The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Blink by Looch (165 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..17~18~19 [Next]
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2208 Posts

Profile of NeilS
A pleasure Bob.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11912 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Looch is coming out with top notch utility devices that at least one will be in the top 2018 most loved and used this year. Well done. Now a small business card case that is small and deceptive and exclusively for the working Pro. Thanks for the review Neil.

Decomposing Leather
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1399 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Neil, thanks for the review. Much appreciated.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2208 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Today was a superb weather day in the UK and enjoyed a walk in the countryside. Sad that I am, I took Blink with me and, as I walked, practiced the handling so it became second nature. However I also found that it is possible to hold the wallet and do the necessary in either hand and in different orientations. This again gives a huge amount of freedom and flexibility as to when you get to learn the info.

Also, in the instructions, Looch mentions a deceptive layer you can add to the inside of the case. I did this this morning and it makes the working seem more that much more impossible. I have had to pick my words carefully here, but am sure those who have Blink know what I mean.

Neil
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1620 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
When we were dicking around before we shot the video Looch actually made that bit up and showed me and looked more baffling for sure. Is it gilding the lily? Maybe but who doesn't want a nice shiny lily? Things like that are very strong because they just add an extra subliminal layer of misdirection, it just further precludes the audience members ever reaching the actual method.

Phill
-+: https://www.mythologycodex.com :+-

A collection of incredible jaw-dropping mentalism, now available.
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3319 Posts

Profile of Looch
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2018, NeilS wrote:
Today was a superb weather day in the UK and enjoyed a walk in the countryside. Sad that I am, I took Blink with me and, as I walked, practiced the handling so it became second nature. However I also found that it is possible to hold the wallet and do the necessary in either hand and in different orientations. This again gives a huge amount of freedom and flexibility as to when you get to learn the info.

Also, in the instructions, Looch mentions a deceptive layer you can add to the inside of the case. I did this this morning and it makes the working seem more that much more impossible. I have had to pick my words carefully here, but am sure those who have Blink know what I mean.

Neil

Thank you for your detailed reviews Neil! The freedom & flexibility BLINK brings to the peek case is one of the key things imo. The feedback online, in other forums etc has been overwhelming and I am very proud to have created this product. I genuinely believe its a game changer.
music
View Profile
Special user
537 Posts

Profile of music
When will we see a performance video?
espmagic
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of espmagic
For 20+ years the industry standard in peek devices has been Mark Strivings' "Sight Unseen Case" - I know, I've had 3 of them. But Looch's "Blink" may have made the SUC obsolete (sorry, Mark). Because it's action allows for the one thing that any case or wallet that uses the SUC technology cannot do: full 360 degree rotation AFTER the written-on slip has been returned to the case! Looch, send me another one and then please stop making them...RLee Davis, Mind2Mind Productions
Jheff
View Profile
V.I.P.
389 Posts

Profile of Jheff
Quote:
On Jun 12, 2018, espmagic wrote:
But Looch's "Blink" may have made the SUC obsolete (sorry, Mark).

"Obsolete"? I definitely disagree with that. Do remember that the SUC wallet has two other very important mentalism functions that it can do (one of those I use quite frequently) and Blink only does the peek. So, SUC is still the standard in terms of being the best all-around mentalist's ultility business card wallet, but I definitely agree that if we're just talking just about business card peek wallets, Blink is certainly in the running to be at the top. It's just a bit too soon for me to put it there yet. By year's end, or even this summer's end, it may well be.

It should also be said that, though the ad blurb does not mention this and the instructional video does, Blink was co-produced with Alan Wong, who recently co-produced Luca Volpe's The Fox and the new version of Mark Strivings' SUC, just to name a few. And that should settle any doubts one may have about the quality of this product.

FYI, I did get Blink in the mail yesterday and I've been playing with it since I got it. So far, my opinion hasn't changed.

- Jheff
Marketplace of the Mind THE LAZY MENTALIST'S CARD TRICK is now available!!
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
If you want a peek case that you can revolve to show all sides, the Jaks Wallet works perfectly (using Bob Cassidy's great handling -- which has a built-in reason for looking at the case while you get the peek). And it costs only about $35, in nice black leather.

On the Blink trailer, the peek looked to me a bit forced and ham-handed. I was surprised, because I'm a big fan of Looch's peeks on his Retina collection. I think another video showing at least part of a routine would help by showing the peek in context.

Cheers,
Jerry
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1399 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Ah yes, once you go Jaks, you never go back...to other wallets, imho anyway.

I've bought too many peek wallets over the years. Some simple, others more complex. Some quite ingenious, others rather plain.

The one I return to time and time again, is the JOL Jaks. Simple, easy to use, and as Jerry notes above, with Bob Cassidy's handling, very, very deceptive.

On top of all this, the JOL Jaks has such a nice, classy feel to it.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3033 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
The original thought transmitter or other versions that use that same technology ( thought reader etc ) work 360 degrees and can be handed out and also look no more weird than this one . Infact my business cards are printed on black so the window I have cleverly printed so it just appears one of my business cards is actually in there when I get the peek . Can anyone confirm that this uses a completely different method than the other versions I have mentioned please , kind regards Tarik 🙂
espmagic
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of espmagic
Jeff - I only mentioned peeking, and not loading or writing or the other qualities that the SUC makes available. And Trail, while the Telethougjt's "technology" makes it potentially unique, it still requires angles and lighting...and, as you say, the (potentially) added cost of re-doing all business cards in black in. "Making the SUC obsolete " was just my opinion, not a point to start any argument. And I am still using mine for other purposes (for example, using Pablo Amira's Minimal Wallet with the SUC ability to load into an envelope...)
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3319 Posts

Profile of Looch
Quote:
On Jun 12, 2018, Tarik Flash wrote:
The original thought transmitter or other versions that use that same technology ( thought reader etc ) work 360 degrees and can be handed out and also look no more weird than this one . Infact my business cards are printed on black so the window I have cleverly printed so it just appears one of my business cards is actually in there when I get the peek . Can anyone confirm that this uses a completely different method than the other versions I have mentioned please , kind regards Tarik 🙂

Hi Tarik

BLINK doesn't use the same method as any of those products you mentioned.

Hope that clarifies 👍🏼

Kind regards
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3033 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Thank you Looch best wishes Tarik 🙂
Bambu
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of Bambu
The Piatt's peek wallet made in the early 80's had similar technology but using a snap strap, it looks in my opinion more "normal". The wallet can be shown both sides, before and after the peek, and the spectator can hold the wallet during the revelation.
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1620 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
Hi guys could you just list every peek wallet real quick? Thanks.

Phill
-+: https://www.mythologycodex.com :+-

A collection of incredible jaw-dropping mentalism, now available.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1399 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
To be completely honest, when Looch announced weeks ago that he was coming out with a new peek wallet, I was really looking forward to it. I have some of his releases and like his thinking. But when I saw the first photo, and that patch on the wallet, that was a Debbie downer for me.

Just a matter of personal preference, but I would never buy a wallet or a business card case with a big patch on it. Just don't like the look. Others will of course have differing preferences and opinions, including some who love the patch and those who are indifferent, and that's of course how it should be. For me, I just don't like the look of a wallet with a big patch. My opinion is the patch just looks odd. Plus patches can catch when you try to put them in your pocket, and get little fuzzies on the edge... Of the dozens of wallets I own, not one has a patch on it, just smooth leather...smooth like courvoisier...or in some cases pleather, or vinyl. I believe one may actually be fine Corinthian leather, but I can't say for sure.
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Looch had me view a private video of the peek from the performer's viewpoint. I was reminded of an obscure Larry Becker wallet called the TMI, which was of similar construction, but was awkward to use and showed you only a tiny portion of the card.

Blink would not be my go-to in peek devices, but I will say that that operation is silky smooth and you see much of the inserted card. It should satisfy the gizmo lover in most magicians!
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1767 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Horses for courses. For me, personally, I don't think a 360 degree rotation is all that important. Just do a p***** m***. But for those who DO want to be able to do a full rotation then this is clearly the best option. I've looked into all those wallets with security filters but I've read too many variable opinions as to their practicality - very limited angles, too dark, too light. This is the next evolution if you want that total freedom. You may not like the patch - I don't see it as an issue because there are wallets out there like this - but it's a necessary compromise and isn't going to fail you like a filter.

I'd urge people looking for a peek wallet that do have angle concerns to plump for this. By supporting invention you pave the way for more invention. And Looch is one of the best there is for quality products.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Blink by Looch (165 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..17~18~19 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL