The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Screw balls accusing magicians of using demons (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

miistermagico
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of miistermagico
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
642 Posts

Profile of Winks
No argument that there are some nutcases around. I'll not disagree with that. On the other hand, there are those in the bizarre community who claim to be using demons or witchcraft to assist whatever trick they are doing. And, there are those bizrrarists who insist that our bizarre magic - MAGIC as in TRICK or ILLUSION - is real. So, it cuts both ways. Unfortunately.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3256 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
I tell people I once made a piano player disappear. She said if I did one more magic trick she was gone. I did and she was.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
Haven't slept in weeks - but I now have
698 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
Wait, it’s a trick?
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Special user
989 Posts

Profile of Anverdi-museum
I am familiar with this kook on youtube that thinks magic is accomplished through demons....please do compare this to Chrisianity, these views are excessive and not the norm. Most, I would venture to say the vast majority of Christian accept our art with no problem. Every church I have been a member of has accepted my magic and repeatedly hired me for the youth groups, etc. Any reasoble person with a brain in his head considers "magic" to be nothing more than a clever art hopefully performed by a clever entertainer.
Sir
View Profile
Loyal user
207 Posts

Profile of Sir
Hang on, these guys are using demons to perform impossible feats of magic? And here I have been practicing hours and hours like a chump. Where can I get myself one of these handy demonic assistants?
"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
642 Posts

Profile of Winks
Sir, you'll have to ask them - but that is what I've heard 2 bizarrists claim.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3256 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2018, Anverdi-museum wrote:
I am familiar with this kook on youtube that thinks magic is accomplished through demons....please do compare this to Chrisianity, these views are excessive and not the norm. Most, I would venture to say the vast majority of Christian accept our art with no problem. Every church I have been a member of has accepted my magic and repeatedly hired me for the youth groups, etc. Any reasoble person with a brain in his head considers "magic" to be nothing more than a clever art hopefully performed by a clever entertainer.


I can tell you don't go down East. It's not as bad now but was a few years ago.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3256 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2018, Sir wrote:
Hang on, these guys are using demons to perform impossible feats of magic? And here I have been practicing hours and hours like a chump. Where can I get myself one of these handy demonic assistants?


I think they are sold.in bottles.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4205 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
The two Mormon missionaries who visit my house every week seem awfully fascinated by the Ouija board on display on my fireplace mantel.

"Do you actually use that?" one asked.

"Yes, for my séance act," I replied.

I wonder if they will return next week?
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18248 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Whenever I see some religious group or other knocking on my door wanting to give me a pamphlet, I answer the door with "hail satan" and smile broadly...then I ask them about dinosaurs...they are usually keen to leave me alone...
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3256 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Jun 16, 2018, Philemon Vanderbeck wrote:
The two Mormon missionaries who visit my house every week seem awfully fascinated by the Ouija board on display on my fireplace mantel.

"Do you actually use that?" one asked.

"Yes, for my séance act," I replied.

I wonder if they will return next week?


If not, just conjure them up in you next act.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3256 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Jun 16, 2018, IAIN wrote:
Whenever I see some religious group or other knocking on my door wanting to give me a pamphlet, I answer the door with "hail satan" and smile broadly...then I ask them about dinosaurs...they are usually keen to leave me alone...


I never answer the door. If I do, they want to sell me something. If I don't, they leave it free.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1812 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
The Demons used to be great but then they joined the union and it's been down hill ever since. So hard to get good minions these days.
Djin
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Djin
About two years ago I moved from the northeast US to North Carolina. People here are, by and large, more religious than people up north. I have been very slow and careful in sharing my interest. I spent time in Arkansas in the '80s and it's not quite the same today, but I'm careful not to make myself a bad name. There are lots of people I've met who love to see a little something mysterious, but there are others who see hypnotism and spoon bending as flat out demonic. I am a Scout Master in my son's troop and the other kids parents trust me to take their kids on trips that sometimes may be dangerous. I don't do anything to erode their confidence in me in any way. We meet at a Southern Baptist church. I don't rock the boat. I don't perform professionally so it's not a problem for me to avoid ticking off the more.... enthusiastic faithful. While most Christians I know see magic as illusion, mentalism and mysterious presentation can be a dog whistle to some people. Some people really do think it's playing with forces beyond our grasp.

At least they don't think it's fake.
Djin
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Djin
Thanks for posting all those videos. It's good and I think important to grasp what people may think of a presentation, even if it's negative and a little bit off the beaten path.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Screw balls accusing magicians of using demons (7 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL