The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Like doing effects with plastic straws? Screw it. (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I remember a trick in The New Tops that involves gimmicking a Burger King ashtray! The author actually went to great lengths explaining how you could steal an ashtray from Burger King without getting caught! (It’s moot now, but Burger King wouldn’t have cared if you took one of their ashtrays.

I also remember ordering a trick which used a gimmickry can of Coca Cola. When it got delivered, it was an experimental can of Coke, where the design was a red a white checkerboard pattern that Coke has stopped using years ago.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Magicians are slow to change.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2097 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Quote:
On Jun 29, 2018, lynnef wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 28, 2018, Cliffg37 wrote:
Try to borrow a "dime" from a spectator. That is a laugh. Among those who no longer carry cash, even lass carry coins. I have a little pill jar full of dimes I introduce and allow the spectator to pick one..

LOL! Same goes for half dollars; and yet, it's the go-to coin for a lot of magicians!...

Yeah I was surprised when I went to the bank recently, about 5 of them; and asked for some Half Dollars and a confused Millennial teller looked at me and was like "a what?" No joke. Smile I had to go to 5 banks to scrounge up 4 of them. I still have several old ones though I just had to shine them up, but wanted fresh ones. I was afraid to ask for any "silver dollars" then as I am sure I would get an even more confused and horrified look. I use mostly quarters anyway as even long ago no one had any half-dollars.

I almost had to resort buying them off eBay lol. I know they also sell replica ones made for magicians, and "palming coins" etc. Seems the only way to get Walking Liberties is on eBay or magic sites and get expensive. But I found it odd that 5 banks barely had any half dollars. So luckily I got some and saved my old ones.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2097 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Quote:
On Jul 3, 2018, ed rhodes wrote:
I remember a trick in The New Tops that involves gimmicking a Burger King ashtray! The author actually went to great lengths explaining how you could steal an ashtray from Burger King without getting caught! (It’s moot now, but Burger King wouldn’t have cared if you took one of their ashtrays.

Lol! I will have to look that up, I think I have the New Tops Digital CD-Rom. But that sounds hilarious. I worked at BK as a teen so that would have been no problem lol.

Set-up: "You will need to steal a Burger King ashtray." Smile
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2097 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
I am gonna stock up though on half dollars, straws, and plastic Bottles like there was an apocalypse coming. So I should be fine for awhile lol.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Do they still sell “Phone-y Ring?” It was a battery operated telephone with a prop receiver. You could trigger the bell and pull the receiver out of anywhere. Had one, never used it. Ended up giving it away when I was doing a show called; “The Man Who Came To Dinner.” They were using an alarm clock for a telephone bell! For some reason that I don’t recall, I had a war-surplus radio transmitter which I donated and, as it was set in the 30’s and the character was supposed to read from a copy of “Time,” I told them to change the line to “Newsweek” and gave them my “Grant’s Newsweek Production!”
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Can't we recycle the straws instead of exterminating them?
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
And, are straws worse than plastic water bottles?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Like doing effects with plastic straws? Screw it. (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL