The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coins Through Table (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Chris Thibault
View Profile
Elite user
Massachusetts
469 Posts

Profile of Chris Thibault
I used Sankey's routine "Ups and Downs" for a while. I tend to use a Troy Hooser routine regulaly right now. It uses a gimmick, but it's great!
-Chris
James Harrison
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
762 Posts

Profile of James Harrison
If you haven't seen Syldini perform it, then you haven't seen it done the best way it can.

I watch Sankey do his version, was impressed, watched David Roth do his and was stunned.

But when I watched Syldini do it on Dick Cavett show, it blew my mind.

"You know why you do see it, 'cause you don't watch."

I love that line!

Syldini made this a classic routine in my mind.
Mike Wild
View Profile
Inner circle
NY, PA, TX, MA, FL, NC
1290 Posts

Profile of Mike Wild
That one, and

"...you know what you're trouble is? Too many coins..."

Mike
<><>< SunDragon Magic ><><>

"Question Reality... Create Illusion"
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Re:"If you haven't seen Slydini perform it, then you haven't seen it done the best way it can. "

Slydini is dead. Sorry. It's too late to sit with him and watch the trick happen. And it's just plain nasty to tease people who will never have that opportunity now.

He did what was right for him. It's up to us to do what is right for us now. That means each of us... individually.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2004-04-28 12:27, WildStone wrote:
RE: "I agree with Mike on Sankey's version- a real eye popper. What resources exist that show Slydini performing this effect?"

Not too many Tedski. The Dick Cavett show tapes show Slydini's handling of the coins through, along with many of his other classic coin routines... Aside from that, I don't think there is any other multimedia materials.

Mike

Mike, is there anyway to obtain and view those tapes you mentioned?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
I had a stand-up coins 4 coins through A glass table top in print A few years Ago! It's somewhere In the 20th year of Apocalypse! And I have a 3 coins up through that's not in print yet! And a backfire 4 coin handling that's not in print yet!

Best David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2957 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
I like Derek Dingle's International Coin Trick. I also like my own version of it.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

It may be that David Neighbors is the expert on the classic plots in magic. He sure seems to give these effects a thorough exploration.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Hay thanks Jon!
And If we are talking About International Coins trough the table I had A backfire handleing in print in 1987 In my book coinjurering!

Best David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

David,

Have you played with the Kaps coin squash? The one where you make a pile on the table and they all go through at one time? It seems a very good trick and I bet you either have already or could solve the problem of how to pull the thingie effectively so the action is smooth. Also, how many coins is the best to squash at once?

Best to you,

Jon
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Hi Jon,
No I have not gotten around to playing with it yet. But it is on my list of stuff to play with (as is a lot of other stuff!) Just so much cool stuff and not much Time! Smile
Best David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Quote:
On 2004-04-28 13:49, Curtis Kam wrote:
...On another note, does anyone else remember Jimmy Grippo's coins through the table? I recall seeing this on television many, many years ago. This was as simple and direct as can be. A single coin is seen at your fingertips, tapped on the table, and it passes right through. This is repeated.

Yes I remember it well. Jimmy had me hold my hand under the table as he held onto my wrist. It was just spooky feeling the coin land in my hand all by itself. I miss the old guy.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
I meant to post this sooner, but didn't have time before and just remembered today. My post earlier about David Roth's "Squash" routine is in fact Kaps' routine. Thanks Jonathan for informing me of this.

Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Dean Dill
View Profile
1947 - 2015
248 Posts

Profile of Dean Dill
I will be releasing my new "Coins Thru Table" very soon. In all the years I have been doing coins thru, I have never received this kind of response. I am hearing, "Do that again" over and over. With the revolutionary new ending, I am getting gasps. Thanks to Jamie Schoolcraft and an idea by Bobby Schulgold this effect will stand alone. And it is not difficult to do. I will have three different routines that will give everyone options for all venues. It is so hard to find routines that can be done anywhere anytime. You can stand or sit. It will be on DVD with all the info. No lapping necessary. STAY TUNED.

Dean Dill
Sean Osiris
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Sean Osiris
I like Paul Wilsons coin through from his book 13

Sean
Mike Wild
View Profile
Inner circle
NY, PA, TX, MA, FL, NC
1290 Posts

Profile of Mike Wild
Very good news about Dean's upcoming release. I, for one, am looking forward to it.

I hope we Todd L. clients will be able to perform it as well! Smile

Best,

Mike
<><>< SunDragon Magic ><><>

"Question Reality... Create Illusion"
Roland B
View Profile
New user
Paris(France)
41 Posts

Profile of Roland B
I always get the same reactions with mine, people say "do it again", I guess somebody already had the same kind of idea, so I have to publish it very quickly. It will be in the french magazine "l'Illusionniste", but I will translate it in English. If some of You are interrested, just let me know by Email, I'll let You now when he English version of the description is ready.
Rolangicien
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

I submitted a couple of methods that were published in Apocalypse long ago. The seem to stand the test of time IMHO. One uses a gaffed coin, the other just uses my bare (but naturally sticky) hands.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Cellini does sydinis version very, very well.....cellini spent a lot of time working with Slydini....the coins actually go through the table nine times I beleive.....he also does his one coin routine which was part of the coins through routine.....cellini is lecturing this fall on Slydini....starting in septeember....if your club is interested in hosting the cellin9i Slydini lecture...please contact me...

trust me...this is the closest thing to Slydini on this planet...TRUST ME!

should be a great lecture

koz
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I have seen Dill do his new version and it KILLS... I will be seeing him today and... heheheh
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coins Through Table (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL