The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Morritt Cage Illusion/Witch Doctor Illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Daktari
View Profile
Regular user
USA
154 Posts

Profile of Daktari
I am in the process of designing a new illusion sequence and have decided to use a Paul Osbornes variation of the old Morritt Cage Illusion, The Witch Doctor Illusion. I was wondering if anyone out there has used this illusion or one of its variants and could give me insight on do's and don't's, presentational angles, etc.? Also is it would it be possible to screen the switch with fog instead of the curtain or would it detract from the speed with which the switch takes place? In what format does it seem more effective: production, vanish or switch/change?
Thanks in advance!
HarbinJr.
View Profile
Elite user
I only have
450 Posts

Profile of HarbinJr.
I would recomend that you get Jim STeinmeyer's book Art and ARticfice. In there he talks bout Morritts mirrors and all. Its very educational. I don't know bout screening with fog instead of curtain, its a interesting idea just not sure bout it. You ask which format it would be better to perform in? What are you wanting to do? Its a multi use illusion. You can do many things in it, it just depends on what YOU want to do with it. I wish you the best of luck with it. Have fun!

Robert
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Morritt Cage Illusion/Witch Doctor Illusion (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL