The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Name it Plus: A new take in the "named card" plot (21 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11889 Posts

Profile of John C
What's so hard about a video that is literally shot from the audience of a real time effect. You know, as if one was at a magic convention.

I mean, in the good old days at a convention, when there was no video to show a trick, the demo person had to repeatedly perform the trick. They never said, "oh sorry man I can only do pieces of the trick or else you'll figure it out!" and all that BS.

I mean, when did tricks change so much that a real time demo cannot be shown?

Is it the trick? Is it the media of video that has changed tricks so much as to make them" video dependant"

Why buy something based on a video where it "almost" shows what the audiences sees? What kind of nonsense is that?

If I offended anyone then.... Too bad.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11889 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Jun 8, 2018, Amirá wrote:
Image



(With your purchase you will receive for FREE an extra eBook with more ideas by Pablo Amira)


"Name It" is a new routine from the mind of Paul Hamilton, and it is amazing!

You have someone shuffle the deck until they are happy. They hand you the deck back or place it on the table. You take the top card off face down and slide it towards them pointing to the card you ask if they can get the name of a the card to the front of their mind.
You then ask them to say it.
It is the card on the table.

Limited to 100 Copies!





This is bold, very bold but easily do-able.
Well thought through. I like it very much. Some lovely ideas from Peter Turner.
Derek Heron


There is NO WAY this is how it will work. NO WAY. Come on we are all semi intelligent here. We know this as the not going to go down according the description above. No way. So now what?
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
dyoung
View Profile
Elite user
492 Posts

Profile of dyoung
We all have a moan, this thread gets buried several pages back here on the Café, and then Amira or someone else will put out another brain fart, and the cycle continues Smile
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1787 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Quote:
On Jun 12, 2018, John C wrote:
What's so hard about a video that is literally shot from the audience of a real time effect. You know, as if one was at a magic convention.

I mean, in the good old days at a convention, when there was no video to show a trick, the demo person had to repeatedly perform the trick. They never said, "oh sorry man I can only do pieces of the trick or else you'll figure it out!" and all that BS.

I mean, when did tricks change so much that a real time demo cannot be shown?

Is it the trick? Is it the media of video that has changed tricks so much as to make them" video dependant"

Why buy something based on a video where it "almost" shows what the audiences sees? What kind of nonsense is that?

If I offended anyone then.... Too bad.


You are totally spot on. I recall Roy Roth at a convention demonstrating Becker's commercial version of Kenton's "Kollosal Killer". Now, there's an obvious difference in the prediction depending whether you were spot on of off by one...so to speak...but did that stop him demonstrating? No - because people could then decide "Hmm, I don't like the "out" so I'll pass" or "Hey that's cool, I'll use it."

This business of edited videos is entirely dishonest.
leosx1
View Profile
Loyal user
243 Posts

Profile of leosx1
As long as we will keep spending our money on products with edited videos they will be produced, it is all in our hands.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1384 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Here’s the deal...

OF COURSE the video isn’t the full story. I think they went wrong when they posted the video and proceeded to say that was the entire process. But I understand where they were coming from because yes, to those watching, it looks just like that. That is the effect.

Now if you get this knowing that it’s a way to instant stooge someone, I think you would respect it more.

This is a way to get any random spectator up with you. They shuffle the deck, you take a card, and boom, they name it. They try again with another randomly selected card. This time they struggle for a moment and may even say that have no idea. You encourage them to keep trying and BOOM they get it again. You could go through the entire deck if you wanted (but I wouldn’t)

Yes, the spectator helping you will know how it’s done. And no, the spectator helping won’t be impressed. There’s no DR in the sense of both of them experiencing an effect. You’re teaching the spectator how to do it! Then you tell them not to tell anyone how they did it and all their friends will be amazed about it for years! They won’t tell anyone. They like feeling special.

If you know what to expect when you purchase, I think you’ll find the method satisfactory. There’s a nice moment built in as well where they can’t work out which card it is which sells the fact that you didn’t just teach them an easy way.

Madison
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1787 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Quote:
On Jun 13, 2018, MadisonH wrote:
Here’s the deal...

OF COURSE the video isn’t the full story. I think they went wrong when they posted the video and proceeded to say that was the entire process. But I understand where they were coming from because yes, to those watching, it looks just like that. That is the effect.

Now if you get this knowing that it’s a way to instant stooge someone, I think you would respect it more.

This is a way to get any random spectator up with you. They shuffle the deck, you take a card, and boom, they name it. They try again with another randomly selected card. This time they struggle for a moment and may even say that have no idea. You encourage them to keep trying and BOOM they get it again. You could go through the entire deck if you wanted (but I wouldn’t)

Yes, the spectator helping you will know how it’s done. And no, the spectator helping won’t be impressed. There’s no DR in the sense of both of them experiencing an effect. You’re teaching the spectator how to do it! Then you tell them not to tell anyone how they did it and all their friends will be amazed about it for years! They won’t tell anyone. They like feeling special.

If you know what to expect when you purchase, I think you’ll find the method satisfactory. There’s a nice moment built in as well where they can’t work out which card it is which sells the fact that you didn’t just teach them an easy way.

Madison


I'd say whilst it may be YOUR deal dear Madison, it's not quite THE deal. It's clear people are unhappy with this and quite rightly. The video is dishonest because it's not saying "this is what the audience sees" it is strongly suggesting "this is the experience for the participant". There's no need for the video to exist because it's VERY CLEARLY a close up performance and this seems not be a close up piece.

Anyway, it's interesting to watch how Amira is totally unable to defend himself against criticism. He was full of baloney earlier and now he's left the thread. Presumably he's had his surge of sales and no longer needs to defend the product.
dyoung
View Profile
Elite user
492 Posts

Profile of dyoung
Classic Amirisms Smile
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1384 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Jun 13, 2018, David Numen wrote:
I'd say whilst it may be YOUR deal dear Madison, it's not quite THE deal. It's clear people are unhappy with this and quite rightly. The video is dishonest because it's not saying "this is what the audience sees" it is strongly suggesting "this is the experience for the participant". There's no need for the video to exist because it's VERY CLEARLY a close up performance and this seems not be a close up piece.

Anyway, it's interesting to watch how Amira is totally unable to defend himself against criticism. He was full of baloney earlier and now he's left the thread. Presumably he's had his surge of sales and no longer needs to defend the product.



I thought I made it very clear that they were in the wrong with the way they advertised with the video.

Madison
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1787 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Quote:
On Jun 13, 2018, MadisonH wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 13, 2018, David Numen wrote:
I'd say whilst it may be YOUR deal dear Madison, it's not quite THE deal. It's clear people are unhappy with this and quite rightly. The video is dishonest because it's not saying "this is what the audience sees" it is strongly suggesting "this is the experience for the participant". There's no need for the video to exist because it's VERY CLEARLY a close up performance and this seems not be a close up piece.

Anyway, it's interesting to watch how Amira is totally unable to defend himself against criticism. He was full of baloney earlier and now he's left the thread. Presumably he's had his surge of sales and no longer needs to defend the product.



I thought I made it very clear that they were in the wrong with the way they advertised with the video.

Madison


Well, to be fair Madison it came across to me like you were saying that it was to be expected that it wouldn't match but that it's an accurate depiction of what the audience sees. Two purchasers have expressed that the video is not an accurate depiction and I side with them because the video makes it look like it's a close up effect for that person. It could so easily have been avoided but then it IS Amira. All some of us are doing is calling him out on his baloney.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1384 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Whatever you say, buddy! Smile

Madison
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1787 Posts

Profile of David Numen
You're so disagreeable.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5133 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On Jun 13, 2018, MadisonH wrote:
Here’s the deal...

OF COURSE the video isn’t the full story. I think they went wrong when they posted the video and proceeded to say that was the entire process. But I understand where they were coming from because yes, to those watching, it looks just like that. That is the effect.

Now if you get this knowing that it’s a way to instant stooge someone, I think you would respect it more.

This is a way to get any random spectator up with you. They shuffle the deck, you take a card, and boom, they name it. They try again with another randomly selected card. This time they struggle for a moment and may even say that have no idea. You encourage them to keep trying and BOOM they get it again. You could go through the entire deck if you wanted (but I wouldn’t)

Yes, the spectator helping you will know how it’s done. And no, the spectator helping won’t be impressed. There’s no DR in the sense of both of them experiencing an effect. You’re teaching the spectator how to do it! Then you tell them not to tell anyone how they did it and all their friends will be amazed about it for years! They won’t tell anyone. They like feeling special.

If you know what to expect when you purchase, I think you’ll find the method satisfactory. There’s a nice moment built in as well where they can’t work out which card it is which sells the fact that you didn’t just teach them an easy way.

Madison


Thanks Maddy for your words!

Yes, in the original "Name it" method that Paul describes, there is no mystery experience for the participant, but with the extra ideas that Peter and myself wrote for the eBook, it can be easily transformed into DR.

Quote:
On Jun 13, 2018, David Numen wrote:
Anyway, it's interesting to watch how Amira is totally unable to defend himself against criticism. He was full of baloney earlier and now he's left the thread. Presumably he's had his surge of sales and no longer needs to defend the product.


Don't worry David, I am still open to talk, I just have a real life outside this green walls and I am busy with other tasks Smile
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1787 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Oh the old "real life" shade!

Pablo, I've been here 16 years, you've been here 9. You've got triple my post count. Go figure.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5133 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2018, David Numen wrote:
Oh the old "real life" shade!

Pablo, I've been here 16 years, you've been here 9. You've got triple my post count. Go figure.


1+6=7
You are in a good year!

By the way, thank everyone for the interest in this eBook, only 100 copies are available and we are almost there
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1787 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Lol - lull in sales, bring thread back to front page with pointless post. Classic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Name it Plus: A new take in the "named card" plot (21 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.31 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL