steal or hide the pea immediately, showing both hand empty. And right under the spectators nose. Half the chips are gimmicked and half are not so you can hand out some of these chips for spectators to bet.

This is an awesome strategy. One that I've fooled the heck out of those who are knowledgeable.

The stack I use, I got from 3shell.com and you can see them here. They are at the bottom of the webpage. Scroll down.

http://www.3shells.com/accessories.html

These are also the best looking chips I've seen/owned. Combine these chips with a decent back clip and set of Bottom Ridge Shells and you'll kill. Like most good things, you'll have to put in some practice and thought on their use (both shells and stack), but you'll have something that goes beyond what everyone else does.

Curious, does anyone else here own and use the Chip Stack? Thoughts.
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
Quote:
On May 25, 2018, Stperformer wrote:
Over in 'Ever So Sleightly', the Loose chip stack for the 3 shell game was mentioned. I reckon many of you lot haven't heard of this item so I thought a quick review of the item would be of interest.

What is the Loose Chip Stack?.....well it is a stack of chips that allow you to hide an extra pea in the 3 Shell Game. Having a extra pea in play allows the operator to fairly turn over a shell NOT selected and show it as a winner. The other pea can then be stolen out of the winner, showing it as a looser.

The beauty of the Chip Stack is that you can steal or hide the pea immediately, showing both hand empty. And right under the spectators nose. Half the chips are gimmicked and half are not so you can hand out some of these chips for spectators to bet.

This is an awesome strategy. One that I've fooled the heck out of those who are knowledgeable.

Curious, does anyone else here own and use the Chip Stack? Thoughts.

Although it has been awhile since I’ve played, I have, and have used the stack. It’s an awesome accessory.
benhart
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of benhart
The Loose Chip Stack is different than the Sheet Stack, they are not a copy. They work totally different with high-quality chips.

They do not have to be used with a magnetic pea and the chips are not glued together, into a stack. I have the Loose Chip Stack that "Stperformer" is talking about and they are Great!

I got the Loose Chip Stack at http://www.3shells.com/

Benhart
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
I don’t think that makes a hill of beans which one you use. If the spec challenges either one, it’s the operator, not the stack.
benhart
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of benhart
Of course, the operator of any trick is the most important. But the product is also important. That is what I like about 3shells/com. He thinks outside the box. Makes up something completely new or he makes something old new with a different twist, that surprises others. That they can't figure out. Also, the quality is always there. Plus great service. To each his own.
Benhart
Max T. Oz
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Max T. Oz
Here's a very quick vid/demo of moi using the stack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS4G4z8XP4Y

A very advantagous tool, indeed Smile
Magic_son
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of Magic_son
Great job with the shells. I use Bob Sheets stack, love it..... been using it for years to pick up the pea at the end....
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
I used the stack to introduce and pick up the second pea, but decided that it was overkill. Just one more piece to carry and depend upon.
shellgame-al
View Profile
Veteran user
Arizona, USA
352 Posts

Profile of shellgame-al
Jakeg - from reading your post it is easy to see that you don't know how the "Loose Chip Stack" is used.

So here is a link to show it and a PDF file that gives some handling tips.
Also shows the new "Loose Chip Stack Rack. https://4photos.weebly.com/

jakeg - post; I don't think that makes a hill of beans which one you use. If the spec challenges either one, it's the operator, not the stack.

Reply; There would never be any reason for the spectator to challenge the Loose Chip Stack, as there is no magnet and the chips are not glued together.
All the chips can be spread out to show both sides of the chips.
The operator's stack can also be shown from the bottom to be a normal loose chip. The operator's chips always appear to be the same as the player's chips.

jakeg - post; I used the stack to introduce and pick up the second pea, but decided that it was overkill. Just one more piece to carry and depend upon.

Reply; You have not used the "Loose Chip Stack. My opinion is you are missing the big picture on using betting chips with the shell game.
It's more about the spectator having some hands-on involvement with the game for more fun, not just for bringing in an extra pea or getting rid of a pea.
There are many ways that this can be done without the chip stack. But the Loose Chip Stack can help with both.

But this is just my option and you have a right to your own.

Hope this is of some help for the ones that don't know how the Loose Chip Stack can be used.

Al
Manufacture of 3 Shell Game Sets & 3 Disk Monte Sets
3shells.com and magicswindles.com
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
I’m not clear about the difference in the stacks, the stack I have has several lose chips on the top. I’d really like to see a demo so I can see the difference in how they’re used.
shellgame-al
View Profile
Veteran user
Arizona, USA
352 Posts

Profile of shellgame-al
Did you click on the link and open the PDF file at the bottom of the new product page that explains the handling?

All the chips are loose chips. There is no use of a magnet and none of the chips are glued together.

Five loose chips for the player or players and five loose chips for the operator.
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
Thanks Al. I’ll take a look at it this evening.
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
Thanks al. That is very clever.
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
Hi Al, I did read about the loose stack last night. It is well thought out, but, I personally can’t justify the need.

By the way, love your discs. If I could still do shows, I’d jump on them.
shellgame-al
View Profile
Veteran user
Arizona, USA
352 Posts

Profile of shellgame-al
Hi jakeg,

I wasn't trying to sell you anything. Only to explain how the chip stack works and I understand adding chips to the game is not for everyone.

Thank you,
Al
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
Hi Al, I really didn’t mean to imply that you were trying to sell me anything. Sorry if I wasn’t clear.
shellgame-al
View Profile
Veteran user
Arizona, USA
352 Posts

Profile of shellgame-al
No, I didn't take it that way, I was just explaining my intentions.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Custom Loose Chip Stack for Shell Game (9 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL