The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Osaka Bills? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
Would anybody here happen to have the Osaka Bill Production (something like that...)? What are your opinions on it? Thanks!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Daffy here. Yup. The old Daff has this trick.

My opinion? With practice, this is a GORGEOUS production of paper bills at your fingertips.

The set up takes a little while, but is well worth it.

If done correctly, the bills appear at your fingertips with a crisp, clean snap and in a continuous flow, depending on how many you preset.

You can do it with any denomination, any currency, even foreign, if you wish.

The video is adequate in explaining how to set it up and perform it.

John Gallow has been doing it for a long, long time, and in his hands, it looks SOOO magical. But really, the mechanics of the production are quite simple, allowing you to focus on presentation.

Yes, I love and recommend this unique, pretty, and satisfying fingertip bill production with my heartiest thumbs up!

If you need to know more, then just PM me, OK?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I have this video, it is a nice production of bill, taken from Tarbell and Pat Pages bill production. It is just a simpler fold preparation of the bills.

I did not find anything on how to get into the steal for the production. There is nothing on the tape that gives any suggestions on presentation. This is totally left up to the purchaser. I was hoping for a live presentation during a show, there was none.

Therefore, it is a trick without a beginning or an end. In practicing I found that you can tear the bill easily if you use new bill.

I would say to save your money. If you are just curious then purchase it.
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1384 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
I really like Osaka Bills. There is a trick you can do to keep the bills from ripping. It involves folding the corner inward so that the pivot point is not so sharp.

Getting into the steal is fairly simple too. a thumb palm, or just hide it behind an open bill to start out.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I orginally wanted to do while in a misers dream routine. I wanted to do a unseen steal, not take from wallet while removing a bill.

The fold you mention is not on the video.

I am broken hearted about not being able to do this.
clivealive
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of clivealive
I saw Jahn Gallo's lecture the other week and he demonstrated the Osaka Bills, awesome, very slick further details can be found on his site http://www.gallo-magic.com/1.html
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
A fairly simple paperclip-safety pin holder pinned under the edge of your jacket will allow you to hold a packet of bills just waiting for you to invisibly steal them for the individual bill production a la’ Misers Dream or set up for a fan of bills production.

I steal two packets of bills from under my coat (one on each side) in the process of my Misers Dream routine. I have them folded for a fan production. Snap, spread and a fan of seven bills, snap, spread and a fan of seven more.

I have also performed a Misers Dream just using bills and starting with a packet of bills finger palmed in the same manner I would start with one stack of coins.

The Misers Dream using coins I use is Wally Dean's. It produces several coins and legitimately tosses them into a container rather than use the drop method and producing the same coin over and over. Thus the transition to using Gallo’s brilliant Osaka bills for a Misers Dream is quite easy. The steals are the same and the bills are not that much more difficult to conceal than a stack of five silver dollars.

I have used crisp new bills and haven’t had one rip yet.

Try the search function. Sometime ago (maybe even last year) there was a long thread discussing this. There was a nice link of a young European magician producing hundreds of bills all over the stage. It was very upbeat and magical appearing.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
jahngallo
View Profile
New user
Sweden
5 Posts

Profile of jahngallo
Quote:
there was a long thread discussing this. There was a nice link of a young European magician producing hundreds of bills all over the stage. It was very upbeat and magical appearing.

Hi there,
you will find the video here: http://www.gallo-magic.com/2.html

Video clip from Andrew Blackberry,KIM Club Praha performing The Osaka Bills.

Very talented young man!!!
Jahn Gallo
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Osaka Bills? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL