The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Blink by Looch (165 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2208 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Last year I performed an effect using Blink on a lady well into her eighties. She was absolutely amazed.
I saw her again today and, remembering this effect, asked me to show a friend. I did and with all watching me intently.
It went brilliantly, leaving all amazed. Blink is such a wonderful and deceptive tool.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1621 Posts

Profile of 252life
Agreed Neil. I still use Blink daily and appreciate it more all the time.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1233 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
I've been searching for a decent (non-electronic) peek device for decades and never found one. Each and every one has some flaw that just looks extremely fishy; either the look of the wallet or a move that is made during the execution that telegraphs that SOMETHING just happened. I've gone through dozens, from the MindSpy to the Jaks wallet and the SUC case (I liked that one, but the danger of flashing always put me off actually using it) However, I have to say, BLINK looks absolutely great, and using it is a dream. I’ve been playing around with it, and as soon as the image is in the slot, I give it to the participant to sandwich between his hands PEEK SIDE UP. It makes me laugh inside every time. It is beautifully – and I do mean beautifully - crafted. Great quality leather (which needs to be softened up for it to work seamlessly, yes.) I loved the designer-style badging (leather oval with branding / leather symbol / and even stitching). It has the designer-look, very similar to my wallet and man-bag. I actually did this with a couple of performers and gave it to them. They were pressing to see if a light came on, flipping it over to see if there was an extra flap etc. It was funny to watch. But of course, it's not meant to fool magicians, it's meant to look like an expensive, top-quality designer business card case... which it is.) Those who have read my book MMfM will be aware that it takes a LOT for me to introduce anything new into my performance - and I only ever carry a pad, pencil and a nailwriter among my everyday belongings. There is now one more item, and that is BLINK. I can honestly say that BLINK is something really special, yet totally practical, that can be used with complete ease and confidence. It’s a work of art! (Oh, but don't get anybody to put it in their pocket - it will come out with paperclips, coins and keys clinging to it!) Smile
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1621 Posts

Profile of 252life
Lol you’re a peek adrenaline junkie, I recognize the symptoms:)

Absolute Blink side note..
I usually use it for time reveals. Had an obnoxious drunk woman at a show scribble the hell out of the card.
Instead of a time (“specific time on a clock”), mixed in with the scribbles and almost (!) out of the p*** area she scrawled a “03/09”
That led into a treasure trove of great stuff. That happy accident ended up being one of the best moments of the night.
Not sure if there’s a lesson in there somewhere lol.

Back on topic, and redundant now for two years- I love this fun little utility.
Highest recommendations.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3319 Posts

Profile of Looch
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2019, Drewmcadam wrote:
I've been searching for a decent (non-electronic) peek device for decades and never found one. Each and every one has some flaw that just looks extremely fishy; either the look of the wallet or a move that is made during the execution that telegraphs that SOMETHING just happened. I've gone through dozens, from the MindSpy to the Jaks wallet and the SUC case (I liked that one, but the danger of flashing always put me off actually using it) However, I have to say, BLINK looks absolutely great, and using it is a dream. I’ve been playing around with it, and as soon as the image is in the slot, I give it to the participant to sandwich between his hands PEEK SIDE UP. It makes me laugh inside every time. It is beautifully – and I do mean beautifully - crafted. Great quality leather (which needs to be softened up for it to work seamlessly, yes.) I loved the designer-style badging (leather oval with branding / leather symbol / and even stitching). It has the designer-look, very similar to my wallet and man-bag. I actually did this with a couple of performers and gave it to them. They were pressing to see if a light came on, flipping it over to see if there was an extra flap etc. It was funny to watch. But of course, it's not meant to fool magicians, it's meant to look like an expensive, top-quality designer business card case... which it is.) Those who have read my book MMfM will be aware that it takes a LOT for me to introduce anything new into my performance - and I only ever carry a pad, pencil and a nailwriter among my everyday belongings. There is now one more item, and that is BLINK. I can honestly say that BLINK is something really special, yet totally practical, that can be used with complete ease and confidence. It’s a work of art! (Oh, but don't get anybody to put it in their pocket - it will come out with paperclips, coins and keys clinging to it!) Smile

Hey Drew! Thanks for the kind words on Blink, the photo you shared on the FB group with the paperclip and coin made me howl with laughter! I use Blink at every show and still cant quite believe I created it. I genuinely think its one of my best.
Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Blink by Looch (165 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL