The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Blink by Looch (165 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..17~18~19 [Next]
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3319 Posts

Profile of Looch
A couple of people expressed that they haven't seen wallets or leather business card cases with stitched on and embossed logos. Well the ideal for BLINK came after I walked around a market last year where I came across a case that looked very similiar to how BLINK turned out. There were lots of variants with different size and shape logos embossed into a seperate piece of leather and stitched in place. A quick google search will pull up whole pages of them...

For me BLINK represents a Peek Case that you are in control of handling wise. You are not dictated by its inherent design like many others and the front, back and sides are all clean before and after the peek.
Smile
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1768 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Looch, you have made what looks like an excellent product. The issue should not be about guessing how it works but whether how it works is of interest/use to a purchaser. By being open about the design you are allowing people to make that informed choice.

For what it's worth I showed the video to my magic-hating wife and she liked it. I did say "Can I spend £100 on it then?" and she gave me *that look*.

Congratulations and I hope you sell loads!
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3049 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Ok guys even if Looch is a good friend of mine I would like to share my opinion.
Looch showed me this a year ago and I was really impressed with the concept. In Italy we have some business cards holder that actually has the logo embossed on it, this why for me was a “normal prop”.
It is a peek case and does his job very well. I understand most of you will see this as magician point of you but trust me, this is in real life will go as a normal business card holder (this is how I will use it) it is also an elegant case to have anyway.
Im sure that when real reviews will come in and people will test in real performances you will understand the power of it.
Hope this help.
Thanki
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3319 Posts

Profile of Looch
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2018, David Numen wrote:
By being open about the design you are allowing people to make that informed choice.

Hi David, thanks for your post. The above quote is exactly the ethos behind Read My Mind Ltd, Over on the FB page there are dozens of posts showing the designs and developments of the product so people following can see the process from conception to reality. You should pay us a visit, very friendly place: https://www.facebook.com/Readmymindltd/
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2276 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
I've seen plenty of wallets/business card cases like this. Just recently took my father in law to the Harley factory and half of the wallets and stuff they had on offer there had the raised/embossed patch. It's a popular style.

There's no reason to doubt Lior's statements. If he says it's good, then I believe him.

If I had the spare money I'd probably already have ordered this. I was just thinking about getting or creating a new business card case and was thinking about a peek for it.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2212 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I have this on order and will be glad to review when I have received it.

I thought long and hard before ordering but, from the photos, it is obvious that this wallet is excellent quality and another factor I liked was the necessary could be done at leisure and casually, allowing time (if needed) to actually see the card rather than rely on a momentary glimpse. Anyway, hope to have mine soon.

Neil
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18262 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Whatever happened to "ok, that's not for me, but good luck with it?"...

besides, anyone with a modicum of sense and time can find all kinds of business card cases (this isn't a wallet)...and any one of them could be described as 'different' if your viewpoint is narrow...

i mean, if you want to go prestige, high end, then this isn't too disimilar in some ways...
https://www.reebonz.com/vn/gianni-versac......-1560290

your value/worth by owning certain things, looking a certain way, all tie in with how you can be perceived...

there are plenty of variables out there...for some, crocodile skin is "weird" to others, its attractive and high end...

besides the vid I saw is just a quick and dirty demo, its not a performance...
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1475 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2018, IAIN wrote:

besides, anyone with a modicum of sense and time can find all kinds of business card cases (this isn't a wallet)...and any one of them could be described as 'different' if your viewpoint is narrow...

i mean, if you want to go prestige, high end, then this isn't too disimilar in some ways...

your value/worth by owning certain things, looking a certain way, all tie in with how you can be perceived...

there are plenty of variables out there...for some, crocodile skin is "weird" to others, its attractive and high end...

Good thoughts Iain. Agreed
tomd
View Profile
Special user
577 Posts

Profile of tomd
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2018, IAIN wrote:

Preach!

I can't afford this.. but it looks good! Good luck with the release!
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3319 Posts

Profile of Looch
A huge batch of orders were posted today, so within the next few days people will start to receive theirs. At that point people will, if they want to, begin to talk about BLINK. I for one am delighted with the way this has come out, from the early designs and prototypes I shared on the group up to the final manufacturing sample. Its a fantastic peek case and will absolutely fly by your audiences, this is genuinely one of the best peeks that I've ever created, and am rather proud of it!

Thanks to those who have supported BLINK so far. Smile
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3296 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Looks good. Probably not a realistic option, but it might be nice to have some options for the embossed part, or better yet - customizable.
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1620 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
That would be cool but the tooling required for the leatherwork would cost a bomb I think for custom pieces.

Phill
-+: https://www.mythologycodex.com :+-

A collection of incredible jaw-dropping mentalism, now available.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2212 Posts

Profile of NeilS
In the interests of disclosure, I paid full price for The Blink. I received this today.

First of all, Blink is fairly expensive but what you are getting is something stylish, something you will be proud to own and, importantly, will impress those who see it (including potential bookers.) With Blink you are paying for quality.

Although an initial concern, the embossed feature actually makes this look like a designer item as well as enhancing the case. I have no problem with it at all, even though I was at first reticent.

The handling too is a delight and with you able to get the peek when you want and at your leisure. This is a major plus - added to which you can, if you wish, give the wallet to the spectator hold. And there are not many gimmicked items you can do that with. The area visible is quite large.

Looch has a reputation for producing fine quality items - AREA is one of my all time favourites - and with Blink he has created a means by which to entertain, something superbly made and crafted, is effective and a delight to use.

This is really a top quality item and an excellent release.

Well done Looch.

Neil
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1212 Posts

Profile of Jared
As always, Neil S. provides excellent (honest) feedback! I will most likely take the plunge thanks to his positive review.
Investigative Mentalist
View Profile
Elite user
Seattle, WA
490 Posts

Profile of Investigative Mentalist
Quote:
On Jun 8, 2018, NeilS wrote:
In the interests of disclosure, I paid full price for The Blink. I received this today.

First of all, Blink is fairly expensive but what you are getting is something stylish, something you will be proud to own and, importantly, will impress those who see it (including potential bookers.) With Blink you are paying for quality.

Although an initial concern, the embossed feature actually makes this look like a designer item as well as enhancing the case. I have no problem with it at all, even though I was at first reticent.

The handling too is a delight and with you able to get the peek when you want and at your leisure. This is a major plus - added to which you can, if you wish, give the wallet to the spectator hold. And there are not many gimmicked items you can do that with. The area visible is quite large.

Looch has a reputation for producing fine quality items - AREA is one of my all time favourites - and with Blink he has created a means by which to entertain, something superbly made and crafted, is effective and a delight to use.

This is really a top quality item and an excellent release.

Well done Looch.

Neil

Thanks for the review Neil, you hit the key points that made me decide to purchase this business card case.

I do a lot of strolling mentalism effects using business cards and I like the fact that you can flash the "hot" side of the case
to the spectator after their card has been loaded into it and there is nothing to see. And as you mentioned, you can let them hold it.
I have another business card peek case that I love that looks innocent on either side before you load it, but once the spec's card is
inside their drawing/word is clearly visible on the hot side of the case. During rehearsal I handed that case to my wife to hold
and for some reason she decided to turn it over in her hands and saw the drawing. I know that probably would not happen with
proper audience management, but why take the chance? Kudos to Looch for coming up with a business card case that looks like it will be perfect
for one-to-one business card effects. Also I like that it is a NOT a "wallet" I only use business card cases for business card
effects because they make perfect sense in a business setting or even a private party.
Bob777
View Profile
New user
Norfolk, England
24 Posts

Profile of Bob777
It may be a poor 'promo' video and yes it would have been better to have seen a performance. No doubt that will come. The fact is, the Blink business card wallet looks quality and the whole caboodle clearly fools laymen. Ordered mine one minute ago (I know, I can't sleep).
Magic is a hook on which you hang your personality
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Special user
Norfolk, UK
904 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
I guess the "cost" will be dependant on how often you will use it... If you are using it all the time, then it's great value for money. If it ends up in the dreaded magicians drawer after a couple of uses, then it's very expensive, irrespective of the initial cost!

Good luck with it Looch, I'm sure it will be a great success.
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of Secret Servante, Genetics, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3229 Posts

Profile of warren
Neil as you own this wallet what are the dimensions as it looks a little big for a business card holder/wallet ?
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2212 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Closed, the wallet is approx. 4.25 inches by just under 3 inches. It is a neat size and doesn't take up much pocket space.

I have now had the wallet over 24 hours and now that the leather has warmed up and loosened up a bit, the whole operation and move has become really smooth. Blink is a wonderful device.

In the instructions Looch actually mentions the 'freedom and flexibility' Blink allows, and I fully agree. You can literally take the peek as and when you want. And, as I have mentioned before, the wallet can even be handed to a spectator with little chance of them finding anything amiss.

Also, the filmed instructions are really excellent. They take the form of a discussion and explanation and feature Looch and (on this occasion, a dazzling) Phil Smith. Not only is there a wonderful rapport between these two gents but they give great insights into performing as well as ways to use, handle and perform Blink. It was an education and joy to watch.

Neil
Bob777
View Profile
New user
Norfolk, England
24 Posts

Profile of Bob777
NeilS, thank you for your excellent info in this thread. I am definitely glad I ordered Blink now. Can't wait for it to arrive.
Magic is a hook on which you hang your personality
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Blink by Looch (165 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..17~18~19 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL