The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Forum posts (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26867 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
No idea what to do with them - but I've looked at non-roll pencils for years... and only a few minutes ago came across this item. Smile
http://www.coolthings.com/pencil-dice/

No idea yet what tricks they will help with but thanks in advance, Sebastian Bergne.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Yehuda
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of Yehuda
Quote:
On Jun 19, 2018, Tom Cutts wrote:
It would seem Jonathan means, you have said you will be crediting, but you are questioning what the standard for doing so is. Don't question. Do the crediting as you have stated.

More toward your ponderance:

A. There is no "Letter of the Law" because there is no law.

B. This is a matter of ethic, and ethics can vary greatly.

C. There seems to be fewer and fewer people each year who have any concern for crediting.

Thanks for this clarification, Tom. Ya, I guess that's what Jonathan was referring to. I think my goal in posting this was not for me to get a "verdict" from the Café crowd- As you said, I already made my decision of what I want to do (to credit). My goal was to start a discussion about "Right or Wrong?" and hear other people's thoughts on the matter. Not so I can decide what I should do, but to have a nice discussion about it.

Yehuda
Yehuda
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of Yehuda
Quote:
On Jun 19, 2018, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
No idea what to do with them - but I've looked at non-roll pencils for years... and only a few minutes ago came across this item. Smile
http://www.coolthings.com/pencil-dice/

No idea yet what tricks they will help with but thanks in advance, Sebastian Bergne.

Jonathan, what are you responding to? (I don't think Sebastian even posted anything in this thread...)

Yehuda
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4683 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Jun 19, 2018, Tom Cutts wrote:

C. There seems to be fewer and fewer people each year who have any concern for crediting.

While I agree with everything else you have said in this thread, my admittedly unscientific impression is that quite the opposite is true.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Forum posts (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL