The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Cellini's Cups and Balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Shorty
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
80 Posts

Profile of Shorty
Hi Ronnie,

I am not sure, but did you say Cellini's Book isn't so great? And now you use Cellini's C&B Routine? So the Book could be so bad, or...?

I tell you, if you're not a "200-card trick magician", just this Routine is ten times the money of the book's worth.

Greetings.

René
saturnin
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
964 Posts

Profile of saturnin
Hi René,

If you re-read my post, you will notice that I did NOT put down the material in the book. What I complained about were the poor explanations in some routines, and the lack of it in others, the spelling/grammar mistakes and, of course, the editing that is purely crap.

Even Jamy Ian Swiss said so in his Genii book review!

My two cents.

Ronnie Lemieux
There is no road to happiness,

happiness is the road!
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
C&B routines abound with most experts considering the final loads to be the main feature of the trick.

With this in mind, I have tried out many including those in the Cellini book. Working street shows I find (and this is a personal view) that to get to the climax of the C&B takes a little time no matter what route you take. What with the asides and jokes which can be inserted within this trick to cut back drastically worked for me (less is better and more direct), so I plumped for the Pat Page Cups and sponges (but done with the standard cups and balls instead). This way the first of the final loads is dealt with in the opening seconds. The stage area is focused down to two cups then one, which gives logic and build so the actual loading is less easy to cop by the speckies. Add to this an extra 4th load on the final reveal plus the hat production (6 plates of ham and eggs).

Thanks, Jimmy Haviland. For me it swings.

Also to forget the sequence of moves is next to impossible enabling for more effort to go into the presentation.
BerkleyJL
View Profile
Veteran user
Chicago, IL
397 Posts

Profile of BerkleyJL
I've been playing with eliminating cups one at a time while preparing them for the final sequence as well. I don't know about the Pat Page routine, but I got my idea from "The Magic of Michael Ammar" in his Standing Cups and Balls. I'm still not brave enough to lay loaded cups on their side though, because sometimes I get surrounded unexpectedly.

I suppose if I place them in the center of the table, toward the back (mouth facing my body) it might cover enough. I'll have to try it once or twice.
I need a stage name.

Joe Berkley
martysh
View Profile
Elite user
Greenville,SC
466 Posts

Profile of martysh
I love eliminating one cup at a time. I used to lay them down, but now I just set them aside together off my right side (I use a large portable table ).

Just keep the option open to lay them down.

I have fun saying in between, "but you know...three cups are too much to keep track of (soon after), but you know.... two cups...

I love that part and certainly enjoy the loads that later follow.

It plays well for me.

marty
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Yes, I have to agree. By the way I had not considered laying the cups on their sides. Just load as per usual and push off to the right on the table top with "Maybe you think I'm using too many cups."

Also the hat load method I use is to re-position all the three loaded cups in a line, then cover the centre cup with your hat using the words "I have vanished my balls now to vanish the cup", do the false call (peeping under the brim, saying it's gone, so I'm going to try and make it come back, etc., etc.) With the reveal of the cup you could load anything under the hat.

Now give it some space. Show centre cup final load (loading this cup again). Now show all the loads,leave the table area completely, bung in some hat lines with the closing words, "Did the oranges suprise you?" Double take. "Well, this is the one that suprised me." Lift hat, show melon, etc.

Try it.
Shorty
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
80 Posts

Profile of Shorty
Hi Ronnie,

Sorry if I understood you wrong, but as far as I know it is the C&B after site 31.

This Book is not just for Streetworkers, this Book is for magiciana who like to work any time any place und under any condition. Look at Grove's nook, wonderful grammar, but just crap inside. If a Magician would ask you for advise, which one would you tell him to buy?

This should not be against you. I just did not understand why magicians should save their money for another book. Because of bad grammar? Let's buy a Card magic Book?

Sorry, I disagree.

Greetings.

René
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Cellini's Cups and Balls (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL