The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Let there be magic! » » New Bar Magic DVD? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tpdmagic
View Profile
Elite user
459 Posts

Profile of tpdmagic
I have been a bartender/magician for the last 10 years or so. A friend of mine suggested that I produce a DvD for magicians. My material is commercial enough to use outside of the bar as I do when I am doing a gig. My question for those of you out there do you think that there is room in the market for a dvd like this. I know that there are some great dvds already out. If I do this I think that I would do it with live footage of the bar that I work at and then teach the material inside a studio. To be honest I don't really want to do the work if there isn't a market for it. Any thoughts on the subject would be apreciated.

Tpdmagic
Steve Hart
View Profile
Veteran user
Cocoa, FL
388 Posts

Profile of Steve Hart
TPDmagic,

Maybe this will help you. First there are already some DVDs selling 'bar magic' that is a good sign.

But here are few more things to look at. Is the business of 'bar magic' dying?

Do a 'word search' on any Internet Search Engine with the words, "bar magic" and see what you find.

Get this, I know that every month 421 people type in the words, 'bar magic' into the Search Engines looking for information.

I also know that for the first time in the history of magic, there will be a "Bar Magic" convention next year 2005.

So stop worrying about whether or not it is a good idea and start figuring out what you are going to put into the DVD and make it your best. Get started.

When you have sold a few hundred, remember me.

Steve Hart
www.SteveHartSpeaks.com
www.magic2motivate.com
"Motivational Magicians are some of the highest paid magicians, find out why?"
tpdmagic
View Profile
Elite user
459 Posts

Profile of tpdmagic
Steve,
Thank you for the kind words and the info. Do you have any info on the bar magic convention?

tpmagic.com
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Well, if you are in it....it may lose money. I would hire a good looking model.....
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
tpdmagic
View Profile
Elite user
459 Posts

Profile of tpdmagic
Thanks for the support Rob...LOL
Steve Hart
View Profile
Veteran user
Cocoa, FL
388 Posts

Profile of Steve Hart
Yes, I do have some information on the "Bar Magic" convention in 2005 but it is not yet been confirmed so I will hold back that info.

You will hear about it soon enough.

Meanwhile, start working on your DVD.

Steve Hart
www.SteveHartSpeaks.com
www.magic2motivate.com
"Motivational Magicians are some of the highest paid magicians, find out why?"
tpdmagic
View Profile
Elite user
459 Posts

Profile of tpdmagic
I guess it's time to make the story board. Steve please keep me posted on the convention...

tpdmagic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Let there be magic! » » New Bar Magic DVD? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL