The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Name-it by Paul Hamilton (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
I was fortunate enough to get a pre-publication copy of this from Paul. We do not know each other, except through FB.

“Name-it” is a very clever “spectator as mentalist” effect. It is a bit bold but pays off quite nicely in the end.

This is Paul’s description of the effect.
“A deck is shuffled by yourself and the spectator. They can look over the deck to see it’s a full and normal looking deck. Once they are happy the deck is well mixed you take it and slide one card out , face down onto the table or onto their hand. They are asked to see a card in their mind and name it. The card they name is the card put on the table (in their hand) . The rest of the audience are stunned that their friend nailed it.”

And this is, in fact, pretty much exactly the way it goes. I cannot tell the how, because that is what Paul is selling (at a very reasonable price), but I can tell you it works. This effect does require that you do a little something in the way of, let’s call it, arts and crafts work, but is nothing anything a third grader. And this only has to be done once.
When you are ready to go, Paul has provided an excellent script for this simple, yet strong, effect and it is quite important to the flow of the routine. He even provides an additional note on what to do to head off the occasional wise guy or uncooperative participant. It a very nice subtlety – and is also part of the scripting.
There is also a section for how to do this doing a deck switch. I do not even think it is necessary as the basic method will leave everyone scratching their heads, wondering how you enabled their friend to do what they just did.

Great for parlor or stage, which is why I was interested in it in the first place.

Highly recommended.

Preston Heller
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Do you have a link?
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Not yet. It will officially be released on Friday.
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Hi Preston, I notice you say ideal for stage and parlour what about close up ?
Cheers Tim
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
IMHO, this is an effect than needs a decent sized audience (for reasons I cannot talk about).
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Sounds interesting. Does this involve DR or IS?
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Papa Legba
View Profile
Special user
home-an unremarkable spiral arm of an insignificant galaxy
750 Posts

Profile of Papa Legba
Wow! this thread just stopped???
Use the FORCE Luke.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Name-it by Paul Hamilton (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL