The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » K*y card favorites (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
I feel I under-utilise this principle in my SW trick collection. Smile

The only tricks I do with a KC are:
The circus card trick
Nervous card

There's got to other good ideas out there I'm missing? Smile
AJ MAJIC
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of AJ MAJIC
Emotional Reaction by Dai Vernon Smile
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
723 Posts

Profile of ejohn
Two beauts: Wayne Dobson's COMPATIBILITY on Big Blind Media's Awesome Self Working Card Tricks DVD, and Sal Piacente's 4,5,6-Packet Trick in his Lecture Notes Vol. 2 DVD.
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Cheers for the info guys Smile
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Jean Hugard's "Encyclopedia of Card Tricks" has an entire chapter devoted to magic with Key Cards (as well as other chapters that are devoted to other easily learned principles of card magic). One source: https://www.amazon.com/Encyclopedia-Card......86212521
carlyle
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of carlyle
If you count a Br*****r C***p as a key, I use it in half the "pick a card" type tricks I know…

Using normal cards, the "Circus Card Trick" is also one I like.

Jack Parker's "Done Burying" (52 Memories) is another I really like - I find it quite surprising and not hard to do. A nice trick, I really enjoy it.

"Palatino" by Aldo Colombini is another one of my favourites (his version of Ryan Matney's "Desolation Row", from the book "Strictly Impromp2"). It's a version of the Hofzinser idea, here the selection changes places with a queen of the same suit. True, as written it does not use a key. But having a card selected, returned and then removing the four queens - a key is an obvious and simple alternative.

Using double keys, "Computer Mind" is an interesting trick. It's in the "Self-Working Card Tricks" book by Karl Fulves. Perhaps a false cut /shuffle would enhance it after the procedure (and maybe the card could be found missing, and produced from the pocket or perhaps reversed in the deck, instead of just naming it/finding it).
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

More good stuff guys - thanks Smile. So much can be done with something so humble Smile
Yowie_
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Yowie_
Check out Ryan Shlutz's Effortless Effects for some nice keycard tricks and a very useful idea called the GAP principle.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Do As I Do.

Yes, I know it's in every beginner's magic book, but it's still a great trick with great impact.
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
I guess the circus card trick- since I read just recently around here that it is the same as Turnover Card from CCIM. Love that trick and it gets great reactions.
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
Zedd
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
270 Posts

Profile of Zedd
Kizmet from Michael Vincent!!
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
John Carey has some nice touches using this principal.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
A Condition of Balance
adiabaticman
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
144 Posts

Profile of adiabaticman
Magicfish, can you please provide a reference for A Condition of Balance? Thanks.
Watching those electrons dance on the adiabat, from Franck-Condon to the Asymptote.
will lane
View Profile
Veteran user
Will likes to post so he has made
339 Posts

Profile of will lane
A great opener effect to do is to use the mechanic but do a wrong reveal. Then perform a color change to the correct card. It hits really great for a starter effect as it is not too strong, but sets the stage for the rest of your performance.
MikeBeaudet
View Profile
Loyal user
Becancour
228 Posts

Profile of MikeBeaudet
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2018, adiabaticman wrote:
Magicfish, can you please provide a reference for A Condition of Balance? Thanks.

See Roberto Giobbi, Card College Lighter p.66
Enjoy!
Do your best and forget the rest
adiabaticman
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
144 Posts

Profile of adiabaticman
Thank you ThePhoenix!
Watching those electrons dance on the adiabat, from Franck-Condon to the Asymptote.
Ironjim
View Profile
New user
Northern Ca
50 Posts

Profile of Ironjim
There's a great effect on Sal Paciente's Expert Card Magic - vol 2. He goes over the us of KC a bit as well. I have not performed this yet - I'm still practicing and learning the theory behind this one - but the performance was awesome and I couldn't immediately figure it out.
Kevin Janise
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Kevin Janise
John Carey's version of Emotional Reaction by Vernon is great! I like how the key card is spotted. Fooled me.

It's on Impossible Card Locations and is called Emotional Reaction Plus.

Kevin
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
I am taking cards seriously for the first time. It does not take long to notice how a key card makes things so much easier and more practical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » K*y card favorites (12 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL