The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Chinese Coins (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bridgehouse
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Bridgehouse
I'm looking for a set of Chinese coins that look alike, are half-dollarish in size (so 28-31mm) and are brass, but not painted. The usual eBay searches seem to provide single coins but not ones that match..

Any ideas where I might be able to source some?
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8155 Posts

Profile of Mb217
*Check out my latest: Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Bridgehouse
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Bridgehouse
Quote:
On May 31, 2018, Mb217 wrote:
Try here... Smile

www.tomladshawmagic.com/chinese-luohanqi......lar-size

Thanks for the link - not seen that site before. Are they the same coins as the ones you can get direct from China? I thought they were painted but I could be wrong of course!
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8155 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Not sure (don't think so) but know this site is reputable for good magic, but these don't look painted, they look to be made to appear of a more aged look to them...

And here's a great deal on a set of them. Smile

www.tomladshawmagic.com/chinese-luohanqi......ster-set

And a little review from a Café member on them... Smile

Quote:
On May 22, 2018, StrangeMagick wrote:
I just purchased a set of the half dollar sized From Tom Ladshaw with a [ and a fli**per. These are very well made, have a great price ... plus I ordered them on Thursday and they showed up in my mailbox on Monday morning! Highly recommended. Oh, yea, ... the coins fit nicely in an expanded half dollar [.

I would recommend these to anyone.

Dave

Good journey to you... Smile
*Check out my latest: Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

Bridgehouse
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Bridgehouse
Thanks Mb217 really useful info!

I may just have to order a few to see and I'll report back!
Bridgehouse
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Bridgehouse
I've ordered three. He's also got some thinner Yuan coins too so I've ordered three of them as well! If they suit then I might get a [ to go with them.

Will report back.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3534 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Pm me I can help you.
NEW MANUSCRIPT - TWILIGHT ZONE WILD COIN. All New!! As seen on Penn and Teller Fool Us! PM for details!
Rattle purse 2.0 now available! PM me for details!
New FOUR hour Penguin Live lecture TWO with 23 NEW routines, available for download at: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7338
Penguin Live lecture One is THREE hours long, and contains 18 coin effects! Available as a dvd or download from Penguin at http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/5960
New York Coin Magic Seminar dvd series available for download at: https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/magic-dvds/new-york-coin-magic-seminar-downloads/
NEW!! At The Table 2 hour lecture download OR DVD containing 11 routines, including THREE never taught before! Download and dvd avaliable at http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S22380 or http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S22833
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
7775 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Tom is an old and very dear friend of mine. He will treat you "right".
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Bridgehouse
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Bridgehouse
Quote:
On Jun 1, 2018, Dick Oslund wrote:
Tom is an old and very dear friend of mine. He will treat you "right".

Ordered, dispatched, on the way and excellent communications - even refunded me a small amount. Perfect.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8155 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Just checking back here...So, how did it go with this? Smile

Bridgehouse
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Bridgehouse
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2018, Mb217 wrote:
Just checking back here...So, how did it go with this? Smile

Delivered all the way to the UK - perfect condition and good coins. Very happy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Chinese Coins (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL