The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Fog machine question?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

clubber89
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of clubber89
I was just wondering if anyone knows how I can control fog with some sort of tube...what should I use...what shouldn't I use.... I want to make a tube go from the machine and onto the top of my cutting in sixths illusion..and through a hole in the top...then when I open it and she's gone...smoke pours down into the box from above (I already have the machine)
avimagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Hollywood, Florida
235 Posts

Profile of avimagic
I have used flexible vacuum cleaner hose, attached with duct tape. Make sure it doesn't touch the part of the machine that gets really hot (usually recessed, so usually not an issue).
KSMagic2007
View Profile
Regular user
Missouri
200 Posts

Profile of KSMagic2007
Are you wanting to make a device that will keep the fog bottom of the stage floor, rather than just have it go anywhere?
Kyle
clubber89
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of clubber89
No, I already know how to do that
Joe Mansfield
View Profile
Loyal user
227 Posts

Profile of Joe Mansfield
I saw a plan somewhere to take a cooler, fill it with ice, drill holes on on both sides to insert a tube from the machine. When the fog comes out the opposite hole, it is heavier and will stay on the floor. I;ll see if I can locate them.
clubber89
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of clubber89
Yea...thats what I do!!!
Grandillusionsmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
270 Posts

Profile of Grandillusionsmagic
I have used 2.5 inch PVC to go a couple feet, when I needed it to go 5 feet I got 3 or 3.5 inch PVC and a little fan that fit in the PVC. I only had a couple of corners so if you need more than 3 or three corners I would get larger PVC and fan.
I hope this helps
Jason
PS do you have a fog mnachine? I am selling mine because my show doesn't need it.

http://www.grandillusionsmagic.com
Magically,
GI
www.boisemagic.com
theaterfreak89
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of theaterfreak89
Just make sure that you leave 2-3 inches between the nozzle of the fog machine and the start of your ducting. This will allow the fog to condense and then enter the ducting. Without this gap, you will end up with a lot of oily residue dripping out of your ducting, not to mention the damage that the excess pressure does to the machine.
"...Now lift it up...over your head..."
paulajayne
View Profile
Inner circle
London England
1160 Posts

Profile of paulajayne
Hi armoured cable hose is the most suitable as it can handle the heat, its strong and very resiliant to waer and tear.

Paula
Paula Jay - Magic to Remember -
---------------------------------
I once wrote a book on elephants, I think paper would have been better.
----
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Fog machine question?? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL