The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Editing and deleting a post (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5153 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
A recent question was posted in this forum asking if it was possible to edit or delete a post several days after it was posted. I responded however deleted the topic in error. The question is answered in the rules forum but this is what it says.

Quote:
that said, members may edit their post if the message is LESS THAN 30 MINUTES OLD *AND* there has been no replies to the message. If the post is older than 30 minutes or a reply has been posted, the member will get one of the following two messages:
----------------------
"Sorry, you may not edit this message because the 30-minute time limit for editing has passed. This message may only be edited or deleted by staff."

OR

"Sorry, you may not edit this message
because a reply has been posted.
This message may only be edited or deleted by staff."

Sorry for the inadvertent deletion.
Where the magic begins
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5161 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Dave, I saw the original question and didn't post an answer since I was on my cell. Would an alternative to your stated answer be to simply -
go to the post in question
hit the "report this post"
then select "Other" and explain "why" you want your (or someone else's) post deleted
At that point it would be up to the Mods to decide if deleting is appropriate.

I know that some posts will not be deleted "just because a mind was changed" but could be in a case of exposure or accidentally posting on the wrong tread. Obviously, this is still up to the Mods.

Just wondering for future reference.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5153 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Poof, my response quoting the rule was to answer his question, which was "can a post be edited or deleted after several days." The answer would be no but it wouldn't explain why. Knowing the reason for an action is often better than just a yes or no. I could have said to use the report this post as you stated but that wouldn't have answered his question.

Yes, after the stated time frame, he should use the report this post and yes, just because a post is reported doesn't mean we agree and will make the appropriate decision.
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Editing and deleting a post (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL